SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-10-2005, 01:21 PM

Recordings being broken up

It seems that recording are being broken up randomly into 3 or 4 pieces.
Is something interupting the recording while it's going on.

I get < show name here> -1
etc.

What is causing this?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Sage User

See my thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11374
Old 05-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just posted this answer in the other thread. hope it helps one of you

you might want to check your hardware drivers. I had this same issue for a while with the hauppage 250. turned out there was a driver issue and that there's a fix using a certain driver

here's part of the emailed solution from lasy august. the drivers fixed it for me:

"I looked over the log files and the reason it's creating a new file is because the capture card stopped producing data. Sage checks the file every so often and if it's not getting bigger then it restarts the recording and creates a new file. So it might be something with the card. You already did the drivers and the hard drive you are using is NTFS. I'm going to have to talk with the developer a little more about this one. One thing to try, even though this is for PVR-350's, is in your Sage.properties file there is this line, "mmc/encoders/1642691032/never_stop_encoding=false", change it to true to see what happens.

Another thing to try using a different Video Decoder. Try downloading the trial Elecard decoder and selecting it in Sage. http://www.elecard.com Make sure Sage is closed when installing the Elecard decoder.

If none of these work, then try these beta drivers for the PVR-250.
http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&threadid=5879
Follow my previous directions to get rid of the old drivers.

One way to find out if it's the capture card that is bad is to use the WinTV application. See if it does the same thing.

George"