SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
Now that is a really cool idea. The most useful thing I came up with was a 24hr snow map, heh.

peace . . .
Well, I don't any snow ... but ... I sure wish traffic looked like this every day !!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Traffic Map.pdf (128.5 KB, 204 views)
Old 07-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Administrator

mightyt: As I said above, I was only commenting on the fact that Left & Back don't always function the same way in the 'standard' STV, so that might make a difference here. I have no idea what all the dynamic menu system might change.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
mightyt: As I said above, I was only commenting on the fact that Left & Back don't always function the same way in the 'standard' STV, so that might make a difference here. I have no idea what all the dynamic menu system might change.

- Andy
Agreed Andy ... My point was meant to say it appeared to work for me with standard XML commands, internal screen buttons and dynamic menu customizations. Sorry if I wasn't clear and certianly not meaning to contradict you.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Thanks for pointing that out -- I forgot about the "Back" button on the left hand side of that menu. For some reason, it was acting as 'Left", but since it says "Back", I think it should probably act like the Back command to prevent confusion. I'm fairly sure that will get changed for one of the next versions...

- Andy
Maybe in future versions, the user could have full control (maybe only as part of a web server module). This way, in an explorer like window, the user could choose the menu structure and move things around the way they want, the backgrounds, icons, etc they wanted. People could save their own menu settings in a file and even share them if they wanted. I download, modify, and I have exactly what I want.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-01-2005, 01:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Do you think it's because you are using a different stv? I am using the generic v3 with most of the modules including of course custom menus.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
Weird, but it works for me?? ... Unless I am missing something ... I took some screen shots as I navigated to and from Video Library ... Used all three methods;

1 - Back Arrows
2 - Internal screen Back Commands
3 - Custom Menu Items to initiate Back by using "Left" command.

See attachment ...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Holy cow no wonder you need a traffic map. Last time I needed a map like that I think I was on business where you live, heh. Nowadays thanks to a net enabled world out here green dots just mean trees

Quote:
Well, I don't any snow ... but ... I sure wish traffic looked like this every day !!!
Old 08-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Sage Icon

not sure if this has been mentioned, but I noticed when browsing the interface, sometime when changing one menu to another, I noticed the "Configure Wizard" would pop up for a split second and goes away, then the correct menu would load. I'm not sure if this is Dynamic Menu Import related, but I did not notice this happenning in the original STV3. I do have the menu.xml customized to my likings, so this might or might not have anything to do with it. Anyone else encountered this bug?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Do you think it's because you are using a different stv? I am using the generic v3 with most of the modules including of course custom menus.

peace . . .
Yea ... I think that's what Andy was eluding to ...

I guess one never knows, when you consider all the combination options that include Version, STV and imports. As I mentioned earlier, I am still on v.2, with MLBDude's STV with Nielm's Combo STV over that.

Considering a lot of this stuff is developed by the same folks there may be still some common settings in property and XML files.

So I do agree, what may work for me may not work for others, but who knows, maybe someone will find a setting I tried that they didn't consider, try it and hopefully it works ... That's how I tweaked mine setup ... trying different settings options from others.

T.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Holy cow no wonder you need a traffic map. Last time I needed a map like that I think I was on business where you live, heh. Nowadays thanks to a net enabled world out here green dots just mean trees
HaHaHaHaHaHa I love it !!!

Green Dots are good! ... It the Red Dots that kill me ...

I wish I had more trees than freeways ...

But, you can't beat 9 months of summer ...

Of course, unless you spend 8 of them on the road ...

That's it ... I moving next door to you !!!!!!

T.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Absolutely, I agree with you 100%. The information sharing on this forum has solved many a problem for me. I missed earlier that you were using a different version of Sage, I was thinking it might only be the STV's that were different. Thanks for taking the time to share your data, as you say you never know where the answer lies.

Quote:

<snip>
So I do agree, what may work for me may not work for others, but who knows, maybe someone will find a setting I tried that they didn't consider, try it and hopefully it works ... That's how I tweaked mine setup ... trying different settings options from others.

T.

I lived in FL for . . . well a long time so I know what you mean about perpetual summers. We used to say 'of course we have winters in FL, last year it was on a Tuesday'. But nowadays if you lived next door to me you'd still be so far away I couldn't see your house. And when the ice comes it's an automatic sick day for commuters

Peace man.

Quote:
That's it ... I moving next door to you !!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Mayamaniac,

I tried to download your customized Cayars STV but the link doesn't seem to work. Could you please check it? Thanks!

Karen
NVidia GeForceX 5700
Hauppage WinTV PVR-350
1 TB Hard Drive space
Old 08-02-2005, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

Neil,

Got a problem when I add something with Dynamic menu. With Cayers' dynamic menu if you added something it set the menu up to scroll. This one does not.

Last edited by srothwell; 08-02-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen0302
Mayamaniac,
I tried to download your customized Cayars STV but the link doesn't seem to work. Could you please check it? Thanks!
Karen
Try right click on the link and select SAVE AS. Also, I'm updating my customized STV using the new SageTV 3.x STV base . I'll update the link when it is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Neil,
Got a problem when I add something with Dynamic menu. With Cayers' dynamic menu if you added something it set the menu up to scroll. This one does not. Please see attachment to see the screen.
I also have this problem, how do you resize the font in the main menu? In Cayars, I think it does automatically or it scrolls. I tried setting the base font in the Sage.prop file but it has no affect in the Main Menu. Please advice how to fix this.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Maymaniac/Srothwell: Font shrinking is failing: its a bug in my import due to changes in the V3 style comare to the v2 style... A fix will come soon (it shrinks fonts to a certain point, then scrolls after that)
Old 08-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

I archive quite a lot of shows. Everytime a show is archived that space is lost for new recordings because Sage leaves the *.mpg in the recordings folder. To get the space back one can move the file to the Library but then the show info is lost. Catch22. (So far all this is well known and commented upon, just setting up for my following request)

So, here is an import I'd like to see. When a show is archived, the show info is pulled from Wiz.bin via XML, then the import moves the file from the recordings folder to an Archived folder automagically. Finally, the show info (with updated location) is put back into Wiz.bin.

The XML import/export from/to Wiz.bin is already being done. All this module would really have to do is talk to the XML module and do a file move operation. Of course, an Archived folder would have to be created and defined so Sage would use it properly. That might be more difficult.

I can always move the files manually and use the XML module to keep the show info but I think the whole operation should be done by the archive button.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Sage Icon

If you have space in the location you intend to copy the archived file, why wouldn't you just define that as a recording location?

Last edited by Wheemer; 08-03-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Because I don't want Sage recording there.

OK, if that's not enough explanation, I have already given it a dedicated 320 GB drive for everyday recordings. That would be enough if it weren't for archived recordings so I don't think I should have to give it access to the drives I have setup for my permanent media library. It'll just start using up disc space I want reserved only for media I want to keep. Like my DVD collection. And my music collection. And (hopefully) archived shows.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Neil,

Been messing around with most of your plug-ins. Just wanted to give some feedback.......Except for the font-size problem with dynamic menus most everything seems to work just fine.

1. Can you make the STOP COMMAND plug-in have some way to turn it off, like you did for the smooth FFW/REW?

2. Is there any chance you can make one more plug in to emulate something that Cayers had? One function my wife likes that she's not happy is gone from V3 (coming from Cayers17) is a modification to the DELETE menu command for a show.

Upon selecting DELETE, Cayers17 had a pop-up menu that said:

DELETE and Set Watched/Like
DELETE and Set Watched/Not Like
DELETE and Set Not Watched/Like
DELETE and Set Not Watched/Not Like
Cancel

It would bump the WAF from 90% for V3 back up to the "peace and harmony in the house" 95% that I'm enjoying now

3. Is there any way to make Upcoming Recordings in the malore format? Cayers had it in ver17, but it always had a bug that it would never remember that you set it that way and it would always revert to interlaced when you selected it again.

Thanks for your work, and your consideration.

Stacy

Last edited by srothwell; 08-03-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Neilm,

Is there any way you can make a plugin that allows you to press the up/down buttons in live tv and it will show you what's on the other channels without changing the channels, and when you press the select button it will switch to that channel?

And maybe when you press the right button it will show what is the next show on the channel you are viewing?

It will really improve my sage experience, because I'm used to it from my satellite reciver...

Thanks for all your work and patience,

orky7

Last edited by orky7; 08-04-2005 at 02:38 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Orky:
Technically, yes it is possible... Practically, however: I don't have much time, and imports are much more difficult to develop than integrated STVs, so don't expect anything in the short term

Stacy:
1: multifunction stop: just don't import it! (ie re-import everything else into a copy of the original Sagetv3 STV)

2: not in the short term

3: I will look into it..

Last edited by nielm; 08-04-2005 at 04:50 AM.