SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
See the PM I just sent you ...

Not sure if Neilm's Diskspace widget still works the same, but I just added it to any menu I wanted as an option (see below)

<subMenuItem
title="Recording Manager"
icon="STVs\OriginalV2\mlbdude\Default\mm_schedule.png">
<menu title="Recording Manager">
<option>showrecschedwidget</option>
<option>showdiskspacewidget</option>

See the PM I just sent you ...

Well believe it or not I use FrontPage 2003's editor for my XML editing ... Then printed to a file through Adobe Acrobat to retain the colors to make it an easy read.

Take care ... T.
Thanks man! I can't wait to get started.. just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-31-2005, 02:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Snoopy, Agreed ... I could not wait to mod my Sage menu
I've run into problems. I created one of Nielms custom menus. Each time I back out of one I get the "original menu" and then another click back and I am back to the screen that I started from. Having to do that twice creates even more confusion as If I had not started all of it to begin with. I would just love to have more control. Can you suggest anything?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-31-2005, 07:21 AM

Has there been any thought to using antialiased fonts within Sage? I'm running at a fairly low resolution (720x480), and the fonts look like junk. Really ugly. Windows, with cleartype turned on looks great. This is one of the reasons I continue to use MCE -- I just can't look at the Sage UI for very long -- going back to v2.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Is there some technical reason this can't be done?
Old 07-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I've run into problems. I created one of Nielms custom menus. Each time I back out of one I get the "original menu" and then another click back and I am back to the screen that I started from. Having to do that twice creates even more confusion as If I had not started all of it to begin with. I would just love to have more control. Can you suggest anything?
Are you using the back arrow in the top left?

Another option I used was to create a "back to" menu item on the bottom of my screens. This allowed me to control the screen I went to, especially handy for two deep sub menus.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Better Windows Screen saver integration!

I just got SERENE SCENES Marine Aquarium after reading a post on this forum. It looks amazing on my 53" TV!

It would be nice that when you "powered down" sage instead of the BORING (sorry frey guys) SAGE logo, you could evoke the WIndows screen saver. Then when you powered up sage, return focuss to SAGE TV and shut it down.
  • Windows screen saver integration
  • Detailed install wizard, incorporating old properties and critical system files.
  • COMSkip integration
  • Weather Suite integration
  • Flexible menu creation/modification
I think we need these things AT LEAST in this level of the game to stay competitive and be better than the competition.

The new version is great, but needs a few tweaks IMHO.

AND whats up with the SAME UGLY background VISUALIZATION for MP3's??? Give us Windows Visualizations from media player!

Last edited by broderp; 07-31-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:50 AM
Sage Expert

The custom screen saver is a nice idea

Hey, my boys (13 months old) love the music vizualization
Old 08-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Are you using the back arrow in the top left?

Another option I used was to create a "back to" menu item on the bottom of my screens. This allowed me to control the screen I went to, especially handy for two deep sub menus.
I do use the left arrow which under normal circumstances takes me back to the previous menu. It doesn't with nielm's imports. Neilm thinks it's a characteristic of imports. Is there any way to make it go back when pressing left?
-- Snoopy
Old 08-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I do use the left arrow which under normal circumstances takes me back to the previous menu. It doesn't with nielm's imports. Neilm thinks it's a characteristic of imports. Is there any way to make it go back when pressing left?
Check your email Snoopy ...

If that doesn't work then maybe something did change between Neilm's implementation of dynamic menus in his previous Combo STV and his new Import implementation.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Check your email Snoopy ...
OUTSTANDING... What do I owe you
-- Snoopy
Old 08-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OUTSTANDING... What do I owe you

Owe me?

Pass it on ...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Snoopy ... See my email ... looks like you were referring to the "left arrow" key on your keyboard, not the "left arrow" on the upper left corner of the Sage Menu.

OK ... so ... The "Left" arrow key is not the "Back" command ... the "Alt+Left" arrow key is ... Try it and you will see the difference. "Left" will take you back to the internal screens hard coded prior menu ... the "Alt+Left" will take you back to your prior menu ...

Hope this helps ... T.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Another Media related request-

A Zoom Player like 'Resume DVD' feature. Even a default behavior like we currently have for video files would work.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor
Old 08-06-2005, 08:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to ghostlobster
Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
An example scenario...

I would connect a Firewire cable between my STB and my HTPC. Next I would start Sagetv, go into the tuner setup, and I would see a new available tuner (i.e. the firewire connection). I would then (as I would with say a pvr150 or pvr250) setup my epg service info and the channels I wanted to be used with the "new" tuner and voila! I now have HDTV on a Firewire connection!

Wouldn't this be nice? any STB owners/users out there also wanting this?

I hope this can be implemented in the (near) future. How hard could it be to do this (I really want to know)?
Don't I WISH!!!! I wold switch from MCE to SageTV IMMEDIATELY if this were the case. I've tried to firewire setup in the hardware forum and have had pretty limited success with it.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlobster
Don't I WISH!!!! I wold switch from MCE to SageTV IMMEDIATELY if this were the case. I've tried to firewire setup in the hardware forum and have had pretty limited success with it.
Ditto that and

How about - Transfer viewing to another set. - Perfect for kicking the kids off the big screen.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:20 PM
Sage User

Probably no chance of this but...

I would like to see an inclusion of an offline dvd library.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badllama77
I would like to see an inclusion of an offline dvd library.

mlbdude has been talking about this for a while using DVDprofiler and I for one think this would be AWESOME!! Hopefully this will happen soon.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Sage User

DVDprofiler type of functionality is nice, but I think Sage should also improve the file and library management itself -- it is really clumsy now to move file from one directory/disk to another and still keep the information in Sage. Am not sure if this has changed in version 3.

I use Sage primarily for PVR and video-related tasks, so functionality related to file/library management is really important. At the minimum I would like to be able to move files at will between drives, or move a file to DVD or DVD-RW for archiving or off-line storage without worry that the EPG information for the file gets deleted. I wouldn't need Sage to actually burn the DVD -- I would just like it to be able to keep the entry from EPG for the file, and to let me enter the DVD disk label/name so I know where to locate it.

Sage already keeps internally information (or some of it) about watched and recorded programs even when the MPEG file is deleted, so perhaps it would just need to be exposed to the end-user. Add a free-text note field to let the user enter some type of DVD location or label and it may just work.

R
Old 08-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to teknubic Send a message via AIM to teknubic Send a message via MSN to teknubic Send a message via Yahoo to teknubic
Internet Radio, please.
Something like iTunes radio would be stellar but url : port support would do.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm actually surprised these two features weren't part of the very first beta:

1) DVD resume (resumes where you stopped watching the movie and starts back up from there; just like TV recordings.

2) Search feature searches for upcoming shows that are in HDTV format.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Sage Expert

Better UI for Conflicts.

I brought this up in another thread, but would also like to see it as an enhancement or feature over what we have now.

Simply put, you would:
1. select the Recording device with the conflict (notice how the selected PVR card has the "tatistics" as well. The card is showing total conflicts, but one has been resolved. The conflict shown is obviously the one remaining conflict.)
2.Select Show from list. In this case I selected "CHEERS" and pressed OK or enter. The "PRIORITY LIST POPS UP"
3. Select the priority of the show selected. You shouldn't need more than 3 selections as shown.

This gives me a few options to play with, as I have 2 cards listed, I can "visit" the recording schedule of that card and see whats to be recorded. SUppose I want CHEERS, but really also want FRESH PRINCE, I could select the DO NOT RECORD selection on the second PVR CARD, and SAGE will do it's thing and place one of the three shows over to the second tuner. so now my conflict involves only 2 shows and I can tell it just not to record the show this time. There are different ways around this system.

If a card has more than one conflict, then there are buttons to navigate to the next conflict on the same card.

I find this flexibility and EASE of use missing from the current system. This is how I would do it.

Love it or hate it , it's a suggesstion.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...tid=2498&stc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAGE CONFLICT RESOLUTION.JPG (53.7 KB, 361 views)

Last edited by broderp; 08-12-2005 at 07:38 AM.