SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Sage Expert

Renaming menu items and guides by malore

I am trying to change the names and order of some of the menus using the menu.xml file with Neilms little add-on. It's a very cool app. I have changed the menus of everything except the "guides by malore" which is just listed in the menu.xml file with that one entry.

Does anyone know how to rename the items on the "guides by malore"?

Also I notice that when I rename things directly in the menu.xml with notepad, the changes are accepted when I load SageTV without issue. However, once I go to adding lines, or changing order, or whatever; any little change will cause the xml not to load and SageTV gives a message asking if I want to have it load the default instead. How do you recommend re-ordering the menu.xml file? Should I be using notepad?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

You can rename each guide when you are in each guide (options menu/right click)

Editing XML: notepad is fine, you just need to make sure that you keep the XML well-formed.
The dynamic menu should be giving you an error message showing you why it could not load the XML -- which line the error is on.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
You can rename each guide when you are in each guide (options menu/right click)

Editing XML: notepad is fine, you just need to make sure that you keep the XML well-formed.
The dynamic menu should be giving you an error message showing you why it could not load the XML -- which line the error is on.
If I right click in the Malore guides "I don't get the Menu options"

Yeah I am doing it one line at a time so I know which line the error is on, just not why?

I think everything is written correctly then it won't load
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

You are right-clicking in each individual guide? This should bring up the option screen to set up what you want each guide to show.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Sage Expert

Only in the main menus. Malore's one menu is different. Nielm's util won't change this one, nor will editing the menu.xml as the info for that screen isn't listed there.
-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah I am doing it one line at a time so I know which line the error is on, just not why?
as I said, the error message should be being displayed on the screen below the 'fallback to default menu' item
Old 07-29-2005, 10:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Only in the main menus. Malore's one menu is different. Nielm's util won't change this one, nor will editing the menu.xml as the info for that screen isn't listed there.
Right Click in the MALORE GUIDE itself, not in any of my flexi menus... The same option popup that has sort/filter/etc options has 'set menu name'
Old 07-29-2005, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Right Click in the MALORE GUIDE itself, not in any of my flexi menus... The same option popup that has sort/filter/etc options has 'set menu name'
Yeah, I have that. I was just hoping to re-order that screen a bit. I can rename using that method. It's just the re-ordering that I cannot do at this stage. Attached is a screenshot of my Malore page that has been renamed but that I would like to re-order.
-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 10:37 AM
SageTVaholic

For re-ordering...

Well in the Malore STV you cannot... With my import, instead of linking to the external screen "Custom Menus by malore", you create your own sub-menu, and link in the shortcuts I defined (botton of the first post in the Malore menus import thread)
Old 07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Sage Expert

fonts...

Quote:
For re-ordering...

Well in the Malore STV you cannot... With my import, instead of linking to the external screen "Custom Menus by malore", you create your own sub-menu, and link in the shortcuts I defined (botton of the first post in the Malore menus import thread)
Not a problem... I figured a way to make it look pretty good anyway. There is a guy on here that figured out how to change his fonts. Do you know how to do this if I don't want to revert back to cayars just yet?
-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
There is a guy on here that figured out how to change his fonts. Do you know how to do this if I don't want to revert back to cayars just yet?
There really is a lot of info in the manual, such as a whole series of font properties listed in Appendix A... (and there may be more in the properties file)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
There really is a lot of info in the manual, such as a whole series of font properties listed in Appendix A... (and there may be more in the properties file)

- Andy
OOPS pissed off the rtfm guy. Not a good idea

Did I tell you you are one cool cat

All sarcasm aside, you are very calm about it. If I had written that 200+ page manual I wouldn't be so nice about it.
-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

- Andy
printing FINALLY

-- Snoopy
Old 07-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
printing FINALLY
Actually, printing that PDF file is a downgrade in terms of manual usage. If you use Adobe Reader, you can use search and you can click on all the cross-reference links to jump all over the manual, instead of trying to flip pages. After following links, you can use Reader's Back & Forward buttons to return to where you were or go forward again. It makes it easy to practically "use SageTV" while checking out the details.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Sage Expert

Menu Items....

Quote:
per earlier discussion
I am still looking for three menu items I can't find in the list attached. This may be due to font size as the names don't all show up completely, but I don't know how to fix that.

I am basically missing 3 menu items 'Play DVD', 'Exit Full Screen Mode', 'System Information'. Can you point me in the right direction for those?

Attached is some screenshots of what I have so far and the last where I am having TROUBLE adding those 3 menu items.
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 07-29-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure about sysinfo without looking but the first two are commands if I am not mistaken (not internal screens).

peace . . .

Quote:
I am still looking for three menu items I can't find in the list attached. This may be due to font size as the names don't all show up completely, but I don't know how to fix that.

I am basically missing 3 menu items 'Play DVD', 'Exit Full Screen Mode', 'System Information'. Can you point me in the right direction for those?

Attached is some screenshots of what I have so far and the last where I am having TROUBLE adding those 3 menu items.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
Not sure about sysinfo without looking but the first two are commands if I am not mistaken (not internal screens).

peace . . .
hmmm
-- Snoopy
Old 07-30-2005, 01:48 AM
SageTVaholic

'Play DVD': use the 'DVD' SageCommand (#73)
Code:
<actionMenuItem
	  title="Play DVD"
	  icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_dvd.png">
	  <actionList>
	    <sageCommand command="DVD"/>
	  </actionList>
	</actionMenuItem>
'Exit Full Screen Mode': Does not exist.. but there is a 'Full Screen' Sage Command which switched Full Screen on/off
Code:
<actionMenuItem
	  title="Toggle Full Screen Mode"
	  <actionList>
	    <sageCommand command="Full Screen"/>
	  </actionList>
	</actionMenuItem>
'System Information': funnily enough, it is called 'System Information'
Code:
    <internalScreenMenuItem
      title="System Information"
      screen="System Information"/>
Old 07-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
'Play DVD': use the 'DVD' SageCommand (#73)
Code:
<actionMenuItem
	  title="Play DVD"
	  icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_dvd.png">
	  <actionList>
	    <sageCommand command="DVD"/>
	  </actionList>
	</actionMenuItem>
'Exit Full Screen Mode': Does not exist.. but there is a 'Full Screen' Sage Command which switched Full Screen on/off
Code:
<actionMenuItem
	  title="Toggle Full Screen Mode"
	  <actionList>
	    <sageCommand command="Full Screen"/>
	  </actionList>
	</actionMenuItem>
'System Information': funnily enough, it is called 'System Information'
Code:
    <internalScreenMenuItem
      title="System Information"
      screen="System Information"/>
OUTSTANDING! Thanks Neilm.
-- Snoopy