SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Sage User

Comskip 3.011, gaps shown, not skipping

I am running 3.011 with malores stv built on the 3.011 stv. The comskip separation bars show up on the shows I'm watching but sage doesn't skip when it gets to these points. Does anyone have any advice on how to enable the skipping feature? I went into comskip options and enable comskip for background, live, and recordings.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Press "Options" while playing back a recording. That is where the option is for enabling autoskip.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Sage User

Like I said, I enabled it already. The gaps show up in the recordings but autoskip does not work.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Disable it and enable it again.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've added instructions for setting up comskip to the first post of the thread for my STV file.

Commercial Skipping in the Media player can be done in two ways.
  1. While watching a show, open the options menu (yellow button, esc, right click) and change Com. Auto Skip to Enabled.
  2. In Setup -> Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command, link the Custom 4 and Custom 5 commands to something. I suggest using "[" and "]" but anything will work and of course you can also use girder or something else to send these commands. Custom 5 skips ahead to the beginning of the next non-commercial segment. Custom 4 skips back to the previous segment, commercial or non-commercial.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by e4gulf
Like I said, I enabled it already. The gaps show up in the recordings but autoskip does not work.
Nope, you said...

Quote:
I went into comskip options and enable comskip for background, live, and recordings.
What I said...

Quote:
Press "Options" while playing back a recording. That is where the option is for enabling autoskip.
Is what he said, worded a little differently...

Quote:
While watching a show, open the options menu (yellow button, esc, right click) and change Com. Auto Skip to Enabled.
You were talking about going into the "Detailed Setup" and changing the comskip settings there. What we are talking about, is done while WATCHING a show, and going into the options menu, and setting the Comm Auto Skip to Enable.

Hope that clarifies.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Sage User

How do you access the options menu while watching a recording?
Old 10-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

If you have a button mapped to the "options" command then that would do it otherwise you bring it up by right clicking with a mouse.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Sage User

I'm having the same problem. I have tried all of the suggestions given but it still won't work. I have custom 4 & 5 mapped to the remote. Custom 4 will go back like it is supposed to, but custom 5 won't do anything.

It worked fine with 3.0.7 but broke when I went to 3.0.11. I have not tried going back to .07 to see if that fixes it.

Does anyone have any new suggestions?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

If my v3 .stv file isn't working for you, you could try making a copy of the sagetv3.stv and using the comskip_import.stvi or vice versa.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
I don't if its me but, I'm using the same software setup and if I use the "|<" or " >|" (skip function) rather than the fast forward or rewind buttons. it doesn't skip any commericals unless I stop the video and restart it and use only the fast forward or rewind only. and then the comskip will work.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Sage User

I don't want to lose your great menu's. I will try going back to .07 and see if it goes back to working. If not I will try your suggestion.

Thanks for your work.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
I hate to bring up a thread a week old, but I'm having this problems with RC2 as well. Exactly the same symptoms as the first post, but the Custom 4 & 5 functions work. I've tried to disable the autoskip, then enable it again to no avail.

EDIT: OK I'm an idiot. I just downloaded the latest comskip stvi file from here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12194 and it works now.

Thanks!

Last edited by kltye; 10-22-2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Sage User

I got it to work as well by importing the comskip module into the original sage stv and using dirmon. I have not tried to import it into malore's stv to see if it will start working again.