SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage User

Angry Problem with skip fwd (jumps to beginning again)

With AverMedia A180's recording DTV, I have a problem with 50% of my shows. About 2 minutes, 30 seconds into a show, I can't skip forward anymore.

If I let it play, set to 10 minutes into the show, and I hit "skip forward", then it goes back to ZERO! And I have to watch the show all over again :-(.

This happens to me ALL the Freaking TIME!

Anyone have the same problem? I am using PowerDVD Cyberlink Decoder. Could it be the decoder? I can try Nvidia's.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Sage User

I tried Nvidia's decoder. No difference. Although the color looks alot more washed out vs Cyberlink's decoder.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Sage Expert

Yes, I'm having that issue on some files. No where near 50%, and not consistent as to when it starts, but it is typically within the first 15 minutes. Then, I have had a few files where FF doesn't work at all--it freezes the video but not the audio, and I have to exit SageTV to fix the issue.

I'd suggest submitting a bug report so that they know it's more widespread.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

I seen this two or three times. I mitted a bug report.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Sage

This is fixed for the next build which should be available in a couple days.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Thanks!!

Wow, thanks! And thanks for the update... I'll be checking daily for the new beta-release then.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
This is fixed for the next build which should be available in a couple days.

Cool
Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Sage Expert

Great news! This, without a doubt is the biggest issue I have with Sage right now.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

This happened to me too.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Expert

It's out now. I didn't see the fix in the list of changes. Maybe I missed it, or maybe I don't understand the language used, but I can hardly wait to give it a shot.

I wonder if it fixes previously recorded files, or just new ones?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Sage User

Fixed it partially for me.

Most shows seem to play correctly now, but I have an episode of Joey where before it jumped to 0:00 when skipping past 1 min 30 seconds, now after getting to 2 mins 30 seconds, i jumps back to 1 min 30 seconds... So it shifted the problem.

I'll save the file, and can even work out a way of getting it to you guys for beta-testing purposes if you like.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsidlosky
Fixed it partially for me..
I think it's a file issue, so the question will be whether any new bad files are created. But the one file I had where there was the problem, I did notice a slight difference also, but it wasn't in the time the issue started occuring, but how far back it jumped. (7:xx rather than to the beginning).

So hopefully the fix involves more than how files play back.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage User

Agreed, I haven't tested it with "newly created files". Only my old ones. Here is hoping that its a recording issue and not a playback issue.

Otherwise, honestly they shouldn't call this a "Release Candidate" (they are right?). If I cant ffw/rwd through HD content with both AverMedia A180 and ATI All in Wonder (w/ latest drivers) then its not ready for the public.

The reason why my hopes are down, are because PowerDVD plays these "damaged" .TS files just fine. I can rewind and fast forward through them.

Anyone who gets more experience on this, please speak up.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsidlosky
Otherwise, honestly they shouldn't call this a "Release Candidate" (they are right?). If I cant ffw/rwd through HD content with both AverMedia A180 and ATI All in Wonder (w/ latest drivers) then its not ready for the public. .
Hey, the Fusion software has had a very similar issue with FF/Rew through about 4 full releases and countless betas. That problem and several other issues have been fixed with every new release!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Sage User

It's not fixed. Recorded a show today, playing it results in the same... Plays til 2 min 30 sec, ffwd anymore and it jumps back to 0:00...
Old 10-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Sage Expert

Well, as I mentioned in the 3.0.13 thread, I had to go back to 3.0.11. So this is actually good news for me, in a way. Of course once I find out how to get 3.0.13 working, I'm going to be very disappointed!

BTW, you issue seems to be a bit more consistent than mine. I never know where the time issue will pop up. Usually somewhere in the first 15 minutes, but yours always seems to be the same time.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Sage User

I was instructed by Sage Technical Support to try to set the following property on the SageTV server (Sagetv.properties)

seeker/fast_mux_switch=false

The "seeker" is what "seeks out" and records the shows. By default this option is set to "true"... Set it to "false".

I'll know by tomorrow whether or not this fixed the problem. Please others try it as well.

- Jeff
Old 10-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Sage User

After setting the property to false, the server becomes completely unstable. Unable to record a show without the server crashing. Changing back to true resolves the problem. Was unable to test if it fixed the ffwd problem because it was too unstable.