SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2005, 06:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Anyone know how to get Dynamic Menus to work with 3.0.13?

I'm a little bit confused and need help to install Dynamic Menus with 3.0.13. I am really motivated to get this to work now that there's a very cool weather feature currently located deep in the menus...

When I tried to copy the latest Dynamic Menus on top of SageTV 3.0.13, I was prompted that there are several files already in the SageTV directory/sub-dir's that exist that are "newer" than the Dynamic Menu files.

What's the correct procedure to do this? Am I supposed to wait for an updated Dynamic menus?

Thanks in advance!
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I'm a little bit confused and need help to install Dynamic Menus with 3.0.13. I am really motivated to get this to work now that there's a very cool weather feature currently located deep in the menus...Michael
Where is the weather feature? I saw references to it in the release notes, but didn't see a thing when I was playing with it.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Media Center/Online Services/Weather. You just need to set the City, State in it's config.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-18-2005, 05:58 AM
Sage Expert

I'm glad to see a native weather feature. Thanks guys
Old 10-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I'm a little bit confused and need help to install Dynamic Menus with 3.0.13. I am really motivated to get this to work now that there's a very cool weather feature currently located deep in the menus...

When I tried to copy the latest Dynamic Menus on top of SageTV 3.0.13, I was prompted that there are several files already in the SageTV directory/sub-dir's that exist that are "newer" than the Dynamic Menu files.

What's the correct procedure to do this? Am I supposed to wait for an updated Dynamic menus?

Thanks in advance!
Michael
Hi

I can't get the dynamic menu to work in 3.0.13 either. It says there is an invalid screen. This must be related to the changes made to the menu screens and neilm needs to re-visit the code I think.

Cheers
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

code is fine, the menu xml just needs some minor re-working for some of the updated internal screen names.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:33 PM
SageTVaholic

I just got it working. As Andy pointed out in another thread, I was using the old version of dynamic menus. The install was a breeze, and so was accessing the new menu options such as weather.

Thanks Nielm!

***RIP SageTV***