SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I noticed it last night. Good news is many people depend on it here, so hopefully it wont be broken for long

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
Darn IMDB.. stop changing your format!! :-)

Looks like IMDB change broke the ability for the STV to display actor photo.. sigh :-)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-25-2006, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Release 4.2 for SageTV 5.0/6.0

Release 4.2 for SageTV 5.0/6.0
* JAR: fixed person image download.

NB: JAR update only -- just replace the nielm_sageimdb.jar file, no need to reimport
Old 11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Thank you Nielm! Worked that fixed it!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
SageTVaholic

When checking out TV series I can no longer get the individual episodes only the series overview. I assume IMDB has changed their site yet again.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:26 AM
SageTVaholic

yes (dammit). And Locations are not working either... (I think the changes are due to IMDB starting to include TV listings)

Can't give you a fix for anything until at least next week..
Old 12-08-2006, 04:30 AM
SageTVaholic

v4.3 released

V4.3 8/Dec/2006 (download)
  • Fixed Episode List
  • Fixed Filming locations

NB: JAR update only -- just replace the nielm_sageimdb.jar file, no need to reimport
Old 12-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Has anyone thought of using another film database besides IMDB? The reason is all my daughter's DVD's (Dora movies, Caillou, etc..) don't show up in IMDB at all. The my movies 2 plugin for MCE allows you to use Amazon.com's data to provide movie metadata as well as DVD box covers etc...

I know I can probably set all this by typing in the data manually, but since amazon has all the data, I thought I would throw out the suggestion.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-08-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

Hi nielm, now that you've got the Episode List fixed up , in your 'free time' would you be able to do something to show the Plot Summary when you display a specific episode. Looks like IMDB are populating their database with more TV info, which would be nice to have access to.

John
Old 12-11-2006, 02:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
Hi nielm, now that you've got the Episode List fixed up , in your 'free time' would you be able to do something to show the Plot Summary when you display a specific episode. Looks like IMDB are populating their database with more TV info, which would be nice to have access to.
it does when the IMDB has the episode plot info online, or at least it should do! (point me to an episode which it fails with and I will try to see why!)
Old 12-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
it does when the IMDB has the episode plot info online, or at least it should do! (point me to an episode which it fails with and I will try to see why!)
nielm, try this one
John
Old 12-31-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage User

IMDB website popup from MVP extender

I've noticed that the "IMDB Web Site" button brings the browser on my local PC to the related IMDB web page.

However, when I try to select this option from my Hauppauge MVP media extender it does not work. However, my PC does issue a "bong" sound every time I select this option from the extender. So I believe that the extender is attempting to open the window on my PC (location of SageMC).

My questions are:

Does anyone know if this will work?

If so, can someone suggest where I might look at resolving the issue?

Are there any permissions I should set in Firefox or ZoneAlarm to allow this?

Thanks.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Nielm,

Would it be possible for you to add "movie runtime" to the returned list of attributes when searching for a movie?

Thanks,
HC
Old 01-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Imported media paths!?

Ok, so I haven't actually used this on imported media in a while, so I was a bit surprised to find that it wasn't working!

I never really had a reason to before, but now that the MVP can play DVDs, I like to rip my DVDs to an imported folder and watch them on the MVP when I'm ready. Anyway, when I wanted to check out some IMDb info, I noticed that the entire Sage path ("Recorded Shows/Movies/Snakes On A Plane") was used as the search string instead of just the last part. I tried it with some imported MPGs as well and had the same result ("Movies/Adult/Office Space" actually pulled up info for a documentary entitled, "How They Make Adult Movies" which, while humorous and entertaining, wasn't what I wanted").

Is there something I can change to edit this behavior? or is this a bug?

anyone else notice this?

oh, it works great for stuff SageTV recorded!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
You are probably better off posting this in the SageMC thread, as I have seen this talked about fairly recently there. I don't believe it has anything to do with IMDB data or the plugin, but more a new Sagetv core change and the way Sagemc handles it. I had the exact same behavior for a while, and now forget what I did to fix it (as I came across this before I ever saw it mentioned on the Sage forums). I am pretty sure there are some workarounds available...

Ummm, I guess I am assuming a bit much, I assume you are using Sagemc...
I'm not using SageMC, which is why I'm posting here.
I tried Windows, Linux, Combined folders, Separate folders, folder view, File view and everything has the same behavior.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
I'm not using SageMC, which is why I'm posting here.
I tried Windows, Linux, Combined folders, Separate folders, folder view, File view and everything has the same behavior.
I suspect that the recent changes in SageTV 6.0 screwed up something here too

Dirk
Old 01-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'll post this in the sagemc also, but do you know if there is something I can change to alter this behavior?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I need to fix it...
Old 02-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

I had to re-install SageTV and so I installed this new version 4.3 and everything seems to be stuck together under "General".

The "cast", "backstage" and other fields are all empty :-(

Not sure what IMDB I had before, but it was working ok until 4.3.

What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:37 AM
SageTVaholic

nothing.. IMDB has changed their site layout -- I need to re-write the website parsing code (grrrr)...
Old 02-20-2007, 06:40 AM
SageTVaholic

new version 4.4

well, the IMDB is undergoing some serious and continuous redesign... Luckily they provide a separate website with the old design still available, so it was a quick fix...

No guarantees how long this 'old' site will stay up, but I am not willing to re-write the parsing code while IMDB is *in the middle* of a redesign!

Feb 20 2007 v4.4 for SageTV 5.0/6.0/6.1
* ( download)
* JAR update only -- just shutdown, unpack, and restart
* fixed website parsing by using old IMDB site at http://former.imdb.com