SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike
Fusion still isn't officially supported, is it? If so, maybe this issue will change when it is supported.
You're mean the fusion decoders? They can easily be added just by editting the sage.properties. What I ment about them being only working with the fusion software is that Dvico might have specifically wrote the decoders so that they can only be used with the fusion software. Sage officially suporting the fusion won't change that.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3577
Do you still use your PC speakers also? My computer is not dedicated just to my Sage and TV and I believe my soundcard has one audio out which would be going to my PC speakers. I will have to check my PC out when I get a chance as I have to disconnect almost everything to get to the back of it.
Some sound cards such as from Creative, maybe even ones built into motherboards, has Speaker Out and Line-Out. Use the line out to go to the stereo system if you want independent volume control from the stereo, PC volume usually does not control Line-Out port. Or get a head phone jack splitter and use the Speaker out for both PC speakers and your stereo system.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

This is a very solid release, the majority of my HD issues have simply vanished. Thanks very much.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

With the exception of the some EPG problems, I agree with evilpenguin regarding the stability of this release related to HD.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

evilpenguin/RandyJohnson,

I agree that many of the HD problems are gone but I still have an outstanding issue with no audio on certain HD channels. The files play fine in Zoomplayer, and I have tried all the decoders that I have within Sage. Did either of you experience a similar problem before that this version has fixed? I know that several others had this problem but have yet to post in about this release
Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

I had some audio problems using the ac3filter included with Sage in 3.0.11. To fix them I unregistered the ac3filter.ax that came with Sage and downloaded a different version from the web and installed it.

How to unregister filters

The ac3Filter I am using

It worked for me, so it's worth a shot. If this actually makes things worse, you can just uninstall the new AC3filter and re-register the ac3filter that came with Sage.

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I still can't change to 4 digit channels from 3 digit channels. Not sure where the problem is other than I had this problem since 2.0 release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
The SageTV V3.0.14 Release Candidate 3 is now available.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 10-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Installed Saturday... ended up with alot of skipping and jerkiness with default video settings... had to go back to 3.0.7 to have it work correctly again...
Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?... I hope the actual release does not cause these same issues...
Old 10-27-2005, 06:57 AM
Sage Expert

The idea of a Beta is that you keep it installed at least until you submit all the bugs you find. If you want to be sure that bug is not in the final release...submit the bug yourself.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Installed Saturday... ended up with alot of skipping and jerkiness with default video settings... had to go back to 3.0.7 to have it work correctly again...
Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?... I hope the actual release does not cause these same issues...
Did you try any alternative settings? Mine won't play at all with the default settings (with any version), but this version has more stutter free option combinations than any other version to date.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Started with 3d Acceleration, ffdshow video renderer and other stuff... but it back to basic to see if it worked with that.... I have it working with 3.07 so I will probably just wait until the release comes out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
The idea of a Beta is that you keep it installed at least until you submit all the bugs you find. If you want to be sure that bug is not in the final release...submit the bug yourself.
I initially posted just to let it be known that I also ran into the stuttering issue..
Old 10-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

ldavis -

Just so you dont feel left alone here - I am having the same EXACT issue. I am using the PureVideo Decoders... NO AUDIO playback in Sage for HD content (AC3 source that is). I know its not my machine or decoders. It plays back fine in GraphEdit, WMP, and MediaPortal (which I am seriously looking at now and porting my HD experience there - its open source and the same programming platform that I used to build HDNE with - C#/C++ )...

Last edited by Stealth1971; 10-28-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:18 AM
SageTVaholic

That's a problem with the Nvidia decoders, not SageTV. The dolby digital licensing is screwed up (the way you register the Purevideo Decoders). I know that the "Platinum" license decodes Dolby Digital/DTS. The "Bronze" licensing doesn't decode AC-3/DTS (as you described).

Reinstalling/upgrading the codec will not this this problem. There's a registry change you need to make in order to reset the licensing for the Purevideo decoders.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EAFD99D7-54B6-4e87-8C7C-6A3C85F8997C}\Instance]

change the 2 into
"2"=dword:00009999

Good Luck

Edit: I just noticed that mentioned it works in GraphEdit. Something doesn't sound right. I still think it has to do with your licensing because...

I know for a fact that all releases of Purevideo decoders play AC-3/DTS in SageTV 3.0.00 (even version 183).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth1971
ldavis -

Just so you dont feel left alone here - I am having the same EXACT issue. I am using the PureVideo Decoders... NO AUDIO playback in Sage for HD content (AC3 source that is). I know its not my machine or decoders. It plays back fine in GraphEdit, WMP, and MediaPortal (which I am seriously looking at now and porting my HD experience there - its open source and the same programming platform that I used to build HDNE with - C#/C++ )...

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-28-2005 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Sage

If anyone who's having problems with audio not playing back in SageTV can provide a download of a file with the problem, I'd like to have a look at it. You can PM me with the info.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:39 AM
Sage Icon

I'm jumping in here, so maybe this doesn't apply: Have you gone into AC3filter's properties and set "Prefer Other Decoder" to see if NVIDIA will output audio? (I had to do this to get my S/PDIF passthrough to work).

P
Old 10-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

mkanet -

Thanx for suggestions! Here is the deal though - these files even play through MediaPortal using the PureVideo Decoders - which is open source and definitely not licensed. I have the same issues when I use other decoders in Sage from InterVideo, Sage, etc... Halloween ghosts in the machine?

Jeff -
I will see if I can upload a sample somewhere for you to download & check out when I get home from my client site...

Last edited by Stealth1971; 10-28-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:19 PM

Quick test if it is the decoders, try 5.1 DVD playback with the same Audio Decoder set as for TV. If you do get audio then it should not be the audi odecdoers.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Stealth1971, do you have a "clean" install of the latest SageTV? I've had strange issues linger in SageTV until I did a completely clean install of SageTV beta.

If you're REALLY motivated to solve this problem... Delete the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies after uninstallng SageTV AND delete the sageTV main dir and all its contents under Program Files, THEN reboot. It has to be a broken component in Sage if all audio filters share this problem in Sage.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 10-28-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I remember when I installed the first v3 betas, whenever I attached a flash drive, a nice popup show asking what I would like to do. That popup hasn't shown up in the last few betas. Was that feature removed?
Old 10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Still works for me.

Funny this is, I never actually tried to see if it will automatically play my audio CD's. Can sagetv even do this? The reason I ask is because I noticed the internal command for DVD is actually labeled as "DVD/CD".

***RIP SageTV***