SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

First, thanks to everyone for the help. I've been able to get my Sage UI to about 95% of what I had with Cayars. There are two things that I'm still working on. Any advice would be appreciated.

1.) In the "Sage Recordings" menu, the recorded shows are not being listed by date when "sort=date" and "group=title" in either malore or mlbdude. I can't figure out how it is sorting. I'll have one show from tonight listed first, then a show from yesterday, then a show from this morning, and the show just recorded is listed last. The only config that actually works with this sort-group combo is default.

2.) Automatic clean-up. Cayars had a page in set-up that had a couple of options to delete orphaned comskip files, delete partial recordings, and one other (can't recall right now). Any ideas on getting this functionality back? I hate having to manually scroll thru my Videos folder to delete detritus.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
tis odd, I have the malore recordings screen (lists the show on the left and the episode on the right) and before the episodes it has a 4 digit episode number. Certain recordings don't show episode numbers, but the majority do.
I thinking I'm losing it. Now it's listing the episode number. I swear that it wasn't doing that before.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
2.) Automatic clean-up. Cayars had a page in set-up that had a couple of options to delete orphaned comskip files, delete partial recordings, and one other (can't recall right now). Any ideas on getting this functionality back? I hate having to manually scroll thru my Videos folder to delete detritus.
Nielm has a module for deleting partials. I havn't tried it yet, but it can be found here.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Sage Icon

Dirmon automatically cleans up orphan files.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:42 PM

Mount DVD image files

How about a module that mounts DVD image files? I think he used Daemon Tools to do it.
Old 02-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

This post has been so useful. The WAF slipped alot as things changed in v4.

Is it possible to use niether the MLBDUDE or NIELM recordings view, and still see the episode number?

I really liked the Cayar's default for Recordings...any way to get something more like that back?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
11.) Custom channel guides
12.) Mini-Guide

9-14 are currently not available.
11.) I just released a plugin for #11 with enhancements Favorite Channel Lists.
12.) jbuszkie released the Mini-Guide as a plug in.

BobP.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
11.) I just released a plugin for #11 with enhancements Favorite Channel Lists.
12.) jbuszkie released the Mini-Guide as a plug in.

BobP.
Thanks Bob, added to the first post.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:38 AM
Sage Icon

How about ...

Upcoming Movies by CSM modified by Cayars ??
Old 02-05-2006, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
How about ...

Upcoming Movies by CSM modified by Cayars ??
This is already available once you enable the hidden extras and then enable malore's custom menus in the Unsupported Extras section in Detailed Setup - Customize. Then you'll see those menus including upcoming movies under Schedule Recordings - Custom Schedule Views (Or may read Extra: Custom Menus).
Old 02-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
This is already available once you enable the hidden extras and then enable malore's custom menus in the Unsupported Extras section in Detailed Setup - Customize. Then you'll see those menus including upcoming movies under Schedule Recordings - Custom Schedule Views (Or may read Extra: Custom Menus).
Thanks ... Yes, I know about Malores version Upcoming Movies ... there were two versions out there ... Malore's and Mlbdude's. Cayars included Mlbdude's Upcoming Movies from his 2.x STV (which was also in Nielm's 2.x Combo STV) and then called it "Upcoming Movies by CSM modified by Cayars". Since this thread was about stuff from Cayars STV I thought I'd ask if we could get that as well.

Last edited by mightyt; 02-05-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Sage User

Im also looking for the same upcoming movies screen from Cayars. Haven't found a good substitute.

V4 is more stable for me though.... although the wife about shot me the other day and was begging me to go back to version 2. Her complaint was mostly around the added complexity to set watched and delete.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsmith
V4 is more stable for me though.... although the wife about shot me the other day and was begging me to go back to version 2. Her complaint was mostly around the added complexity to set watched and delete.
I just posted a mini import that will allow you to jump to detailed info and Delete has the option of Delete/watched/like and Delete/notwatched/Like like it was in cayars.. if you are interested take a look here

FYI,

Jim
Old 02-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhageman
1.) In the "Sage Recordings" menu, the recorded shows are not being listed by date when "sort=date" and "group=title" in either malore or mlbdude. I can't figure out how it is sorting. I'll have one show from tonight listed first, then a show from yesterday, then a show from this morning, and the show just recorded is listed last. The only config that actually works with this sort-group combo is default.
Does anyone have a solution to this? I must have sort by date, but miss the split screen cayars gave me. Mlbdudes stv did this right in later versions, but seems they always use his earlier version that didn't sort right when implementing his Sage Recordings menu. I've stuck with Cayars for the time being, flaws and all (most annoying is the OSD doesn't look right when a show is playing, centered wrong and too small in parts). But would like to switch to a 4.x skin to get better support for plugins.

Thanks,
Marc Peters
Old 02-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freegoo
Does anyone have a solution to this? I must have sort by date, but miss the split screen cayars gave me. Mlbdudes stv did this right in later versions, but seems they always use his earlier version that didn't sort right when implementing his Sage Recordings menu. I've stuck with Cayars for the time being, flaws and all (most annoying is the OSD doesn't look right when a show is playing, centered wrong and too small in parts). But would like to switch to a 4.x skin to get better support for plugins.

Thanks,
Marc Peters

Yep ... to me they made a big mistake in imppementing it this way ... I pointed it out, but was told thet Sage Recordings was set up by design that way ... All I want is the way MlbDude had it ... 2 pane ... ability to st up by catagory ... and it is presented with the newest catagory on top and newest shows on top in each catagory ... Sage 4 puts the shows in order by date but keeps the catagories in alphabetical order??? So a new show could be way down in your list ...

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ngs#post131261

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ngs#post128541

Anyway, I was trying to use Studio and import the 2.2 version, but it was going to take a little more time and I got diverted in my Sage Server rebuild ...

I was hoping (even begging) some develper type to take 20 minutes and plug it in, plug it in ...

If not, maybe I'll find some time soon to try again ...
Old 08-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Sage Icon

Thought I'd shared some imports I knocked up.

Cayars style Upcoming Movies and .my file reading

If you are using the default stv, Upcoming Movies will appear in the Schedule Recordings panel. If you are using Nielm's dynamic menus, add the internal panel "Upcoming Movies Shortcut" You can switch the style between Mlbdude and Malore in Detailed Setup / Customize

Also included is a modified Nielms dynamic menu stvi that uses the default V5 stv style.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Upcoming_Movies.zip (16.7 KB, 169 views)
File Type: zip dynamic_menu_import.v5.zip (18.7 KB, 150 views)
File Type: zip Read_MY_Files.zip (15.0 KB, 158 views)