SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Recording Problem

I've noticed that some of my recordings have errors. Although the file contains all of the data, I am able to only watch the first couple minutes or so. However, if I watch all the way to the end and then rewind, every other skip backward shows a different "stream" of recording. If I find the correct stream I can watch the show all the way to the end, but i cannot skip forward. That causes the stream to end.

What is also interesting is that during playback the timer goes up 5 seconds at a time instead of 1. Yet, the video playback doesn't seem like it is skipping.

I tried opening the file with windows meda player and it says that the video is only 2 minutes 32 seconds long.

In addition to check if the problem was with the tuner card I went through all the recordings by each tuner card and didn't find any consistency in the errors.

Anybody else have a similar problem?

Ps. I was using the latest beta version of sage and just upgraded to version 4, I hope that solves the problem. Tell me what you think...
Old 11-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, after switching to ver. 4 I'm still having the same problem. I'm using the original stv with no customizations imported. The only add in I'm using is the webserver.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage

We'll need more info on your recording setup.

Go into Setup->System Information. Then hit 'Info' (Ctrl+I). That'll create a file called SystemInfo.txt in your SageTV folder. Post that file here.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Here is the file. I appreciate the help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt SystemInfo.txt (4.6 KB, 244 views)
Old 11-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Should I submit this problem on the bug submission form? It doesn't seem to be a very prevelent problem
Old 11-08-2005, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Since there haven't been any ideas so far, I would contact tech support.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have contacted tech support, will update you on what they say.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

they contacted me back and said that they currently don't have a solution, but are working on one. Am I the only one with this problem? Or do other people have it as well?

Do you think this is the same problem? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14051
Old 11-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, its been more than a week now and i still have the problem. I've been tweaking things even swapping out cards and nothing has resolved this problem. Is nobody else having the same problem?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Sage Icon

You are not alone.

I have the same problem too, since changing from a PVR 250 to a PVR 500

What I have discovered is that it appears to be a driver problem.

Other people with earlier driver version were complaining of corruptions on recordings over 25 mins. Running driver version 23258 I was only having corruption on recordings over 50 mins.

Today I have upgraded to version 23297, and will see how that goes

John
Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Sage User

I have had the same problem with my Fusion 3 hd card. I've been using my PVR250s for a year with a previous version with no problems at all. I recently upgraded to v 4 and added in the Fusion 3 and a couple of my recordings have been screwy. The time increments by 2 or 3 seconds at a time, even though playback is at 1x. The problem is that when the time index hits 30/60 minutes the playback stops even though Sage hasnt hit EOF. Once I play the file in media player it plays normally, to the end. So it seems like it must be a Sage playback problem and not a Sage TS recording problem?

Dave
Old 11-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's nice to know that I am not alone. Tell me how the driver update goes.

Quote:
"Once I play the file in media player it plays normally, to the end. So it seems like it must be a Sage playback problem and not a Sage TS recording problem?"

My recordings don't seem to work in media player either, so on my end it seems to be a recording problem.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have this problem less frequently and have learned to live with it, but am still having this problem and I've updated to the newest version of Sage. Any solutions yet?
Old 08-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Perhaps that's this issue with Hauppauge tuners from the FAQ:
During playback, the timeline advances several seconds for each second of actual playback. How can I fix this?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.