SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Angry Sage 4.0 not converting mpg wrapped to avi files

Hi,

Ran into a weird problem for the last few days- the mpg wrapper written around avi files recorded in plextor is not being removed by sage.

This was working perfectly well until last week- and suddenly it stopped converting shows to avi after recording was over.

I have tried everything menitoned in earlier posts-
- Rebooted- nothing was fixed.
- Repaired sage installation
- Reinstalled sage over the old installation
Still the same problem continues.
- out of the 30 odd shows that are recorded in this form only one or two have a .tmp file associated- there are no tmp files corresponding to the wraped .mpg files.

Is there any way to fix this problem. Is there anyway to recover the .mpg files that are not being converted to avi. At this point I wouldn't mind doing that extra step manually- but it is frustrating to find that the shows you recorded are not playable in anything but sage- so can't use DVP642 to play them.

I have never had a problem free Plextor/ Sage combination working in the last year or so since I have bought the plextor. This is getting really frustrating.......and seems like no one is addressing these issues either- neither plextor nor sage......

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Sage User

I have no Idea why this occurs, but I've been able to fix it in the past usually by disabling the SageTV Service, or/and exiting SageTV, then going to the .tmp files and deletiing them. Then restart the Service/SageTV and it will try to process the files again. If it hangs again, in the same file, considering writing off that file and deleting it as well as it's .tmp file and restarting SageTV. This usually fixes the problem and the program re-wraps the files to AVI.

I was wondering if your files get out of sync after about 45 minuets or so whenever you record something in Divx or Mpeg4 with your Plextor? If your recordings are in sync, what settings are you using that keeps them in sync? I read that it was a problem with the timeshifting/mpg wrapper, but I have no Idea how to resolve that.

______
plextor PX-TV402U : Athlon 2100+ : 256
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Mike- will try that out tomorrow.

As for sync problems- for me it has been mostly dependent on the amount of activity on the server- I have 5 tuners on it- and its only a XP2100- with TV out as well

I have found that multiple recordings usually screw up the sync a lot more than otherwise. In the rest, I have had mixed luck- about 70% plus of my recordings are lag free- and the lag is not consistent....it just appears out of syn and then automatically goes back into sync.

The settings I use are DivX highest quality HT mode. The way Plextor hardware encoders work may have a lot to do with this.

And as for my problem- I am using sage as server- and actually I think I do remember enabling this only a few days back- maybe about the same time as the problem started- I will try to disable it and see if it works.

Once again- thanks for your time and suggestions.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:26 AM
SageTVaholic

I believe if you check through the beta forums on Sage 2.1 you will find similar instances and the solution as I remember it was to turn off the time shifting on the Plextor encoders - but look in the beta forums on 2.1 and plextor first I might be remembering wrong.

BobP.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Bob,
Will give that a try today evening. I already made the changes that Mike suggested - but dont think its working.

I will turn off time shifting and see how it goes.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Sage User

I am also running into this problem with my Plextor. Did you ever find a resolution, or has anyone else. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

No- still not fixed. I am considering a sage reinstall over the weekend- maybe that fixes the issue!!
Will keep you posted.