SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Video imports don't support DVD menus, commentary, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneThomas View Post
Purple - If it is such an important feature, for a DVD seemingly touched frequently, why not copy the DVD to a import directory (takes like 10 minutes or less), since it works flawlessly for imported DVD's? Problem solved. When you get sick of watching it, delete it.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Video imports don't support DVD menus, commentary, etc.
I have many full DVD rips where the DVD menus work and I can choose commentary. If you just rip a movie then no-you won't have those. I just double-checked on Blade Runner-The Final Cut. When the DVD starts I can use the Sage Options and choose DVD Audio Language and I have English AC3 5.1, French AC3 5.1, English AC3 with Comments, English AC3 with Comments 2. Also can choose subtitles and what language for the subtitles.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

mkanet - Don't "rip" or otherwies convert the DVD's. Just make a folder in a video import directory, then copy the video_ts and audio_ts folders from the dvd into it. Works exactly like you had the DVD in a normal hardware DVD player - and it remembers where you left off viewing, being able to pick up from any extender. If you want to keep it for a while, put a .JPG of the DVD cover in the video_ts folder named "folder.jpg" (literally), and it will show that pic instead of a default silver DVD pic.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

And what about those of us who don't want to wait 10 minutes before watching a DVD? If that is the solution I will stick to closing down Sage and watching DVDs with another application. And I will be grumpy while doing it.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well... I'm not trying to offend / P.O. anyone... For my setup this issue isn't a big deal - so I guess I am cluless on the importance of it. I only use extenders to interface with Sage on a daily-usage basis, so if I want to watch a single DVD - I just pop it in the Blu-Ray Player. If I want to watch it repeatedly, or have it readily available (and to all extenders) - I transfer it to disk for Sage. I've never had a DVD player that remembered where I left off on every DVD I placed into it - so it never occurred to me to expect Sage to do that. (The DVD Players I've had would only remember the current DVD, as long as that DVD was left in the player. But, maybe I've lways used low-end DVD players...)
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have never owned a stand alone DVD player - I have always used a PC. Having DVDs forget where they are just feels a bit pathetic.