SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-15-2006, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

** Two major HDTV bugs Identifed!! ** May cause performance/stuttering/audio issues

Thanks to Dan from VideoReDo, two MAJOR HD bugs were finally revealed!! I knew there were issues. However, I wasn't technical enough to prove exacty what was wrong.

These problems, when fixed, should not only allow 3rd party programs outside of sageTV to read SageTV HD recordings correctly, but may even fix performance, stuttering, and audio issues related to Sage HDTV playback inside and outside of SageTV.

Both bugs have been reported to SageTV support.

To sum things up:

BUG #1: SageTV TS ATSC recordings were not including PCR's. This causes ATSC TS compliant software to not recognize these recordings correctly and could possibly have performance issues, stuttering, etc. during playback.

BUG #2: SageTV HD Mpeg2 program streams are writing incorrect data in the audio sub-frame. This causes some 3rd party apps to not recognize the audio stream. Although, some decoders dont have a problem with this, these are still errors that may cause potential performance issues in audio.

Hopefully, we should see a fix for these problems in the next beta release of SageTV!! Yay!!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
heres some more info and which file is the problem

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=12473&page=10

and yes I(and many others) sent in bug form....
Old 01-15-2006, 09:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, looks like Bug #2: Was already discovered. Thats great!

Bug #1: Is a problem that's been around since day 1 (very first version of SageTV 3 public beta).

I'm pretty excited about these discoveries.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-17-2006, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't heard back from SageTV support regarding these bugs. I'm sure tech support has been very busy.

Anyway, I'm guessing it goes without saying that the devopers now have the information they need to fix both bugs. Hopefully we'll see these fixes in the next beta release.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I haven't heard back from SageTV support regarding these bugs. I'm sure tech support has been very busy.

Anyway, I'm guessing it goes without saying that the devopers now have the information they need to fix both bugs. Hopefully we'll see these fixes in the next beta release.
I wonder if this will fix the issue with MyHD not playing Sage files? That would be great for some.

Mkanet, please check your PMs.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I thought it was needless to say, but I think I should mention it anyway... these issues are reproducable with the latest SageTV beta version 4.1.5

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-04-2006, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation NEWS: Editing Proprietary SageTV HDTV MPEG2 program streams now possible!

Since there's no telling when these bugs will be fixed in SageTV, I was able to convince the creator of VideoReDo, to add proprietary support for SageTV HDTV MPEG2 program streams in VideoReDo. With this added support, VideoReDo will no longer reject non-standard SageTV AC3 audio.

This is the only known method (that I know of) to edit SageTV HDTV MPEG2 files (with sound) without having to re-encoding them.

Instructions:

Download latest VideoReDo beta:
http://www.videoredo.net/beta/VideoR...-2-2-1-447.exe

1) Hold down the shift key and click on the menu Tools>Options. This will bring up a new options page.
2) Change the "Allow processing of improper AC3 PES packets" to TRUE.
3) Click OK.

You should now hear audio. Without this hidden feature, VideoReDo will reject SageTV audio streams entirely due to the bug mentioned at the begining of this post.

NOTE: Alternatively, you can make sageTV to record HDTV in TS format, which will will work correctly in VideoReDo without the above tweak, but due to the 2nd long-standing bug related to TS files (mentioned above), this isn't a good option for some people.

Have fun...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-04-2006, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Use VideoReDo if you want your HD files to work in MyHD and other apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike
I wonder if this will fix the issue with MyHD not playing Sage files? That would be great for some.

Mkanet, please check your PMs.
Goodspike, if you want your SageTV .ts files to work in other applications such as MyHD, you need to process them first through VideoReDo. VideoRoDo will turn them into "standard" .TS files. This is the only known way to easily convert them... just drag and drop into the app and "save as..." within a couple of minutes you'll get standard files compatible to any HDTV software!

Of course, its more desirable to just get these two bugs fixed...

***RIP SageTV***