SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Question Picture in Picture... Wish List...

Okay, is there any reason why nobody has created a picture in picture feature for SageTV? I see some of the competing software does it and wondered if there is (I assume there is) some reason why it hasn't been done by anybody at Sage or one of the many gifted contributers...

Not a show stopper, but during Football season it sure would be a great feature to have!!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have asked for this numerous times, but I always get a bunch of response like why would you want this. Hopefully it will be added someday.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 01-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I would think it would be cool. I have a baby on the way and would like to install a camera since we have two story house. My or I wife could check on the baby using the picture in picture if we were watching something on tv.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Don't hold your breath.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would agree as well but I'm a feature whore and always want all the bells and whistles I can always find a use for a feature even if I don't have one initially.

And yes I know too many features could lead to instability.....
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlabrue
I would agree as well but I'm a feature whore and always want all the bells and whistles I can always find a use for a feature even if I don't have one initially.

And yes I know too many features could lead to instability.....
Well, for me it's a sports thing.. for example.. tonight I was watching a movie via Sage and noticed the Lakers were playing as well.. now I don't need to watch the laker game full screen and I don't generally listen to them anyhow, and it would have been GREAT to have the game on in the corner of my movie.. as it was I had to keep switching back and forth.. good thing I did because Kobe somehow managed to score 81 points tonight! Same thing for football.. watch one game and keep an eye on the other... toggle back and forth..

I've used it on other televisions and see other competing products already support it.. just wondered if it was ever a consideration for Sage.. but it is something I'd love to see!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:08 AM

There are some major key feature that mini user want
1: Closed Captions support for 150/500.
2: Picture in Picture but also as add note you should beware that it will not be compatible with the XCard/NetStream, PVR350 or MVP.
3: FM Raido support with Recording to MP3 and Scheduler.

Rigth now there only one apps that support 1, 2 "CTpvr" and another one that only support 3 "GB-PVR".
Old 01-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Okay, is there any reason why nobody has created a picture in picture feature for SageTV? I see some of the competing software does it and wondered if there is (I assume there is) some reason why it hasn't been done by anybody at Sage or one of the many gifted contributers...

Not a show stopper, but during Football season it sure would be a great feature to have!!!!

Hmm.. because Sage has enough studdering problems as it is while only trying to display one channel at a time?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB_2005
Hmm.. because Sage has enough studdering problems as it is while only trying to display one channel at a time?
I have no stuttering problem any longer..
I even stream wirelessly from one room to a MVP perhaps 30 feet away from my router.. no stutters..

Each new beta gets better than the previous one.. the more of us that use it, the more bugs they find and fix.. The other day I had 2 MVP's streaming live TV and the server itself watching a 3rd live TV show and I used the webserver plugin to watch a 4th show streamed (not live).. so I had 4 streams going at the same time.. not even a hiccup!

I have an AMD Athlon 2400+ with 512MB RAM.. nothing fancy..

I suspect if I can stream that much at the same time, putting two shows on a single tv wouldn't be impossible.. and since the new beta transcodes so well, why couldn't it even 'downsize' the second video?

Anyhow.. this is what makes these community forums.. IDEAS.. some stick, some don't.. but at least there is a forum to post them!