SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow STV Import: Jump Directly to Detailed Info (V0.91/Sept 18 2008)

New and improved for V6.4.8!!

Pre 6.xx version infor can be found here Which is just 2 posts down...

*Description taken from Pre-6.x version*
This is more like a mini import.. It doesn't really add any functionality.. It just changes the behavior to like it was with Cayars (or the 2.x stv??)

I really liked when I clicked on a show or a recording, it gave me the detailed info right there instead of an options menu. That's what this mini import will do. If you click/select on a guide or recording it will jump to a detailed info screen where you can do most of the stuff that was on the options menu. I don't know if too many people wanted this.. But I did and I know a couple others did as well..
You can also import Show information from IMDB to the video library!
See this post for old pictures of the library Import.
This version will also allow you to edit video info for imported videos. (like from IMDB )

This also has support for the comskip plugin. Make sure you install it before mine.

This has been updated to support 6.4.8 and newer.. I have no idea if it will work with Pre 6.4.8

Screen shot below as well as the STVI

This comes with no promised support or future enhancements.... My wife reserves the right to pull me from this project at any time!

To Install:

NOTE: If you want to use Nielm's IMDB plugin, you have to import it earlier in the stvi import list.

NOTE: If you want to use the Comskip plugin, you have to install that before mine too.

I'm going to leave 3 versions (If there are more than one) in case a new version breaks something.. so make sure you grab the right one.

Unzip the file to
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ ---- Or Where ever your sage install is...

Configuration:

At the bottom or right before the unsuported extras section of the detailed setup/customize there will be a configure button. This will allow you to:
1. turn off the jumping to detailed info so it would be like the default behavior
2. Configure the playlist buttons which will allow you to turn any or all of them off

Changes inv0.91
Fixed minor formatting issue on Record Options button
Added Comskip support.
Linked in my delete when you hit the delete key

Changes in v0.90
Updated from pre 6.xx V0.85 to be used with 6.4.8 and newer.
Removed digital marker icon
Removed Encoder marker icon
added convert button

Post any bugs/issues/enhancement requests here

Enjoy,

Jim
Attached Files
File Type: zip Detailed_Info_import_0_90.zip (73.0 KB, 526 views)
File Type: zip Detailed_Info_import_0_91.zip (74.1 KB, 498 views)

Last edited by jbuszkie; 09-18-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage User

THANKS! I'll integrate this in tonight and see if it helps with the WAF.

I'd tried modifying some of this myself in studio and fell flat on my face.... so I really appreciate your efforts.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpsmith
THANKS! I'll integrate this in tonight and see if it helps with the WAF.
The WAF is reason I'm doing it too!

Let me know if it works ok for you. I haven't really tested it with any other plugins/imports...

OLD Post #1

This is more like a mini import.. It doesn't really add any functionality.. It just changes the behavior to like it was with Cayars (or the 2.x stv??)

I really liked when I clicked on a show or a recording, it gave me the detailed info right there instead of an options menu. That's what this mini import will do. If you click/select on a guide or recording it will jump to a detailed info screen where you can do most of the stuff that was on the options menu. I don't know if too many people wanted this.. But I did and I know a couple others did as well..

Also added...

1. The Delete Button will give you some choices like in Cayars (Delete/watched/like, Delete/not watched/like)
2. If a show was recorded on a digital tuner, A little "D" icon will show up.
3. If it's a recorded show or a show that will be recorded, a orange star icon with a number will show up. This number represents which Encoder the show was/is/will be recorded on.
4. Added Support for video playlists.

Screen shot below as well as the zipfile.

A big shout out to ToxMox for creating the extra icons.

Like the Mini Guide... This comes with no promised support or future enhancements.... My wife reserves the right to pull me from this project at any time!

To Install:

NOTE: If you want to use Nielm's IMDB plugin, you have to import it first. Or if you import a newer version of the IMDB plugin, then you will have to reimport my latest
Also if you want to use EvilPenguin's DVD Buring tools then that also has to be imported first.

I'm going to leave 3 versions in case a new version breaks something.. so make sure you grab the right one.

Unzip the file to
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ ---- Or Where ever your sage install is...
***Note: This has changed since the last version...

If you have already installed an older version of this plugin, then I would start fresh. You'll need Nielm's new version (4.0 at least) for this version and he recommends a fresh start anyway with his so just import after his.

Also when you unzip it will probably ask if you want to overwrite the neilm_sageimdb.jar. Answer Yes. This is a newer version.

Then you can do the import..

I'm not sure what will happen if you have more that 9 tuners!

Configuration:

At the bottom or right before the unsuported extras section of the detailed setup/customize there will be a configure button. This will allow you to:
1. turn off the jumping to detailed info so it would be like the default behavior
2. Turn off the Digital "D" icon
3. Turn off the Encoder number icon
4. Configure the playlist buttons which will allow you to turn any or all of them off

Changes in v0.85

Added support to import Show information from IMDB to the video library! A big thanks to the SageMC guys for letting me steal some code! And to Nielm as well!
Updated to support SageIMDB's 4.0 release.
See this post for pictures of the library Import.

Changes in v0.80

I basically changed the whole STVI around. I should have done it this way the first time. I hope I didn't break anything.
Added support for Evilpenguin's DVD tools
Imported library will also work with this too now.

Changes in v0.74

Added the video playlist buttons.

Changed in v0.73

Fixed *hopefully* the encoder number being incorrect.
After Deleting it should bring you back to spot you were before you entered into the detailed info.

Changes in v0.72

Support for the mlbdude and malore recordings.
You can now import this import over itself.

Changed in V0.71

Added support for Nielm's IMDB plugin.
Changed the Setup config to right before the "Unsupported Extras"
Changed the buttons a little so more would fit.

Changes in V0.70

Initial release

Post any bugs/issues/enhancement requests here

Enjoy,

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: bmp detailed_info_screen1.bmp (504.9 KB, 506 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Detailed_Info_Import_0_85.zip (245.6 KB, 473 views)

Last edited by jbuszkie; 09-09-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Expert

This will be helpful in my WAF as well which went down with the pop-up menu they have now. She wants the details screen like was done before.

I personally like the new way of doing things, but she doesn't really care for it.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Works just fine here!!

Is there a way to add IMDB search to the menu? Can this be done in Studio?

Thanks!
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder

Last edited by domc; 02-07-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domc
Is there a way to add IMDB search to the menu? Can this be done in Studio?
I've never really used that function in cayars.. But I'll look into adding it if it's not too hard...

Jim
Old 02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

Worked great for me...thanks for this import Jim!
Old 02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
I've never really used that function in cayars.. But I'll look into adding it if it's not too hard...
You might want to look into nielm's IMDB Search import. You'd probably want to just hook into that if it is available on someone's system.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperry
You might want to look into nielm's IMDB Search import. You'd probably want to just hook into that if it is available on someone's system.
Yes that's the STVI I am using. I liked it because all you had to do was click on the menu item and the show/movie title was automatically inserted for before it went out and looked for the info.
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder
Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok.. New version at the top to add support for Nielm's IMDB plugin. I modified the names of his buttons (sorry Nielm!) so they would fit better.. I hope he doesn't mind...

One caveat.. You have to install my plugin after his. Maybe he'll add support for this plugin! If he releases a new version, then you'll have to revert to a version before you installed mine. Then update his and then install mine.
If this becomes a pain, I can release a new version...

EDIT: I'm leaving two versions at the top incase I break one. Make sure you grab the right one!

Last edited by jbuszkie; 02-08-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for your plugin! I was hoping you were going to support the IMDB plugin!

I understood everything below except for, "then you'll have to revert to a version before you installed mine." Revert to a version of what?

If he releases a new version, then you'll have to revert to a version before you installed mine. Then update his and then install mine.
If this becomes a pain, I can release a new version...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Sage Icon

What about support for the mlbdude Sage recordings view? Is it easy to add support to that?

I really prefere this view, plus I've tweaked all the text so it looks good for me.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
What about support for the mlbdude Sage recordings view? Is it easy to add support to that?
Sure.. I never use that view so I didn't realize there was a different path to it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I understood everything below except for, "then you'll have to revert to a version before you installed mine." Revert to a version of what?
Basically it means that if he releases a new version you have to reimport mine. But right now you can't reimport mine overitself. So if he releases a new version you have to load in an old STV from before you imported my latest. Then import his new version. Then import mine.. Does that make anymore sense?

Jim
Old 02-09-2006, 12:55 AM
Sage Icon

Sweat, can't wait, thank you

so I'll have imdb working too
Old 02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Version posted at the top. It *should* work with malore and MlbDude style recordings.

Also there *shouldn't* be anymore issues with re-importing this over itself.

Let me know if I broke something!

Jim
Old 02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Works perfect so far... wow I will definately gain more pleased with Sage as a whole with this import. I was pretty upset when the initial changes where made...

Thanks so much!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:58 PM
Sage Expert

Thank you very much!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I use SageMC on the setup in my weekend home, will I be able to import this into that STV? Thanks again!
Old 02-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkshadow
Thank you very much!! This is exactly what I was looking for! I use SageMC on the setup in my weekend home, will I be able to import this into that STV? Thanks again!
Well........ I'd probably have to say not.... I've never loaded SageMC so I can't say for sure but my initial guess is that it won't work. sorry.

Jim
Old 02-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Sage User

Superb!

Missed this functionality a lot. Thanks for your efforts.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Sage User

I'd like to second the sentiments of wrwaugh. I missed the functionality that you have restored with this import. Thanks for sharing with the community.