SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I too am a big fan of this plug in. One thing i notice is that the icon showing which encoder is being used (which is a great addition) is often incorrect. I have 1 avermedia and 2 Hauppauge (a 150 and 250) tuners. The avermedia shows correct (1), while the Hauppuage always shows the same number (3), no matter which tuner it uses - (i.e., 2 never shows, and i know it is being used b/c on S-video and others on coaxial). Thanks again
Old 02-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre
I too am a big fan of this plug in. One thing i notice is that the icon showing which encoder is being used (which is a great addition) is often incorrect. I have 1 avermedia and 2 Hauppauge (a 150 and 250) tuners. The avermedia shows correct (1), while the Hauppuage always shows the same number (3), no matter which tuner it uses - (i.e., 2 never shows, and i know it is being used b/c on S-video and others on coaxial). Thanks again
output your system info to a text file and send it to me. I'll take a look into it. It might have barfed due to one of the configured inputs being s-video not the tuner....

Also send me a screen shot of the detailed info page of the failing recording and the info section scrolled to where it shows the encoder info..

This may be hard for me to debug if I can't duplicate it..

Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 02-13-2006 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:49 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Perhaps this is by design..... but thw wife don't ike it....

When we select a delete option (ie Delete, Watched, Like) I am dumped back to the detailed show information, instead of the recordings list. I must have deleted last nights "The Shield" 6 times in the menu, before backing up to recordings and.. poof, it was infact deleted....
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 02-15-2006, 06:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I read this a few times, but couldn't quite figure out why you expected it to go to the recordings list if you weren't in the recordings list to begin with. But then, I realized that it doesn't make sense to display detailed info of something you just deleted. I didn't catch this because I use the delete button on my remote to delete recordings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
Perhaps this is by design..... but thw wife don't ike it....

When we select a delete option (ie Delete, Watched, Like) I am dumped back to the detailed show information, instead of the recordings list. I must have deleted last nights "The Shield" 6 times in the menu, before backing up to recordings and.. poof, it was infact deleted....

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Sage Icon

Would also be nice if this import gave the deailed info type view to the video library.

Is that doable?

Maybe as a second import?
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
I have to second this one. After a delete, we should not be taken back to the detailed info screen.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Would also be nice if this import gave the deailed info type view to the video library.
It doesn't? I must have missed that one.. I'll add it to the list and see if I can fix the back after delete thing... but it will have to wait until after my taxes are done!

Jim
Old 02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

cool... whenever you get a chance. Thank You.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Sage Icon

Nice. Thanks for the time you spent on it
Old 03-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5884
I have to second this one. After a delete, we should not be taken back to the detailed info screen.
BUMP!

Been a while since this thread saw activity, so I have this request:

Please add to your stvi to take us back to the recording list, and not the detailed infor for the file we just deleted...

TIA
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Old 03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah.. It's starting to annoy me as well.. I still
want to get my taxes done first and I'm swamped at work..

Maybe this weekend... No promises...

Jim
Old 03-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage User

Ok, thanks for the input dear author....

thought you might have pulled a Cayars, and disappeared on us.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

nah... I just had to adjust some priorities around and work has been a bitch lately.... and still is... Sage kinda has to take a back seat for now.. But I think I can squeeze this in....

Jim
Old 03-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
nah... I just had to adjust some priorities around and work has been a bitch lately.... and still is... Sage kinda has to take a back seat for now.. But I think I can squeeze this in....

Jim
Understood, take your time... I'll let the wife know you'll get to it when you have a chance.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

The marker icon for encoder number isn't working properly for me. For 5 of my 6 encoders it always makes the icon "5" and for my usb tuner which has different guide data gets marked as "2"
Old 03-12-2006, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Thats a known issue. It happens randomly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
The marker icon for encoder number isn't working properly for me. For 5 of my 6 encoders it always makes the icon "5" and for my usb tuner which has different guide data gets marked as "2"

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I have investigated it a little bit and I *Think* I know what the problem is. It's also on my list as well...
I also only had my setup to test this on... I'm sure I didn't cover all cases. I might need some info from you to help debug... Can you get me a screen shot of your system info that has all your configured inputs? (OR the text file dump of it)

Thanks,

Jim
Old 03-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

How would I go about outputting a text dump of it?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Use the Info command while on the System Info screen & it will output all the info to SystemInfo.txt in your SageTV dir.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

Cool...Thanks Andy! I didn't know that. (although I have a funny feeling I could find this info in the manual)

Anyways, here is the file Jim.
[edited out attachment, since it contains your locator ID; see next post for details - Opus4]