SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Yeah, it is in the manual , but, what I'm really replying about is to make sure everyone knows that the placeshifter locator ID is in the txt file from System Info. Granted, the placeshifter starts out encrypted & uses password controlled access to your system, but I just figured you might want to edit that info out or send the file via email instead.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I removed your attachment for the time being... feel free to repost it with or w/o the info, as you see fit.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Yeah, it is in the manual , but, what I'm really replying about is to make sure everyone knows that the placeshifter locator ID is in the txt file from System Info. Granted, the placeshifter starts out encrypted & uses password controlled access to your system, but I just figured you might want to edit that info out or send the file via email instead.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I removed your attachment for the time being... feel free to repost it with or w/o the info, as you see fit.

- Andy
Thanks Andy,
Edited and repost here:
Attached Files
File Type: txt SystemInfo2.txt (5.2 KB, 439 views)
Old 03-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ok.. I *think* I fixed the encoder number issue... It works on mine. Let me know if it's ok.. Also
added the function to return to the previous spot after you delete.

Let me know if there are any other issues..

See the first post for the latest...

Jim
Old 03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Sage Icon

That was fast After my initial quick look it does appear to work now. Nice work
Old 03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Great work! I tested it a little while and I can confirm that the tuner # issue has been resolved. After deleting a show, it also does the right thing now! Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

That was fast testing! I'm glad it worked for you two. Now I really need to do my taxes!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie
[...]added the function to return to the previous spot after you delete.[...]
The wife says thank you, and so do I.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 03-29-2006, 09:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Verision Posted at the Top.

I just released a new version in the first post.

Quote:
Changes in v0.74

Added the video playlist buttons.
I was missing the video playlist features that I remember being in Cayars. I don't know if there was a way to do it with V4... I couldn't figure it out.. So I added the buttons to the detailed info screen. I mainly used it to cue up shows for my daughter to watch while I want to work uninturrupted. Got to love the video babysitter!

I don't know if any of you will use this but let me know if you have any issues. You can also turn the buttons off if you don't want them there...

Jim
Old 04-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I just released a new version in the first post.

I was missing the video playlist features that I remember being in Cayars. I don't know if there was a way to do it with V4... I couldn't figure it out.. So I added the buttons to the detailed info screen. I mainly used it to cue up shows for my daughter to watch while I want to work uninturrupted. Got to love the video babysitter!

I don't know if any of you will use this but let me know if you have any issues. You can also turn the buttons off if you don't want them there...

Jim
This is great! I've been missing this from Cayars so much! Couple questions...is there a way to map "Add to Playlist" to a remote key? Would be nice to be able to jump through a directory of recorded shows hitting "Add to Playlist" or on a directory in a three pane malore setup and all all shows in the directory to the play list. Is there a way to map "Show Playlist" to the remote?

Also, for some reason when I add "Media Playlist" to my main menu with the Dynamic Menus....and then add to the playlist with your import, it shows up if I select "Show Playlist" in your import, but does not when I select "Media Playlist" from my main menu.

Thanks!

Last edited by Deadbolt; 04-14-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt
This is great! I've been missing this from Cayars so much! Couple questions...is there a way to map "Add to Playlist" to a remote key? Would be nice to be able to jump through a directory of recorded shows hitting "Add to Playlist" or on a directory in a three pane malore setup and all all shows in the directory to the play list. Is there a way to map "Show Playlist" to the remote?
I'll look into this... did cayars have a key mapped to this? If so I can just add the same custom command that he used..

Quote:
Also, for some reason when I add "Media Playlist" to my main menu with the Dynamic Menus....and then add to the playlist with your import, it shows up if I select "Show Playlist" in your import, but does not when I select "Media Playlist" from my main menu.
For some reason Sage decided to mask off the video playlist in the Media Playlist.. Maybe I'll see about disabling that. They probably did that because they didn't want to support video playlists?? That's my guess...
But do you really want to see the video playlist in the media playlist? I'll have to think about that...

Jim
Old 04-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I'll look into this... did cayars have a key mapped to this? If so I can just add the same custom command that he used..

For some reason Sage decided to mask off the video playlist in the Media Playlist.. Maybe I'll see about disabling that. They probably did that because they didn't want to support video playlists?? That's my guess...
But do you really want to see the video playlist in the media playlist? I'll have to think about that...

Jim
Cayars did have one mapped...I use to use it all the time. I can't remember which one though ... DOH! Do you think this same key could also be used to "add directory" to playlist if selected from the folder level?

I would love to see the video playlist in the media playlist....I don't use the playlist for music so maybe I'm biased!

Thanks for looking into this! Oh man I've waited sooo long to have this again! I love being able to load up 4-5 shows in a series and let it run...with comskip I don't touch the remote for hours!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I love being able to load up 4-5 shows in a series and let it run...with comskip I don't touch the remote for hours!
Now that's a couch potato!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Now that's a couch potato!!!
Hell Yeah...it also works well while you are working on things around the house....just keep those shows rolling!
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Cayars did have one mapped...I use to use it all the time. I can't remember which one though ... DOH! Do you think this same key could also be used to "add directory" to playlist if selected from the folder level?
I looked through Cayars code and I couldn't find any custom commands to add to the playlist...
Was it done from the Detailed info guide? or was it from the recordings menu?? I never did that so I'm not too familiar with it... I only used the menu buttons..

Jim
Old 06-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

It would be cool if this stvi would support the new SageTV DVD burning mod by evilpenguin
Old 06-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Verision Posted at the Top.

Quote:
Changes in v0.80

I basically changed the whole STVI around. I should have done it this way the first time. I hope I didn't break anything.
Added support for Evilpenguin's DVD tools
Imported library will also work with this too now.
I noticed that the imported library path didn't work so I decided to fix it. While I was in there I added support for evilpenguins buttons. I didn't actually test them out.. I just checked to see that they got imported correctly. I kinda rewrote the whole STVI part so I hope all goes well.. I tested reimporting over V0.74 and from the fresh 5.0 as well as reimporting overitself.

I wanted to fix this before I released my next mini plugin that will mount DVD images and allow an external viewer.

Let me know if I broke something...

Jim
Old 06-30-2006, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the update! Everything works! I was able to use it with Archived recordings and Imported Videos. I like how it tries its best to look up an Imported video via IMDB (I have lots of clips from movies)!

I like that I was able to turn off Show Playlists and add to playlists since I dont use those features and takes up too much of my screen.

Would it be possible to add an extra menu option in detailed info (can be disabled in JB options) which would take you straight to Archived Recordings? I'm not sure if thats something other people would like to see or not. If it's not possible, could somebody please tell me how to add an Archived Recordings menu Link in Detailed Info?

Thanks again!
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Would it be possible to add an extra menu option in detailed info (can be disabled in JB options) which would take you straight to Archived Recordings? I'm not sure if thats something other people would like to see or not. If it's not possible, could somebody please tell me how to add an Archived Recordings menu Link in Detailed Info?
It can be done... but is it something that other people would want??

Who knows... maybe I'll throw it in...
No promises...
Old 09-02-2006, 02:11 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I just installed Nielm's latest IMDB stvi.
I noticed that the Detailed Info stvi does not work correctly with it.
Can someone else confirm this?
Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 09-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

You will have to reinstall mine.. I'm still not guarenteeing that it will work.. I didn't look at what he changed...
But You always have to reimport mine if you reinstall his...

But if reimporting mine (I think my plugin allows reimporting...)
still doesn't work, then let me know and I try to fix the issue.. I'm close to releasing a new version anyway that will allow imdb imported info for imported videos...

Please let me know if re-importing mine doesn't work..

Thanks,

Jim