SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

ok.. I'll post the beta and start a new thread..

The work was started on my laptop which my wife took with her
to vist her mom for a couple of days.. She's coming back today so I'll have my files back! I should have made a copy of the STVi before she left! Stupid me!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

Yes please.

P
Old 08-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

I really miss this stvi from v5 days.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you are using the latest Sage (6.4.8??) The original V.85? seems to look right.. I didn't try the buttons.. but on a fist glance it looks ok.. there was a bug?? in the earlier versions of 6.xx that seems to be fixed.. The beta version I had worked on.. broke with the latest.. so they fixed the misnamed theme..

It still needs work.. but it might be slightly functional as it in the top of this thread.. I'll try it tomorrow if the wife lets me!
Old 09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

0.90 Released !!! this support 6.4.8 and newer. You can find it at the top!!!

Old Pre 6.xx info was moved to post 3.

Try it out and let me know what you think..

EDIT - New thread was deleted to make it easier to maintain lists...

Last edited by jbuszkie; 09-09-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Andy convinced me to just have one thread...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, will give it a try, great to have it back!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Nice job. Works great on the most current version.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

when trying to import this, i am getting a java heap space error (java.lang.outofmemoryerror), and will not install this import, but will do the 4 before it. Not sure if it is this or related to my Sage setup, but have not had any heap issues before this.

after my extender froze, had to restart server. imported again and it works, nice to have it back. thanks

Last edited by sabre; 09-09-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

I've noticed that too when I was developing.. Every third time or so I had to restart sage. I'm wondering if there is some issue with Sage not releasing some memory when it does imports... and I'm not sure if it has anything to do with my plugin..
Old 09-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

I'm having no luck. Is the download just the single stvi file? I put it in the right place, and imported it in Sage, but I get nothing - no setup options, and nothing on any options screens.

(Where would the setup options screen be located in 6.4.8, by the way?)

I don't know why it wouldn't be working. I have 10 other imports installed previously, and they are all okay.

Anybody got any ideas? Could there be a conflict with another import?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Try putting the import higher up in the list.. What other imports do you have?

And yes.. it's just the STVI file.

And the setup screen is under the customizations. It should be the close to last in the list or right before the secret unsupported option buttons.

You can also just try a couple STVIs at a time.. Keep adding some in to you find which one the conflict is in.

Jim

Last edited by jbuszkie; 09-13-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuszkie View Post
Try putting the import higher up in the list.. What other imports do you have?
Dynamic customizable menus, IMDB, MovieTimes, miniguide, encoder renaming, weather suite, multi-function stop, rss reader, web page viewer... I think that's it (going from memory)...
I'm brand-new at 6.4.8 with the "new" method of installing the plug-ins... can you move the plug-ins around within that list? What difference does that make in terms of how they function?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm guessing this addon was meant only for the stock STV; not SageMC.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm guessing this addon was meant only for the stock STV; not SageMC.
Yup.. Stock only... Sorry..
Old 09-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Jim, great to have this import back.

I had a question on functionality. From the program guide, say i click on a show, and hit 'watch now'. is there any way to go back to the program guide when i click 'stop' instead of going back into Program Information? I find i have to hit back quite often to get back to the guide. Same for even Recordings. When i hit 'stop' is it possible to take me back to the Recordings menu, rather than Program Information?

I find when i look at the show, i am interested in looking at the program information, but when i hit stop, I am done with the show for now, and usually do not want to configure it any further. When a show is fully watched, i have it set to prompt for deletion, so no need to go back into Program Information to delete it.

Just a thought.

Thanks

Tim
Old 09-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Dynamic customizable menus, IMDB, MovieTimes, miniguide, encoder renaming, weather suite, multi-function stop, rss reader, web page viewer... I think that's it (going from memory)...
I'm brand-new at 6.4.8 with the "new" method of installing the plug-ins... can you move the plug-ins around within that list? What difference does that make in terms of how they function?
There is no way to edit the order in the list manager.. That should be a requested enhancement.. I can see that in the next release.. So you have to keep removing the svti's and add them in a different order. I don't know which one of those is the culprit.. but I mainly use your first two and then call waiting info plugin and then mine.. So try putting mine after the IMDB stvi..

Each stvi will modify the the STV in a certain way. Stvi's *look* for certain *landmarks* in the stv to know how to instert itsself or modify existing things. If a pervious STVI modifided something that I'm looking for.. my code won't find it and fail.

My only prerequisite is that I'm after IMDB (if you want IMBD function on the info screen)

So try putting mine third right after IMDB and see if that helps.

Jim
Old 09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre View Post
Jim, great to have this import back.

I had a question on functionality. From the program guide, say i click on a show, and hit 'watch now'. is there any way to go back to the program guide when i click 'stop' instead of going back into Program Information? I find i have to hit back quite often to get back to the guide. Same for even Recordings. When i hit 'stop' is it possible to take me back to the Recordings menu, rather than Program Information?

I find when i look at the show, i am interested in looking at the program information, but when i hit stop, I am done with the show for now, and usually do not want to configure it any further. When a show is fully watched, i have it set to prompt for deletion, so no need to go back into Program Information to delete it.
Tim
Hmm.. It probably can be done.. I think about half the time I'd want that.. The other half I'd want it work the way it is.. Let me think about it...

Jim
Old 09-18-2008, 08:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Version 0.91 Released

New Version at the top.

This version now supports the comskip plugin

Changes in v0.91
Fixed minor formatting issue on Record Options button
Added Comskip support.
Linked in my delete when you hit the delete key

Let me know if you find any issues...

I'm still thinking about your request, Tim...

Jim