SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Sage User

MVP hard to get

I sent a email to the sales folks at Hauppauge asking about the MVP and why they are so hard to come by here is the reply.

"This product has been redesigned and will resume shipments to all channels
by the end of March."
Old 02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I assume that this is aligned with the release of the wireless version. Does anyone know if the wired version is going to be changed at all?
Old 02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

It's possible that they will no longer even offer a wired only version since the wireless can do both (going by the pics of it I've seen). I managed to track down 2 of them over the weekend from Radio Shack for $39 each. Took me about 2 hours of calling around, but I really really wanted them!
Old 02-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wow... I didn't think that there would be any left on closeout! I should call around as well... having wireless capability would be nice, but last I read it's going to carry a $50 price premium over the wired version at MSRP...
Old 02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Radio shack still has em if you look

After reading someone's post in another thread (dbfresh23 I think, THANKS), I went searching my local Radio Shacks. After going into one and asking the associate to check stock at other stores in the area I found one with three in stock & snapped them up. the associates there didnt even know what they were for.

Nick

P.s. (first post, bTW )

P.p.s. I think I like smilies just a little too much
Old 02-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

I placed my order for the MVP with Sage over 3 weeks ago and there is no ETA on when they will come in and be shipped to us waiting customers.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonen
I placed my order for the MVP with Sage over 3 weeks ago and there is no ETA on when they will come in and be shipped to us waiting customers.
If Hauppauge isn't shipping them till the end of march, I wouldn't plan on having it before the second half of April at least. That's ultimately what sent me hunting for them, just didn't want to wait and virtually everyone seems to be out of stock. I had originally planned on just Buying one from Sage.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage User

Does anyone have an SKU or something for Radio Shack? I'd like to call around but Im sure the CSRs wouldnt have a clue what Im talking about.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Check the recent thread in the general discussion area, it's in there.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Sage User

Ive already checked the recent threads. There is no mention of an SKU or part number that I can find.

EDIT:
Nevermind. Quick google search gave me SKU #25-3215.

Last edited by garcia21; 02-16-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Odd, I could have sworn that someone posted it in the almost identical thread i started at the begining of the week. Sorry.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well I have 2 I might be getting rid of. I no longer have the boxes they came in for them. I have both the 45 button and the old remote one. My motherboard died on me and to replace it was to much money since the now all come with PCI express slots and not AGP.

Plus I have a my first baby on the way and I wont have time to mess around with Sage. With the Tivo Directvhd for only 399.00 and a free Directv SD DVR. I couldnt pass it up.

I have to say after using Sage for around 3years I would choose Sage over the Tivo. For me it seems that the program guid is alot quicker in sage and just all around easier to navigate. But I have to say that the Tivo box is nice and compact now that I dont need to tuners apart from my Sage box. The ability to record HD pay content is great too.

If Sage is ever able to record Pay HD content in the future I may go back. I not a big fan of closed systems. But right now I need easy as posible with the baby on the way. Tivo gives me that.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

seem to be a lot available on eBay.. is there anything to look out for in terms of model# if I buy a used one?
Old 02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm
seem to be a lot available on eBay.. is there anything to look out for in terms of model# if I buy a used one?
Nothing from experiance, just from reading about it. The D3 is possibly a trouble unit: http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?...32344#msg32344
The rest don't have any issues I am aware of. I have a D3A (from Radio Shack) and am very happy with it and the bargan price. I am presently looking to get a few more.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can save people in the Richmond, VA area some trouble - there are none left in the district.