SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Feature Suggestion: 'global' padding option

Hi,

One of my Sage systems is in the UK, and a common problem is that shows there quite frequently start late, and/or over-run their scheduled ending time.

As you can imagine, this is pretty frustrating. Picture the family all sitting watching Poirot, and it gets to the bit where Poirot says "...and the murderer is..." <end of recording>

So, my suggestion is to have a 'global' padding option, which can be set to automatically record X minutes extra on the end of every recording, providing nothing else is lined up for recording afterwards (favorite or manual recording) and another tuner wasn't available. I guess there could also be an option for padding at the beginning of a recording too, though early starts are less of a problem in the UK.

Every favorite and manual recording would still have it's own padding setting, but if this was set to "default" it would pick up the global setting, or you enter a specific number (even 0) like you can now.

The key thing is that the global padding option takes a lower priority, so that the padding is dropped if it would otherwise cause you to miss the start of another favorite or manual recording. If you wanted to enforce padding for a particular favorite you would just set it individually like now.

Also, the inital padding setting for new favorites and manual recordings would be "default", so you don't need to go in and set it up every time.

What do people thing of this?

Regards,
Ben
Old 03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage User

There is already a "Default Padding" import on this page http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12168 which does what you're after from what I understand.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1790
There is already a "Default Padding" import on this page http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12168 which does what you're after from what I understand.
Hi,

I did have a look at this, but my understanding is that while it does have some of what I was looking for, it doesn't have the ability to drop the padding, if it would cause a later recording to be missed...?

Ben