SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Placeshifter Login ...

I have somehow unassigned my ENTER key from the SELECT option...
(http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16595 )

As a result .. I can not log into place shifter. I was able to reassign the ENTER key once I logged in via my local network connection using my laptop, but for any other PC that is not connected to my LAN ... I have no way of reassigning the ENTER key.

TEST: At my local library I can log in using my laptop. I try one of the desktop PC ... I only reach the password input screen ... and SAGE times out (I can only assume from no Input ... ENTER key is ignored).

Is it too much to ask for a mouse selection key on the password input screen?

Any help would be appreciative!!
-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Administrator

I hear the login process should be able to handle such stuff in the future.

In the meantime: try removing or at least renaming the properties files in the "clients" subdirectory. If you've reconfigured the Enter key just for the placeshifter client, then that should remove the setting.

Extender/placeshifter clients get their default properties settings from the existing sage.properties file, if I remember correctly. Is Enter misconfigured for the server UI? If using service mode, try turning off service mode so that you can start SageTV & be able to set the values in sage.properties.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
... In the meantime: try removing or at least renaming the properties files in the "clients" subdirectory. If you've reconfigured the Enter key just for the placeshifter client, then that should remove the setting.

Extender/placeshifter clients get their default properties settings from the existing sage.properties file, if I remember correctly. Is Enter misconfigured for the server UI? If using service mode, try turning off service mode so that you can start SageTV & be able to set the values in sage.properties.

- Andy
Still problems !!

Each placeshifter client is unique ... My laptop placeshifter client ( that I corrected while it was connected to my LAN) ... is the only placeshifter client that will log into SAGE remotely.

For any other placeshifter client ... the ENTER key will not respond.

The ENTER key has been configured to reflect the SELECT command on the server UI.

Any new placeshifter client reverts back to the old misconfigured ENTER key.

Is it posible to manually EDIT the file that contains this configuration and if so
what file would we EDIT and what would we enter into the file

Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 03-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Administrator

If it is still an issue of Enter being assigned to the wrong command, then you can try removing the keyboard_accelerators property from sage.properties and any properties files in the clients subdirectory, while SageTV is not running at all. However, this will reset all keyboard command assignments.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.