SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I have been trying to troubleshoot 2 different issues:

1. I can't get the diskbar to appear. I am using 6.0 beta, and SageMC 6.13a beta version. I have the newest sagemc.jar in the JAR directory. Java version 1.4. I have tried enabling the diskbar as well as disabling it, and hitting the option button on the main screen -- no diskbar either way.

2. The Custom1, Custom2, and Custom3 menu items configured via the SageMC 16x9 options page will not take any values in their "Menu Screen" box. I am trying to get the Google Video screen to work with any of the Custom buttons. For instance, I can make the "Custom1 Menu Name" Google Videos, however, after scrolling though all the options in the "Custom1 Menu Screen" list and choosing one, nothing happens. I have tried many different internal menu screens, and none of them show up after being selected, and the button created on my main page does nothing.

Any ideas on what my issue is?

Thanks,
Carl
Carl,

can you please generate a debug log file (instructions in first post of this thread) and attach it here ?

Dirk
Old 10-18-2006, 08:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Heres the log file, and what I did in order:

1. Start SageTV. Diskbar currently disabled
2. At main menu, hit options button a couple times. No diskbar appears.
3. Go to SageMC options.
4. Try to set "Custom3 Menu Screen" to "Google Video Menu". Selection didn't take.
5. Enable diskbar.
6. Go back to main menu. No diskbar.
7. Exit SageTV.

Thanks for looking into it Dirk.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (89.3 KB, 415 views)

Last edited by clmolnar; 10-18-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
Heres the log file, and what I did in order:

1. Start SageTV. Diskbar currently disabled
2. At main menu, hit options button a couple times. No diskbar appears.
3. Go to SageMC options.
4. Try to set "Custom3 Menu Screen" to "Google Video Menu". Selection didn't take.
5. Enable diskbar.
6. Go back to main menu. No diskbar.
7. Exit SageTV.

Thanks for looking into it Dirk.
Hi Carl,

it can't find the java classes for the dynamic menus... Do you have a net/sf/sageplugins/sagemenu folder in your SageTV directory ? If not, please extract it from the SageMC base install, or run Jason's installer again (SageTV restart required afterwards), and let me know how it works out...

Dirk
Old 10-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Sage Expert

Is there a process for getting Google Videos. I don't see any option for it either.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Is there a process for getting Google Videos. I don't see any option for it either.
Enable one of the custom menus (using the options menu on the main menu screen) and link the google videos screen to it (in the SageMC Options menu under Detailed Setup > Advanced). Otherwise you can enable 'My Menu' and add it under that. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

feature request: Is there any way to differentiate between DVD's i actually have stored on my server versus my offline collection? Maybe a dot or icon on the ones that are local? That would be great.
Thanks
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Sage Icon

And while we are on the feature request thought... I've been ripping my DVD library, and have a lot of shows that I captured in HD. Is there an easy way to separate them? Or differentiate them, when the 2 titles are sitting next to each other? If there was a way that I could assign the DVD icon or HD icon to a show (much like we assign genre's) that would be great, but I am guessing that this isnt really an easy feature...
Old 10-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
feature request: Is there any way to differentiate between DVD's i actually have stored on my server versus my offline collection? Maybe a dot or icon on the ones that are local? That would be great.
Thanks
Juc
Like this?

If so, it's right here...

Old 10-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Enable one of the custom menus (using the options menu on the main menu screen) and link the google videos screen to it (in the SageMC Options menu under Detailed Setup > Advanced). Otherwise you can enable 'My Menu' and add it under that. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
I don't have the internal screen "google videos" listed? I am using SageMC 6.13a.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 10-18-2006, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't have the internal screen "google videos" listed? I am using SageMC 6.13a.
Did you update to Sage 6.0 beta, and do you use the SageMC_SageTV60beta.xml ? Google Video does not work for 5.x, since it is one of the new features in 6.0 ...

Dirk
Old 10-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Did you update to Sage 6.0 beta, and do you use the SageMC_SageTV60beta.xml ? Google Video does not work for 5.x, since it is one of the new features in 6.0 ...

Dirk
Yes, I have 6.13a of SageMC on top of SageTV 6 beta. The option isn't there for me.
-- Snoopy
Old 10-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I have 6.13a of SageMC on top of SageTV 6 beta. The option isn't there for me.
ARE U USING the SageMC BETA XML file? NOT only SageTV 6 Beta, but SageMC 6 Beta, or whatever it's called...
Old 10-18-2006, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
ARE U USING the SageMC BETA XML file? NOT only SageTV 6 Beta, but SageMC 6 Beta, or whatever it's called...
The filename is SageMC_169_SageTV60beta.xml

In Setup it will show

Code:
6.13a - SageTV60 Beta
as the SageMC version number

Dirk
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the help Dirk. Extracting MLBdude's last SageMC zip file, and then yours on top of it did the trick for the Google page.

However it looks like the diskbar was never really an issue, as it seems that it only appears when the video menu style is set to window. Is it possible that you can make it appear when the video menu style is set to background as well?
Old 10-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Sage User

DVD(From HD) Stutter

I am a recent SageMC convert and just love all the work that has gone into this! I did run across something weird and a forum search did not turn up anything.

I had the opportunity to watch a DVD from the import (My Videos) option and things went just fine until I hit play to bring up the status bar so I could check how much time was left in the movie. After I did the movie would stutter just a bit every few seconds, nothing really bad but a frame or two glitch, I gave it a couple minutes but it never stopped.

I quit the movie, started it back up but still the same thing. I switched back to the default stv/xml and all was good.

I searched around and turned off OSD animations but it did not help.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with DVD (from HD) playback using SageMC but not in the default STV?

CLIENT
AMD 64 3500, 512 MB Ram, XP Pro, ATI X300 Onboard Video, nVidia PureVideo Decoder, SPDIF Optical Out to Kenwood DTS
Old 10-19-2006, 04:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Like this?

If so, it's right here...
Ah--thanks!. I should have figured everyone was a step ahead of me.
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-19-2006, 06:34 AM
Sage Icon

With the latest version (6.13a on Sage 6.0.12), when I go into the My Videos section, and choose the option to play a file (not one of the library selections), the Selection box that comes up doesn't work correctly with the remote. If you hit the down arrow, the selection bar doesn't move correctly. If you say center the bar on one directory, you may actually open a directory above or below (depending on which way you move). Is there a way to get the old selector box back?
Old 10-19-2006, 07:16 AM
Sage User

Is there any place that walks thru some of these adjustments for the beta features?
I am kinda a noob when it comes to updating to get all this cool stuff!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Sage User

I have just changed to a new computer and updated to the version 6 beta with SageMC 6.13a STV and had a couple of questions:

When I go to SageMC Options/Icons & Images the screen has different options than that shown in post #2088 above. My setup is showing 6.13a. Anyone have any idea what I have done wrong?

I have noted that when using SageMC my computer no longer goes into standby (it works fine with the default STV) Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-19-2006, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgarrett
I have just changed to a new computer and updated to the version 6 beta with SageMC 6.13a STV and had a couple of questions:

When I go to SageMC Options/Icons & Images the screen has different options than that shown in post #2088 above. My setup is showing 6.13a. Anyone have any idea what I have done wrong?
Are you sure you scrolled down on the options page ? Geogeckos image shows the 'lower' half of the Icon&Images settings ...

Quote:
I have noted that when using SageMC my computer no longer goes into standby (it works fine with the default STV) Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim
Do you have automatic .my file generation enabled ? This will create a new background thread which will periodically scan the recording directories. But that's about the only possibility I can think of ...

Dirk
Closed Thread