SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Or go to sleep and watch it tomorrow!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Alrighty....problem solved.....thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quick question-

How frequently does sageMC check to see if changes have been made to the comskip edl or txt files? I am working on getting live conskip working on live tv.

Thanks
Old 12-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
A tutorial I just finished on using DirMon2 and ShowAnalyzer in Sage.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

There is a SageMC Wiki, that is kind of a user guide.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169
Geo -- thanks for the info. I got SA and Dirmon working properly. ( I think!) Its outputting files automatically anyway.

I am still missing some setting or other in SageMC. I can not get it to "see" the commercial skip files. I have tried outputting .edl and .txt (not at the same time). Neither will cause SageMC to skip. I have enabled Commercial Skips only from the Options menu during playback. Can you give me any suggestions on where to look for what I've done wrong?

Question: Is there a graphical representation in the timebar for the skips? (like in the original ComSkip STVI) because I dont see that either. Am I missing a plugin?

Thanks for your help!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

SageMC has built-in support for comskip files, either EDL or TXT. You should already be seeing the breaks in the timebar. The only option that you can set, relating to commercials, is Auto Skip.

Are you running a server/client setup? Kirby is going through this problem right now, that the drives must be UNC paths for it to work...
Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Maybe this is a noob question, but I just started using SageMC... How can I delete a whole group of recordings? In the default STV I would just hit the options botton (yellow button on MVP) and it would popup a menu where I could selete "delete all"...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, that's a different thing, currently it's hardcoded to show the alternate Visualization. I'll throw in an option for this in the next version

Dirk
Thanks!
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-05-2006, 06:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
SageMC has built-in support for comskip files, either EDL or TXT. You should already be seeing the breaks in the timebar. The only option that you can set, relating to commercials, is Auto Skip.

Are you running a server/client setup? Kirby is going through this problem right now, that the drives must be UNC paths for it to work...
And as Andy pointed out in the SA thread, even if the files are in a UNC directory, if they were recorded prior to it being a UNC path, it wont work.

What worked for me in the end was to map my 2 recording drives to my client pc as the same drive letters as the server.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelofDeth
Maybe this is a noob question, but I just started using SageMC... How can I delete a whole group of recordings? In the default STV I would just hit the options botton (yellow button on MVP) and it would popup a menu where I could selete "delete all"...
It's similar ...
While the group is highlighted (either in 'Grouped' or 'Sort By Title' mode) hit the options button, and you'll get an option to delete all recordings in that group

Dirk
Old 12-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
And as Andy pointed out in the SA thread, even if the files are in a UNC directory, if they were recorded prior to it being a UNC path, it wont work.

What worked for me in the end was to map my 2 recording drives to my client pc as the same drive letters as the server.
Kirby:
Thanks for the tip. That seems to have done the trick. I have the server drives mapped to the same drive letter on the client machine AND I have the UNC paths in SageClient. I seem to get skipping on all the shows that SA processes, even ones I recorded weeks ago ... so that's a bonus!

Thanks again!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Argghh... I feel silly for asking what's probably a really simple question, but I just installed Client for the first time on a new laptop I bought (successfully streaming fullscreen HD wirelessly throughout the condo - YEA!!!) and I can't seem to figure out how to set the path correctly to see the cover art for my offline dvds on the client. All the other meta-data displays fine, but not the cover art. I assume it's a problem with the way I'm doing the paths, but for some reason I can't seem to get the right combination...
Dirk, you responded initially to this by saying "I always went with UNC paths, and never had any problems ..." Could you elaborate on this a little more?

I have it setup (on the client) as a UNC path to the "offline" folder on my server. All my cover art works great for "online" dvds, and I get the meta-data for the offline dvds, but no image. When viewing the details of the offline dvd, it shows a bright white box where the cover art should be.

In addition (this may be related), trying to play the offline dvd actually tries to play it, and gives an error, instead of popping up a "Please insert dvd" message like it does on the server.

Screenshots attached:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.JPG (413.4 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg sage2.JPG (523.0 KB, 233 views)
Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Imdb Save and Default STV

Is the problem where if you save IMDB data with Sagmc for imported Videos and then You use a Client with the Default STV. The Title in the imported file is wrong and displays parts of the Description been addressed or is this the way it will remain?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Is the problem where if you save IMDB data with Sagmc for imported Videos and then You use a Client with the Default STV. The Title in the imported file is wrong and displays parts of the Description been addressed or is this the way it will remain?
With version 6, Sage changed the way the Title and Episode fields are used for sorting and display of imported videos. (The SageMC IMDB save, saves data in these fields)

It is an issue that has been raised before, and the change was necessary for the new browser views. My concern is that it should at least be documented in the API spec.

John
Old 12-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
It's similar ...
While the group is highlighted (either in 'Grouped' or 'Sort By Title' mode) hit the options button, and you'll get an option to delete all recordings in that group

Dirk
Hmm.. If I highlight the group, and press the options button, nothing happens. If I select the group, I can push options for the popup, but then I can only delete the one show that is highligted.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm.. If I highlight the group, and press the options button, nothing happens. If I select the group, I can push options for the popup, but then I can only delete the one show that is highligted.
You can also delete the whole group by highlighting the group and pressing the delete key (or the button on your remote mapped to delete). A popup will appear asking if you're sure you want to delete all of the recordings. I use this method all the time. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi
It is an issue that has been raised before, and the change was necessary for the new browser views. My concern is that it should at least be documented in the API spec.
A reminder, in case it hasn't already been done: while this is still a beta, submit a bug report for the API docs if you find something that doesn't match reality.

Edit: Nevermind. I hear the API update has already been in process for this, but the results just aren't visible yet.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Not sure if this was addressed to me or a previous issue - if it WAS to me, I am not using IMDB, I am importing meta-data from DVD Profiler.

If it wasn't directed at me, then nevermind!
Old 12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
You can also delete the whole group by highlighting the group and pressing the delete key (or the button on your remote mapped to delete). A popup will appear asking if you're sure you want to delete all of the recordings. I use this method all the time. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
This does work... but im wondering if pressing the options button should actually do anything. In the original STV (with secret features), it brings up a menu where you can delete all, set all watched, set all don't like. Is there anything similar for SageMC?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This does work... but im wondering if pressing the options button should actually do anything. In the original STV (with secret features), it brings up a menu where you can delete all, set all watched, set all don't like. Is there anything similar for SageMC?
I could have sworn this is in there, but after looking at the code I have to admit it's not...
I'll try to get this into the next version

Dirk
Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Newbie to SageMC questions here:

Where is the Recording Conflicts screen? I tried adding the two internal "Handle conflict" screens, but neither of them show me the conflicts even though I have the yellow box with the red check in the upper right.

Do you have plans of implementing the predictive search option that was implemented in the V6 standard STV?

Is there a way to display the additional recording details that you get with the default STV? i.e. HDTV, 16x9, 1080i, AC3...

Is there a per tuner recording schedule view?
Closed Thread