SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Where is the Recording Conflicts screen? I tried adding the two internal "Handle conflict" screens, but neither of them show me the conflicts even though I have the yellow box with the red check in the upper right.
Go to the "Schedule" section, and change the top left button (by clicking on it), until it changes to "Conflicts." You'll also notice that there is one click in there that takes a while to do anything, this is "Premires" so if it doesn't change right away, just wait for it.

Quote:
Is there a way to display the additional recording details that you get with the default STV? i.e. HDTV, 16x9, 1080i, AC3...
When you are in a recording's details, hit the "Info" button on your remote! If you have comskip files, you'll also see the timebar with commercial breaks.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99

Do you have plans of implementing the predictive search option that was implemented in the V6 standard STV?
Maybe somewhere along the way, but this has not high priority right now

Quote:
Is there a per tuner recording schedule view?
I added the default STV code for the Parallel Programming Guide in 6.3.0 because this request came up a few times. It's not in the SageMC 'theme' yet, and is lacking a lot of functionality, but it's better than nothing for now. At some point I'll integrate it fully, but it can be a while. Link to the internal screen 'ParallelSchedules'

Dirk
Old 12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Dirk, you responded initially to this by saying "I always went with UNC paths, and never had any problems ..." Could you elaborate on this a little more?
I use a UNC path for the "Offline Path" setting in the SageMC options on the client, and I use the same UNC path for the Video Library Import directory on the server. Are you using a local path on your server ?

Dirk
Old 12-07-2006, 12:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I added the default STV code for the Parallel Programming Guide in 6.3.0 because this request came up a few times. It's not in the SageMC 'theme' yet, and is lacking a lot of functionality, but it's better than nothing for now. At some point I'll integrate it fully, but it can be a while. Link to the internal screen 'ParallelSchedules'

Dirk
Thank you!! This is the most missed screen/feature for me. With 4 tuners (soon to be 5) is nice to be able to see at a glance when I have a block of time free to reboot/upgrade sage.

Nick

P.s. any chance of adding minutes (i.e. in 5hrs 30 minutes or in 5.5 hrs) to the defuault upcoming recordings and schedule screen?
Old 12-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quick filter with SageMC?

Hi flachbar

Any way to use the typing quick filter that can be found in the hidden features in the original 6.0 stv with sagemc?

Its very useful when you have a lot of music and Sage, as you type, automatically narrow down the number of artists/albums.

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtengvad
Hi flachbar

Any way to use the typing quick filter that can be found in the hidden features in the original 6.0 stv with sagemc?
Nope, this is completely new code in the 6.0 default STV and does not exist in SageMC. I might add this at some point, but it might be a while

Dirk
Old 12-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Nope, this is completely new code in the 6.0 default STV and does not exist in SageMC. I might add this at some point, but it might be a while

Dirk
I'll wait patiently then

Thanks for the reply

rtengvad
Server: Win7 • SageTV v7.1.9 • GA-MA785GM-US2H • Athlon 64 X2 BE-2350 • 2 Gb RAM • 4x 1Tb WD RE-2 GP in RAID5, Adaptec 5405 Raid controller • 2x firewire DVB-C FloppyDTV C/CI, 1x TechnoTrend CT-3650 CI via the LM Smart DVB Recorder plug-in.

Clients: HD300 to a Samsung PS50C7705 (PN50C8000) via a DVDO Edge • HD200 • Placeshifter

Remote: Universal Remote Control MX-980
Old 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Dirk
If you are taking requests The way the default STV separates the program information, compared to SageMC is really nice. I am talking about separating who starred in a given show, guest stars, producer, executive producer, director, etc... SageMC just gives a list of everyone.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I use a UNC path for the "Offline Path" setting in the SageMC options on the client, and I use the same UNC path for the Video Library Import directory on the server. Are you using a local path on your server ?

Dirk
Ahh, finally found it. I was using UNC path for the "Offline Path" setting on the client and server, but was using a local path for the Library Import directory on the server...
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am not able to change themes. This worked before, but I just upgraded to the new RC of sage 5. I select a theme, then click exit sage. When I launch it I am back in the same theme I was before. Any ideas? Chad
Old 12-08-2006, 12:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman
I am not able to change themes. This worked before, but I just upgraded to the new RC of sage 5. I select a theme, then click exit sage. When I launch it I am back in the same theme I was before. Any ideas? Chad
Dirk recently changed the way themes are changed. I haven't tried it myself yet, so I don't know if there are any issues. I'll try it tonight and see what happens. In the mean time, you can change the theme manually. SageMC will just use the images in

...\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Images\

To change the theme manually you can:

1. Exit sage
2. Rename the Images folder if you want to back it up, otherwise just delete it.
3. Make a copy of the theme images folder that you want to use.
4. Rename the copy to 'Images'
5. Start sage

You should now have the new theme. Hope this helps.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone else seeing foreign titles being brought up when in the Google Videos section? It seems if i select top 100 and all the others that the majority of them are all foreign (as in non english titles). Any thoughts? I posted this in the beta section but i have a feeling since i'm using sagemc that this miht be related. Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Weather map source with variable names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moamoa
would be nice to put the BBC UK ones in, but the url is dynamic.. has date in it;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...y_06120812.jpg
can these be passed into the url some how like...?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...mmary_%Y%M%D12 .... sort of thing?
Quote:
Yes, if there is interest in this it can be done ...

Btw, I would suggest to post SageMC specific questions in the Customization forum, since I don't visit the international ones that frequently

Dirk
So here it is Dirk . I also include my last feedback in the other forum (so now this subject is where it should be):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis
Depending on the source of the maps, different URL variables may be needed. E.g., the one from the BBC has a YYMMDD12.jpg structure, but another source may have a MMDDYY.jpg structure. If one wants to link today and tomorrow, than it becomes YYMMDD12.jpg and YYMM(DD+1)12, and than you have the end-of-month issue. This may thus become a more complex coding to keep it flexible (but can be done of course).

A quick solution would already be to allow local files as .jpg's to be selected - now it only accepts URL's. Than a user could write a local script (e.g., using HTTPCOPY to download), the script would take care of the specific source naming requirements and would always create a local .jpg with a fixed name that would than be used in SageMC.

As suggested, I'll copy this message also in the customization forum.

Jan
Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Anyone else seeing foreign titles being brought up when in the Google Videos section? It seems if i select top 100 and all the others that the majority of them are all foreign (as in non english titles). Any thoughts? I posted this in the beta section but i have a feeling since i'm using sagemc that this miht be related. Thanks,
Juc
just confirmed that this is indeed a sagemc issue...
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
just confirmed that this is indeed a sagemc issue...
hehe...and all this time I just thought those foreign ones were the top 100!
Old 12-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure which part is at fault, the Automatic Aspect ratio switcher or SageMC 6.3.0, but when the "Show Debug Window on setting AR" is enabled, the info boxs will "hang" on when a recording is first started. The debug window will appear for 3-5 seconds, but the show info boxes stay. If I do an Info trigger, I can get the boxes to disappear, and all is well until the next show is watched. Then the same behaviour happens again.

If the debug window is disabled, then the plugn works 100%
Old 12-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Expert

Lookahead settings

I thought I had all the lookahead stuff set to 14 days. Apparently, I must have missed something. When searching for new shows, it seems to only look for two/three days ahead. How can I set it to look deeper?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 12-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I thought I had all the lookahead stuff set to 14 days. Apparently, I must have missed something. When searching for new shows, it seems to only look for two/three days ahead. How can I set it to look deeper?
See this THREAD.

With the info there and your calculator you'll be able to set it to what you want. I've still got mine set to 14 days with V6.0 of SageTV and it's working fine. However, some people say setting it to 14 days drastically impacts performance. <shrug>
Old 12-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
IF you already have the lookahead set to 14 days, but you just aren't getting a 14 day lookahead for premieres in SageMC, then go into the settings menu for SageMC. In the Main options there is an option for enable/disable "Show premieres" and then about 6 boxes down there is the option for the number of lookahead days.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Album view problem

There seems to be a couple of issue to do with "My Music" section;

1)
where two or more artist have the same album. If you have the following;

/music/bandA/bestof/*.mp3
/music/bandB/bestof/*.mp3

Then SageMC will show this as one album in the album view, titled "Best of" and by Various. When it should be two separate albums, by separate artists, who just happen to have the same album name.

2)
Copying a folder.jpg into a folder containing mp3's works fine. However, I have a number of folders with ogg files in. If I copy a folder.jpg into this folder it does not work. All ogg files are tagged correctly.