SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia
So when did this change and is their still a custom button in the STV for My TV?
You can assign a different Custom button (or none) for enabling the ticker in the ticker options.

Dirk
Old 01-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yeah, I just figured that out...if you reassign the RSS buttons to other custom buttons then Custom 1 goes back to working as My TV. Thanks guys!
Old 01-14-2007, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Sure...

One thing, the image http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...n_07011009.jpg was kept in %Y%D%M format for both logs. The format for the ss_summary image was swapped.

Cheers.
Ok, here's my last try on this...
Let me know if it works. Thanks !

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169-url-fix4.zip (457.2 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Which SageTV / SageMC version ?

Dirk

SageTV version 6.0.18

SageMC version 6.3.1
Old 01-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Comskip Timeline

I noticed today while watching my chargers LOSE a game they should have won that if you extend a show by adding time to the end time of a recording the timeline that shows for comskipping does not reflect the added time.. so the game was scheduled from 1:30 to 5:00, but I added 60 minutes to that.. I would have expected, and liked, to see the timeline reflect this.. once it got to the 3:30 hour mark the timeline and current position indicator reached the end of the line..

Is this by design, or it is something that can be fixed?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahb
SageTV version 6.0.18

SageMC version 6.3.1
Strange, I just tested this again, and it works fine here... How did you create the shortcut, what kind of program do you want to execute ? Make sure the link file has an extension of ".lnk", and that the filename without the extension doesn not end with "_i". Did you check in the task manager that the program has definitely not been started ?

And did you name the jpg the exact same name ? Also, please double-check that the Other Programs option in the SageMC settings is also pointing to c:\sageothers...

Dirk
Old 01-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Ok, here's my last try on this...
Let me know if it works. Thanks !

Dirk
That's the one

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 01-15-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Strange, I just tested this again, and it works fine here... How did you create the shortcut, what kind of program do you want to execute ? Make sure the link file has an extension of ".lnk", and that the filename without the extension doesn not end with "_i". Did you check in the task manager that the program has definitely not been started ?

And did you name the jpg the exact same name ? Also, please double-check that the Other Programs option in the SageMC settings is also pointing to c:\sageothers...

Dirk
I was trying to use the DVD burning plugin which creates the lnk and jpg files. When this did not work, I created a shortcut by right clicking in the folder and creating a shortcut named notepad.lnk. My shortcut is to notepad.exe. If I double click the shortcut Notepad will run. I just upgraded to version 6.0.19 of SageTV. This did not help.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone care to try this and see if it fixes the bloody 'Stop' ?

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_StopFix.zip (457.2 KB, 175 views)
Old 01-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
That fixed it! Sorry it took all of 3 minutes to test!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
That fixed it! Sorry it took all of 3 minutes to test!
Dude, next time please a little faster !

Thx ! Today I got the bloodbath myself on my dev client, and was finally able to try some stuff out. The fix was easy: I just had to reduce the font size of the 'Stop' label from 72 to 62 (everything above 62 will bring it back). I remembered the issue with the weather bar font size, and although this was different (a little more severe ), I think that it's also some issue in the Sage core with rendering large fonts.

Dirk
Old 01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Dude, next time please a little faster !
I'll try to get my act together!

Quote:
Thx ! Today I got the bloodbath myself on my dev client, and was finally able to try some stuff out. The fix was easy: I just had to reduce the font size of the 'Stop' label from 72 to 62 (everything above 62 will bring it back). I remembered the issue with the weather bar font size, and although this was different (a little more severe ), I think that it's also some issue in the Sage core with rendering large fonts.

Dirk
I kind of wondered if it was a font size issue, but had no real way to check it, or time. Glad its fixes, now I dont have to tell people about my murdering of the Stopped!
Old 01-15-2007, 07:02 PM
Sage Expert

selection sounds in placeshifter

also a proposed fix mentioned here for disabling sound if one is running a Remote UI
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
also a proposed fix mentioned here for disabling sound if one is running a Remote UI
Wouldn't you just go into SageMC settings and go to Main and then set Play sounds to disabled?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Wouldn't you just go into SageMC settings and go to Main and then set Play sounds to disabled?

Gerry
Yeah, I see this the same way...

Dirk
Old 01-15-2007, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Curious: is anyone else (using Overlay) sometimes having problems when switching aspect ratio modes in the OSD (not specific to SageMC though) ?

Dirk
Old 01-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
Sorry it took me so long, man, must seem like an eternity, compared to Kirby.

It's not completely gone on my system, but this particular case, seems to not have involved so many stab wounds as before, because the bleeding on this victim was not nearly as much. There are only a few blood stained lines running down the screen.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Sorry it took me so long, man, must seem like an eternity, compared to Kirby.

It's not completely gone on my system, but this particular case, seems to not have involved so many stab wounds as before, because the bleeding on this victim was not nearly as much. There are only a few blood stained lines running down the screen.
Interesting...
Whats the resolution you are running ? And Kirby, whats yours ?

If you are a little familiar with Studio you could search for "StopLabel" and change the font size of the child "Untitled" theme to less than 62 and see if it goes away completely

Dirk
Old 01-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky

Gerry
Yeah I do hear that. I like the tiki sounds myself but I suppose that would work.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Yeah I do hear that. I like the tiki sounds myself but I suppose that would work.
Well, don't forget that this is a client-side setting, so you can disable it on your MVP / Placeshifter and still enjoy it on your regular clients.

Dirk
Closed Thread