SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I'm using SaceMC on a server/client system, with the latest builds of SageMC and Sage... Oddly, I can't seem to find the menu to setup Google Video on the client. It works fine on the Server, but the client custom menus don't list the Google Video page as an option... Am I missing something? Any pointers?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotuitdan
Hi,

I'm using SaceMC on a server/client system, with the latest builds of SageMC and Sage... Oddly, I can't seem to find the menu to setup Google Video on the client. It works fine on the Server, but the client custom menus don't list the Google Video page as an option... Am I missing something? Any pointers?

Thanks!
Which 'SageMC STV Version' is listed in the 'Settings' menu on the right side ?

Dirk
Old 01-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Curious: is anyone else (using Overlay) sometimes having problems when switching aspect ratio modes in the OSD (not specific to SageMC though) ?

Dirk
Not sure exactly what you mean but I do run in overlay mode and at times:

I switch aspect settings and the picture kind of stays the same size and shape. I have to click around with other aspect modes until it finally expands.

Also, at times the little preview screen on lower left (when you exit TV mode with video still playing) when it minimizes, doesn't scale the video in proportion down to the size of the window and only shows a small portion of video (like lower left part of picture).

Same happens occasionally when you have video playing in small screen and you click to go to maximize video the entire screen goes black with the small window still in lower left corner playing video.

Not sure if it is not specific to SageMC though as I never leave the UI....

Nothing major but it happens...
-JD

Last edited by JDizzy; 01-15-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Dirk!

I've been following this thread closely, hoping to hear what you decided about those swapped Title/Tagline filelds in the database. Is there a chance you'll decide that it's worth fixing?

And also, you've fixed so many things in SageMC lately, but the version number is still stitting at 6.3.1. Could you consider bumping the version numbers more often, so people can be sure they are getting the fixed stuff?

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Curious: is anyone else (using Overlay) sometimes having problems when switching aspect ratio modes in the OSD (not specific to SageMC though)?
Are you using the new command that toggles from one AR mode to the next? Not sure if it is only that command when this happens...

Are any of the saspect ratio settings modified to custom values? I found that switching modes when using overlay didn't always result in the correct aspect ratio when he H & V stretch values were > 100%.

And, yes, this is not specific to SageMC.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
And also, you've fixed so many things in SageMC lately, but the version number is still stitting at 6.3.1. Could you consider bumping the version numbers more often, so people can be sure they are getting the fixed stuff?

Thanks!
v6.3.1 has only been out since Christmas. Before that the version was 6.3.0.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Interesting...
Whats the resolution you are running ? And Kirby, whats yours ?

If you are a little familiar with Studio you could search for "StopLabel" and change the font size of the child "Untitled" theme to less than 62 and see if it goes away completely

Dirk
1080p.

I will play around with it...
Old 01-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
1080p.

I will play around with it...
60pt works well for me. How do you center the text over the buttons? It now appears right justified.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
60pt works well for me. How do you center the text over the buttons? It now appears right justified.
Change 'AnchorX' of the 'StopLabel' panel, 0.5 should center it

Dirk
Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Andy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Are you using the new command that toggles from one AR mode to the next? Not sure if it is only that command when this happens...
No, it's when executing the old 'SetAspetRatioMode(mode)'. I haven't tried the new command yet...

Quote:
Are any of the saspect ratio settings modified to custom values? I found that switching modes when using overlay didn't always result in the correct aspect ratio when he H & V stretch values were > 100%.
Yep, I changed the "Height Zoom" of the Fill mode to 133% to get rid of the pillar boxes of 4:3 content without having the picture stretched...

Well, I found that temporarily increasing any of the zoom values by 1% and back while the video is playing fixes the issue and chooses the correct aspect ratio. So I simply added this additional code to the aspect ratio change actions, and it now works flawlessly ...

Dirk
Old 01-16-2007, 07:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan
Hi Dirk!

I've been following this thread closely, hoping to hear what you decided about those swapped Title/Tagline filelds in the database. Is there a chance you'll decide that it's worth fixing?
Yes, as you and others pointed out it just makes sense to get in sync with the default STV again. This will be included in the next update

Quote:
Actually, since 6.3.1 I only made public fixes to the dynamic weather map URLs for our european folks, nothing else... I usually put out a maintenance release after I have collected most of the bug reports for a new major release, but this time I got busy with a new server setup and other projects, so it will take a bit longer. I should have something out by the end of this week though

Dirk
Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis

Regarding the folders, I got something like you have. One top with subdirectories grouping movies and in each of these subdirectories with the actual movies (often only one file, sometimes I added a jpg). I have only the top folder in the video import, as you have, and it works great.

Jan
I'm sure I'd tried every single variation, but apparently not. I needed to do "File System," and "Folder." I hadn't noticed the "File System" option the first several times I tried.

Even with that set, though, I was still seeing "2 items" for single things--and removing ALL the import directories still didn't fix it: I ended up seeing one of each thing, but there was no way to update them. It was almost as though items were "stuck" in the database. It turns out they were.

I'd moved Sage to a new server by copying the Sage directory and installing on top of it. I'd found buried in a thread somewhere that Sage has a problem when you change server names (which I'd effectively done). Apparently it only updates entries in the database which were made by that server--leaving all my old entries still there. It's almost like the beginnings of an attempt to support multiple servers serving one database.

To fix it, I had to change the name of the new box to the old one and refresh the database (by adding and removing a channel from the channel lineup). Difficult to say the least, since the old name was still in use and was actually serving up recorded shows I didn't want removed from the database.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, as you and others pointed out it just makes sense to get in sync with the default STV again. This will be included in the next update
Thanks Dirk! That's what I've been waiting to hear.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Curious: is anyone else (using Overlay) sometimes having problems when switching aspect ratio modes in the OSD (not specific to SageMC though) ?
Dirk
Maybe - It seams as if since I did all of my upgrades in the last 48 hours, changing the aspect ratio in the OSD has either no effect or a minimal one. Adjusting a specific aspect ratio also doesn't seem to work anymore.

I was beginning to think it was related to my other problem, I couldn't get my SD recording to "stretch" to fill my 16:9 TV. I ended up going into the PureVideo settings and changed it to anamorphic/raw. That at least solved that problem.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Automatic Compression

Hi,

How do you get the automatic compression to create another copy rather than replacing the original? The option doesn't seem to show up in the "series recording" menu. I am using version 6.31.

Thanks!
Fyodor
Old 01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor
Hi,

How do you get the automatic compression to create another copy rather than replacing the original? The option doesn't seem to show up in the "series recording" menu. I am using version 6.31.

Thanks!
Fyodor
There is a setting that is set to "In Place Of," change this to the other setting (can't remember the name), and that should do it.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Change 'AnchorX' of the 'StopLabel' panel, 0.5 should center it

Dirk
Ah, thanks! Studio is a bit odd for me, but if I understand it, that setting is a like a percentage then? So .5 would be 50%?

Just wondering.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Well, don't forget that this is a client-side setting, so you can disable it on your MVP / Placeshifter and still enjoy it on your regular clients.

Dirk
Did not know that, thought it was global. Thanks Dirk
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ah, thanks! Studio is a bit odd for me, but if I understand it, that setting is a like a percentage then? So .5 would be 50%?
You got it

Dirk
Old 01-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You got it

Dirk
Thanks. That did it. It was set to 0.56 instead...

Jason.