SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Delete all playlists

Will this delete .m3u playlists from your hard drive or will it just remove the playlists from Sage?

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 03-28-2007, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdcknsn View Post
One question I have about syncback, I just got it installed today and am in the middle of setting it up. However, I cant seem to be able to backup the wiz.bin file. I get an error saying that the file is in use and cant be backed up. Is there some open file option I am missing? Thanks.
That's a strange one. Now that I think about it, I may have seen some similar behavior elsewhere. I also use syncback to backup some other folders on another computer system. I think I recall I occasionally had the same problem if I had syncback running on a different computer. There may have been some permissions issues. I worked around this by running syncback on the computer that actually contains the original files to be backed up. For my sage backups, I run syncback on the sage server and back up the sage folder to a network share. I have never had a problem with copying the wiz.bin file using this configuration. Are you trying to run syncback from a different computer than your sage server? I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 03-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

From reading the website, it looks like the pay for Syncback can copy locked files, it says that is one of the limitations of the free version. If you are using the free version, maybe it's an older one that didn't have that limitation? Just guessing now.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Love that tool, I use it for several things on my systems.

I use it to backup my music collection, and to backup my home videos.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Just noticed that the weather section of this stv is still saying it is nighttime? Its showing a moon. It is 10:22am. Seems like the weather's time is off--possibly at weather.com? But-both my system clock and sage are reporting accurate times.
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 04-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone else noticing that when updating to new versions of SageTV, the "Shutdown" icon is always missing when changing from the default STV to SageMC? I have to manually kill it, then restart, and it's back. Seems like it started happening recently.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Anyone else noticing that when updating to new versions of SageTV, the "Shutdown" icon is always missing when changing from the default STV to SageMC? I have to manually kill it, then restart, and it's back. Seems like it started happening recently.
Yup, I get it as well. I also notice that the background isnt' correct and the diskbar is stuck on Updating. I just restart it and it is all good. I asssumed that it just needed the restart to get everything loaded up correctly. I do the restart anyways to make sure that the various plugins like the Favorites Excluder get propertly started.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I asssumed that it just needed the restart to get everything loaded up correctly. I do the restart anyways to make sure that the various plugins like the Favorites Excluder get propertly started.

Yes, this is right. If you load the SageMC for the first time (e.g. after an upgrade), you will need to restart the UI in order to initialize certain SageMC specifig data correctly. I'll address this issue at some point...

Dirk
Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Sounds good, just didn't know if it was just me. I usually do two reboots after installing a new version of SageTV anyway, the first, to get back the nVidia decoder...
Old 04-03-2007, 10:41 AM
SageTVaholic

I am FINALLY ready to jump on the SageMC bandwagon!!

Okay... I am FINALLY ready to jump on the SageMC bandwagon. The instructions to install look pretty straight forward. However, I am curious about two things:

1) How do I install the black theme... I think it's called iTV. Are there any limitations to using this particular look as far as newly added menu options go?
Does it look good with the glassy icons, etc?

2) If I want to add add-ons such as SageMC MovieTimes, do I add them on the same way I would do in the standard SageTV 6 interface? Also, are all these plugins compatible with the iTV look (black theme).

PS: Is video in the background supported yet?

Thanks,
Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Michael, There are a few minor issues in the latest iTV with the latest SageMC that I will try to address in the next couple of days. It does some tweaking to some of the themes structures. When you run the iTV import it copies the STV theme graphics for you.

There should not be any problem adding other imports with the iTV import.

Glassy icons look good to me with it.

Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Okay... I am FINALLY ready to jump on the SageMC bandwagon. The instructions to install look pretty straight forward. However, I am curious about two things:

1) How do I install the black theme... I think it's called iTV. Are there any limitations to using this particular look as far as newly added menu options go?
Does it look good with the glassy icons, etc?

2) If I want to add add-ons such as SageMC MovieTimes, do I add them on the same way I would do in the standard SageTV 6 interface? Also, are all these plugins compatible with the iTV look (black theme).

PS: Is video in the background supported yet?

Thanks,
Michael
Old 04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Morgan, that will be perfect timing if you can update it. I already set aside my Saturday get get a clean copy of SageTV 6 + SageMC + iTV to all work. Also, looking forward to adding slimplayer and movietimes for sageMC! Thanks for all your work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Michael, There are a few minor issues in the latest iTV with the latest SageMC that I will try to address in the next couple of days. It does some tweaking to some of the themes structures. When you run the iTV import it copies the STV theme graphics for you.

There should not be any problem adding other imports with the iTV import.

Glassy icons look good to me with it.

Morgan

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

The download area for SageMC says

Quote:
The latest full SageMC16x9 6.3.2c installation package (32 MB)

Note: this STV will only work with SageTV 6.0
Does anyone know how long it may take to make MC compatible with the new 6.1?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post

Thanks
Haven't seen any issues with SageMC on 6.1.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
Hi,

The download area for SageMC says

Quote:
The latest full SageMC16x9 6.3.2c installation package (32 MB)

Note: this STV will only work with SageTV 6.0

Thanks
I think that was intended to mean that the current version of SageMC is not compatible with versions of SageTV older than 6.0.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

YouTube

Maybe I am blind as a bat but where is youtube in SageMC??
Old 04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Maybe I am blind as a bat but where is youtube in SageMC??
You have to follow the instructions in this post:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=3741

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I have 1 question and 1 (potential) issue with Sage MC.
Im running the latest version of Sage and SageMC.

Question:-
When in the video library, I have all my cover art for my DVD's showing fine, however I would like to select the movie and have it start playing, straight the way instead of displaying the meta data about the movie 1'st. Is this possible ?

Potential Issue :-
I have my videos structured as follows.

c:\kids films\kids films\
within the 2'nd kids films directory, I have all my movies in thier own folders.
What Im getting when I navigate to 'my videos' is that DVD rips show up with the following title:-

/kids films/Brother Bear 2

wheras AVI containing folders show up correctly e.g
Brother Bear 2

I've changed the display options to only show the folder image, not the folder image and title as a temporary workaround.

Is this an issue or do I just need to configure something ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
Old 04-06-2007, 05:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkimar View Post
Hi,

I have 1 question and 1 (potential) issue with Sage MC.
Im running the latest version of Sage and SageMC.

Question:-
When in the video library, I have all my cover art for my DVD's showing fine, however I would like to select the movie and have it start playing, straight the way instead of displaying the meta data about the movie 1'st. Is this possible ?
I'm pretty sure you can hit the play button while the desired video is highlighted and it should start playing directly.

Sorry I can't help with the second issue.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

When I enable dynamic menus I lose the "Other Programs" on the main menu.
Is there a way to get that option with dynamic menus enabled?

I thought I might have messed up the original sagemc menu so I replaced it with the original with no luck.

Just need "Other Programs" for Sage Video tools, and I like the names and order I have set up so I would like to continue using dynamic menus.
(I did run a search, it ignored "other" as too common, and of course refered me to theis thread)