SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Mike. I am still a sageMC newbie, so trying to catch up. I do want a back button and min/max window button, but just little discrete buttons. The toolbar is a bit too much for me and takes away from the overall look of SageTV.. but that's just my taste. Thanks again for all your information. You even helped me with your "disable 'Curr Time Marker in EPG" suggestion.

I am curious though what Dirk has against mouse-only usage. On the standard STV, you have the option to enable those or disable them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Dirk has a policy of no mouse-only icons in SageMC. The 'invisible back button' is a documented feature that was added in one of the recent releases. If you want an actual back button and window/fullscreen toggle, check out my Toolbar plugin. It was developed specifically to address some of the gaps in using SageMC with a mouse. HTH

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I am curious though what Dirk has against mouse-only usage. On the standard STV, you have the option to enable those or disable them.
I don't know if it is really an anti-mouse desire, but that SageMC was originally designed as a Remote-usage UI. Flachbar took over the reigns when mlbdude was unable to further the mod. He has added in much more mouse support over what it originally had, but, IMO, is probably trying to not alienate his original remote crowd by altering SageMC with mouse icons if he can help it. If a mouse icon can be added as enable/disable and not mess up the rest of the UI, then no big deal.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, that's what I was hoping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
...If a mouse icon can be added as enable/disable and not mess up the rest of the UI, then no big deal.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Mike. I am still a sageMC newbie, so trying to catch up. I do want a back button and min/max window button, but just little discrete buttons. The toolbar is a bit too much for me and takes away from the overall look of SageTV.. but that's just my taste. Thanks again for all your information. You even helped me with your "disable 'Curr Time Marker in EPG" suggestion.

You're welcome.

It might not be clear from my write-up, but during normal operation my toolbar is rolled up and completely invisible. To use it, you just move the mouse curser to the top of the screen and the toolbar will roll down for use. When you are done, it will disappear. I'm not trying to force you to try it or anything. I just wanted to clarify that the toolbar doesn't just sit there covering the top 10% of your UI all the time.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 04-25-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Hi Jack,

it's just a matter of defining the the import directory itself with a UNC path.

Let's say e.g. your video directory on the server is "D:\data\videos". You would share this folder e.g. as "Videos", and specify "\\servername\Videos" in SageTV for the import directory.

Note that the above change will only affect new imported files, the existing ones will remain in the database with the old path.

Dirk
Thanks for the help flachbar. Setting the UNC paths didn't fix the problem. I set the paths, rebooted both machines, removed them, rebooted both machines, reset the paths, no joy. Nothing worked until I removed the hyphen in the servers name then like magic everything was fine. I do some of my best shooting in the dark

THX again,
Jack
Old 04-26-2007, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Got it.. here's the logfile. BTW: I'm using SageMC 6.32c

Thanks!!!!
Hmm, can't really see anything out of the normal, except those two FlacDecoder exceptions. Can you test if you get the same exceptions with the working default STV too ?

Dirk
Old 04-26-2007, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It looks like a have valuable real estate thats being wasted at the bottom of my screen which could be used to fit more row. Dirk, or anyone, would you be kind enough to tell me how to make more room for the guide bars on the screen? I dont mind going into Studio to do it if that's the only way.

PS: The channel logo doesnt appear to be centered. Is there a way to fix that?
Hmmh, I don't see *that* much free space on my HDTV TV I'll have a look at the code as soon as I have my dev client up and running again. It will probably be necessary to change this in Studio manually...

Dirk
Old 04-26-2007, 06:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Is this location based on the 'minutes' you have already been watching the show, so next time it restart at x minutes?
If yes, than my question is, would it be feasible to add an option in the play menu "Start at ...", where than a parameter is to be entered indicating at how many minutes into the show you would like to have it started.
Hi Jan,

the "resume position" functionality is handled transparently by the Sage core, there is no extra code in SageMC for this, thus it cannot be changed. Bob wrote a plugin that seems to achieve exactly what you want, but I'm not sure if it will work in SageMC...

Dirk
Old 04-26-2007, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakker View Post
I don't get the reboots, but on videos I also get no ff/rw, I can only use the jump 10 seconds, which is tough in a 2 hour movie that you only want the last 10 mins of
I had the same problems, but I remapped the buttons to use back/fwd#2 instead of smooth back/fwd, it works really the best on the MVP...

Dirk
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
This may be a core or decoder issue, but does ffwd work for everyone else with the DVD player? When I hit ffwd it's more like slow-mo, then if I get it up to 16x Sage just locks up.
I had the same problem, but the default STV didn't make a difference either. One of the reasons I am now using Zoom player for my DVDs...

Dirk
Old 04-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Possible Bug

I recently upgraded to java 6_1 and Sage 6.1.9.

I decided to switch around themes today (On an MVP), got tired of the current one. After changing to one of the other themes, I decided to try another. Upon clicking the theme selection window, no image showed up for one of them. As i was flipping through the others, their preview images were for the wrong theme. Blue Two was shown for Project X for example. Plus, MC was just completely blank. IF i click it, it brings up an error window that the folder does not exist.

The entire theme section was corrupt. I later tried to do the same on my server, but those folders were missing and out of order as well.

I inspected the file system and had something similar to this:

Images
Images.previou1
Images.previou2
Images.previou3
Images_bm_m.0
Images_mm.00

All of the folders seem to have gotten themselves mixed up and renamed.

I eventually went through by hand renaming them to what I thought they should be and at least got my original theme working again.

My only guess is the java upgrade since this is unrelated to sage core and it worked fine before the upgrades.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
Is this location based on the 'minutes' you have already been watching the show, so next time it restart at x minutes?
If yes, than my question is, would it be feasible to add an option in the play menu "Start at ...", where than a parameter is to be entered indicating at how many minutes into the show you would like to have it started.
Quote:
Hi Jan,

the "resume position" functionality is handled transparently by the Sage core, there is no extra code in SageMC for this, thus it cannot be changed. Bob wrote a plugin that seems to achieve exactly what you want, but I'm not sure if it will work in SageMC...

Dirk
I can definitely say that my plugin will not work with SageMC since it looks for the standard MediaPlayer menu and SageMC has a differently named menu for the MediaPlayer. Also even if they were the same it is doubtful that the links in the plugin would work. I insert code at very specific points on the various listeners for this to work.

BobP.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I can definitely say that my plugin will not work with SageMC since it looks for the standard MediaPlayer menu and SageMC has a differently named menu for the MediaPlayer. Also even if they were the same it is doubtful that the links in the plugin would work. I insert code at very specific points on the various listeners for this to work.

BobP.
Wel, that's a pitty ...

I would have expected that SageTV had to store somewhere the location where you were when you stopped the video last time, so it knows where to restart next time. So although it is the SageTV core function that handle's the restart, if one could 'manipulate' that stored data, would it than not be possible to create a kind of 'goto' function?

Hmm, maybe clearly a question of somebody who has no clue what's all behind this functionality

Thanks though for having given me already all that feedback, it's appreciated!

Jan
Old 04-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat View Post
Possible Bug

I recently upgraded to java 6_1 and Sage 6.1.9.

I decided to switch around themes today (On an MVP), got tired of the current one. After changing to one of the other themes, I decided to try another. Upon clicking the theme selection window, no image showed up for one of them. As i was flipping through the others, their preview images were for the wrong theme. Blue Two was shown for Project X for example. Plus, MC was just completely blank. IF i click it, it brings up an error window that the folder does not exist.

The entire theme section was corrupt. I later tried to do the same on my server, but those folders were missing and out of order as well.

I inspected the file system and had something similar to this:

Images
Images.previou1
Images.previou2
Images.previou3
Images_bm_m.0
Images_mm.00

All of the folders seem to have gotten themselves mixed up and renamed.

I eventually went through by hand renaming them to what I thought they should be and at least got my original theme working again.

My only guess is the java upgrade since this is unrelated to sage core and it worked fine before the upgrades.
Same here...
Didn't upgrade Java, just SAgeTV 6.19 and SageMC 6.3.2c
Old 04-27-2007, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Same here...
Didn't upgrade Java, just SAgeTV 6.19 and SageMC 6.3.2c
Same here Projectx pic was missing. I didnt upgrade Java either.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Could it be the way themes are being handled now? I notice, when you select a theme, that themes images_xxx folder goes away, which I assume, is being copied to the generic images directory. Then when you switch themes, it copies what is in the generic images directory, to the original directory, then copies the new theme selection to the generic images directory, then deletes the images_xxx of that theme.

I'm not sure, but I am not positive how well this would work if you had different themes on your MVPs...I haven't looked at how themes on the MVP are done recently, so I could be just shooting in the dark...
Old 04-27-2007, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Could it be the way themes are being handled now? I notice, when you select a theme, that themes images_xxx folder goes away, which I assume, is being copied to the generic images directory. Then when you switch themes, it copies what is in the generic images directory, to the original directory, then copies the new theme selection to the generic images directory, then deletes the images_xxx of that theme.
Actually, in the newer SageMC versions there is no copying done at all any more. When you switch a theme, the current "Images" folder will get renamed to the original theme folder, and the new theme folder will get renamed to "Images"...

Quote:
I'm not sure, but I am not positive how well this would work if you had different themes on your MVPs...I haven't looked at how themes on the MVP are done recently, so I could be just shooting in the dark...
One thing to bear in mind is that any MVP and the server share the SageTV directory on the server, and thus also their theme directories. If you run a client on the server machine, you will run into problems when changing themes from the MVP...

But I'll check out if theme switching should work in general on the MVP...

Dirk
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Sage User

SageMC on Linux

I've got SageTV installed on Linux, but have looked for all over the forums for instructions on installing SageMC on it. The windows instructions appear similiar and look clear except for the first step:

- download and extract the full SageMC installation package here and extract it to your SageTV install directory (which contains SageTV.exe), e.g. C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV. Make sure to extract all files with preserving the folder structure/

I've not tried this yet, but what would be the equivalent dir on linux? /opt/SageTV/Server?

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:12 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry in advance if I missed this earlier in the thread, but at some point my SageMC started freaking out if I hit play on my remote during dvd playback. I have to use the "info" button on my Harmony to pull up the timebar, but that also pulls up the big info box at the top. I used to be able to hit play during playback and the timebar would pop up for a few seconds. Now when I hit play it seems to randomly jump to some previous portion of the movie and play from there. This isn't a problem if the movie's paused - it works properly and just starts playing again like it should. But if it's in the middle of playing and I hit play, it will jump to another part of the movie.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Old 04-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi all...
Is SageMC suitable for 4x3 format ? I am setting it up on a small 34cm TV for my bedroom..

thanks

**** Never mind.. it's always the way. You find the answer after asking the question.. The answer is YES ! ****

Last edited by vvulture; 04-28-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Closed Thread