SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Anybody else not getting the correct folder heirarchy showing in the latest Beta (6.2.4)?

I can't be positive that the beta changed this, but it's the only change I've made recently that I can think of. ?
Yup, 6.2 changed some functionality in the API so that all the custom stvs and stvis have to be updated to match the new functionality.

flachbar released SageMC6.3.3b which is supposed to fix the problem. It did for me, but others have stated that it didn't fix the problem.

If that doesn't work for you, I posted a fixed file that fixed the folder issue, but apparantly there is still some picture viewing issues, which I dont' use, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=4278 . Or try twieder's SageMCEnhancements, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26111 , which has the fix as well.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Sage Expert

Does the latest version of SageMC let you use your mouse to click on the timeline of a recording to jump to a specific time?

If not, is there a way for SageMC to seek or jump to a specific time within a recording? For example, I would like to jump to minute 80 out of my 2 hour show. Rather than click Fast Forward an insane amount of times, I'd like to simply jump to that many minutes within the show. Any ideas?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 07-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Yup, 6.2 changed some functionality in the API so that all the custom stvs and stvis have to be updated to match the new functionality.

flachbar released SageMC6.3.3b which is supposed to fix the problem. It did for me, but others have stated that it didn't fix the problem.

If that doesn't work for you, I posted a fixed file that fixed the folder issue, but apparantly there is still some picture viewing issues, which I dont' use, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=4278 . Or try twieder's SageMCEnhancements, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26111 , which has the fix as well.
Thanks, I'll check those options out!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Sage Expert

large black square in middle video playback

That's a distinct possibility. I don't see the option though. Where would I find that? No words appear on the screen when I play a recording.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarr View Post
Just a guess, but do you have any closed captioning turned on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I have a big black square in the center of all my video files. I can still see all the standard tv recordings but all the videos regarless of type, show a big black square taking out only the center of the video while I am able to see the video playing in full detail on the sides.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Any hope of getting the Read & Write Metadata Files for Default STV v2.1.7 stvi integrated into SageMC?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

When you import the meta-date from DVDProfiler, the Edition tag is imported as Episode and when Episode is imported (exists), the description isn't shown in SageMC. Pretty odd.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

[OT]

Hi guys! I'm still alive, just to let you know. I started a new job in another state, and the last 2 months have just been really busy. Add on top of that a 4 month old, and basically, you know what you get...no SageTV time. In fact, I'm coming back this weekend, so I can hopefully clear out some much needed hard drive space...well, among visiting my most favorite two family members!

Anyway, hope you all have been having fun, and I look forward to getting back into chatting with you all. It could likely be another month or more, before I get a chance to even say the word Sage...

(Thank goodness for the Webserver!)

Have a nice day!

[/OT]
Old 08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
When you import the meta-date from DVDProfiler, the Edition tag is imported as Episode and when Episode is imported (exists), the description isn't shown in SageMC. Pretty odd.
The dvdprofiler integration has quite a few issues with it. I gave up on it and am not just trying to get the kids DVD's that IMDB doesn't know about uploaded into IMDB so I can just use that.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
The dvdprofiler integration has quite a few issues with it. I gave up on it and am not just trying to get the kids DVD's that IMDB doesn't know about uploaded into IMDB so I can just use that.

Thanks,
Mike
Really? I honestly think it is pretty good and that is the only issue that I've found with it. I've only imported about 32 DVDs so far, but I'm only importing them into one main directory (Root/DVD/VIDEO_TS) and have set that main directory as a video import directory.

What kind of problems are you experiencing?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJake View Post
Really? I honestly think it is pretty good and that is the only issue that I've found with it. I've only imported about 32 DVDs so far, but I'm only importing them into one main directory (Root/DVD/VIDEO_TS) and have set that main directory as a video import directory.

What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Look at my posts in this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=25326&page=5

I can't seem to get the meta-data cleaned up.

Thx
Mike
Old 08-03-2007, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
Look at my posts in this thread: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...t=25326&page=5

I can't seem to get the meta-data cleaned up.

Thx
Mike
Well, to be fair, problems with cleaning up the meta-data actually haven't much to do with the DVDProfiler integration, but with the Sage core

Dirk
Old 08-04-2007, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by opy01 View Post
Same here, anyone working on fixing this or have a clue how to get it working?
Are you using Vista ? I have the same problem on my Vista client (XP is fine), and I have been told that this is a known issue, and a fix is on its way. Try to disable the optimized image loader (Setup / Advanced in the default STV) as a workaround...

Dirk
Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Sage User

Little annoying problem

Hi, I'm using SageMC in a client sage, and I cant get the back_on_stop feature work. I'm using zoomplayer as an external media and I dont know more what I can do. Apreciate any tips.

This is the command to start zoom player
"C:\Program Files\Zoom Player\zplayer.exe" "\\hfsserver\SageTv\%~nx1" /F /Q /PLAY /CLOSE
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I don't think the 'back-on-stop' feature will help you if you are using Zoomplayer to play the media. Zoomplayer has no idea you have set Sage to go back on stop.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Sage User

Its strange because in the server, after playing a file with zoom player, it returns correctly to the last menu... So I think that I'm doing something wrong...

[]s Humberto
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Sage User

Comparing the two properties files a discovery the trick: mlbdude/use_external_sleep_first=false

[]s Humberto
Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Sage Icon

...interesting, what does that property do?

So when you press keys on the remote to control Zoom Player is Sage getting the keypresses at the same time? Otherwise how does each app know what the other is doing?
Old 08-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
Does the latest version of SageMC let you use your mouse to click on the timeline of a recording to jump to a specific time?

If not, is there a way for SageMC to seek or jump to a specific time within a recording? For example, I would like to jump to minute 80 out of my 2 hour show. Rather than click Fast Forward an insane amount of times, I'd like to simply jump to that many minutes within the show. Any ideas?
I'd like to know how to do that too. Currently, I use the Time Scroll feature. I set the Time Scroll jump to 2-5 minutes so it doesn't take as many clicks. But even then you just get in the ballpark.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Sage Icon

Can anyone verify a recording issue I have? If I try to record a show I am watching live, it will begin to stutter and playback only the last ~1/2 sec of video that was playing when I hit record. If I then cancel the recording and try to start the recording from the guide while not watching the show it will still not work and only show the part of the show that was live before I attempted the recording. This is using the 6.2.5 beta and SageMC 6.3.3b
Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Sage User

Question Imported Videos

Hi, I did a quick search of the forum - and also did a lot of looking amongst the menus and didn't find a way to referesh the "Imported Videos" directory(s). Could someone clue me in?

TIA,
Mark
Closed Thread