SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Can I just copy over the whole package to the sageTV directory? How do I do this without losing all my sageMC settings... including toolbar stuff, graphics, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I believe some changes were made specifically to
support the new theme apparatus. Hopefully the new Jars will help.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shield View Post
My wife and I will be watching a show, and all of a sudden the On Screen Display will pop up, showing the title information at the top and the progress bar at the bottom. The remote is untouched several feet away. I have to hit the left button once or the options button twice to get it to go away. Sometimes it goes away after a few seconds on its own, but I've seen it stay with the OSD on for 60+ seconds.
Have you added any imported files just before this happens. I've seen the same behavior when I add some videos to my import folder. Once the scan is complete, the OSD will pop up (happens in SageMC and the defaultUI). Its a bug, but it doesn't bother me, and actually is a nice notification to me that Sage found new files.

Quote:
Any ideas what I can check?
are you running the debug log? You could look in there and see if there is anything that jumps out as wrong. Or you could keep a log of the time that the OSD pops up, and then send logs with that time frame to Sage support.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Can I just copy over the whole package to the sageTV directory? How do I do this without losing all my sageMC settings... including toolbar stuff, graphics, etc...
Your SageMC settings are within the properties file, which is nothing the SageMC installation copies over (in other words, there is no properties file that is overwritten when you install SageMC).

Every version of SageMC that I have installed has had the same theme when I reloaded SageMC (except for the time that the theme system was changed).
Old 11-24-2007, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the only thing that might be overwritten would be your menu definition file for the Dynamic Menus. I would make a copy of your whole SageTV directory before installing the full SageMC. That way you can recover anything that you might need.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-24-2007, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

My whole theme is based off the iTV theme... how can I make this work with the new SageMC? I've spent a lot of time on my custom theme based off the iTV theme. Can someone please help?

Maybe there's at least some kind of hack where I can get all the images I have for my iTV moded theme to be used instead of the liquid theme? I think the 1920 black liquid theme is close enough.... I already tried to copy the files from my old images folder into the new Theme's subfolder... but it looks like there is more to it than just that *sigh*

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 11-24-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My whole theme is based off the iTV theme... how can I make this work with the new SageMC? I've spent a lot of time on my custom theme based off the iTV theme. Can someone please help?

Maybe there's at least some kind of hack where I can get all the images I have for my iTV moded theme to be used instead of the liquid theme? I think the 1920 black liquid theme is close enough.... I already tried to copy the files from my old images folder into the new Theme's subfolder... but it looks like there is more to it than just that *sigh*
Zip up and send me your theme. I'll format it for you so you will just have to drop the new theme into your ...\SageMCE\Themes folder and select it. PM me if you need my e-mail address again. I should be able to get it done by the end of the weekend.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-24-2007, 03:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Mike.. youve got mail...

Quote:
Zip up and send me your theme. I'll format it for you so you will just have to drop the new theme into your ...\SageMCE\Themes folder and select it. PM me if you need my e-mail address again. I should be able to get it done by the end of the weekend.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Have you added any imported files just before this happens. I've seen the same behavior when I add some videos to my import folder. Once the scan is complete, the OSD will pop up (happens in SageMC and the defaultUI). Its a bug, but it doesn't bother me, and actually is a nice notification to me that Sage found new files.

are you running the debug log? You could look in there and see if there is anything that jumps out as wrong. Or you could keep a log of the time that the OSD pops up, and then send logs with that time frame to Sage support.
Hmmm. Perhaps that's what's happening. I do have the "periodically scan for new media" enabled - I'll shut it off.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I definitely have the latest Java... as far as the jars go.. i doubt they are out of date... they currently support just a slightly older version of SageMC... but I'll re-copy the jars over from the full SageMC package to see what happens...

Thanks for the tips!
I would stop the Sage service to make sure the new jars get copied in and that they get restarted. Stopping the service may not be necessary but restarting it so the new jars load is. I also had to amke sure I defined background.jpg in the options.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Sage Expert

Is there any way to get the new online videos option from the latest beta in SageMC? I looked but couldn't find it in the internal screens in dynamic menus.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

I wanted to mention that I upgraded to SageTV 6.3.2 and so far it working fine with SageMC but 1 thing is that the part where it pop-up alerting you that SageTV want to change the channel for an upcoming recording is using default SageTV fonts/color and themes. Before the upgrade it was using the SageMC fonts/color themes.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Sage User

Is there a way to customize Guide By Channel number of rows?

I would like to be able to browse more than the 5 default rows in the Guide By Channel. I can customize the normal guide screen for 4-20 rows, but the settings have no effect in the Guide By Channel screen. I do not see any separate options for setting the number of rows. Is there any way to accomplish this? If not, can this be a request for a future veresion?

Thanks all.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Requrest

Would it be possible at the end of watching a video in "My Videos" to return to the last screen when the video is over, instead of being on a blank screen? Or is there a way to currently do this?

After my daughter is done watching a video, I sometimes forget it does this, and think somethings wrong, as well as other family members...
Old 11-25-2007, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Would it be possible at the end of watching a video in "My Videos" to return to the last screen when the video is over, instead of being on a blank screen? Or is there a way to currently do this?

After my daughter is done watching a video, I sometimes forget it does this, and think somethings wrong, as well as other family members...
Hi Jason,

I bet you're watching a ripped DVD where you didn't rip the menus, right? What you are probably seeing is the internal DVD player trying to return to the non-existent root DVD menu. If you convert to another video format, the other player should be used instead and you shouldn't have this problem.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Group movies in a folder for Recorded TV

I just enabled an option to group titles in their own folders in Recorded TV. I can't seem to get it to group the movies in a folder though.. they are all scattered all over the place. I could have sworn this feature was added recently... maybe I overlooked it in the sageMC options??

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Jason,

I bet you're watching a ripped DVD where you didn't rip the menus, right? What you are probably seeing is the internal DVD player trying to return to the non-existent root DVD menu. If you convert to another video format, the other player should be used instead and you shouldn't have this problem.

Aloha,
Mike
Yep, that is right, didn't think it would be trying to do that, but it makes since, doesn't it?

Is there a lossless format that I can convert it to using DVD Shrink, or would I need to use some other tool?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yep, that is right, didn't think it would be trying to do that, but it makes since, doesn't it?

Is there a lossless format that I can convert it to using DVD Shrink, or would I need to use some other tool?
VideoRedo can convert it to a regular mpeg2 file without any transcoding.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
VideoRedo can convert it to a regular mpeg2 file without any transcoding.

Aloha,
Mike
I haven't looked at that recently, but is that a paid program? If so, I wonder if there is somehow to do it using Sony Vegas? I have that, so that wouldn't be an issue, if possible.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't looked at that recently, but is that a paid program? If so, I wonder if there is somehow to do it using Sony Vegas? I have that, so that wouldn't be an issue, if possible.
Videoredo is a commercial program, but it is _so_ worth it. EP's Video Tools might be able to do it as well.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Weird bug IMDB related...

I just noticed when I click on a movie's program info, there's a blue down-arrow where the movie poster is supposed to be (when the picture is downloading).. then, it disapears without any kind of picture... the only way to see the actual picture is to go out of the screen and go back into it.

Can anyone confirm that this is a bug?

***RIP SageTV***
Closed Thread