SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Question for you Mike, what decoder are you using? I remember reading that the original plug-in worked with Sage's built-in decoder, and that if you were using PureVideo decoders, that it wouldn't work, or would require a lot of tweaking.
Hi Jason,

I just have the SageTV decoder on my development computer. I haven't tried it with the nVidia decoder. The same limitations that affect the original import will also apply here.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: FYI, I just got permission post the SageMC port for nielm's Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW plugin. Look for it in a few days.

Last edited by MeInMaui; 12-03-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Multispeed Continuous FF/REW Import for SageMC Now Available

Well that went quicker than I expected.

Download here.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-04-2007, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Download here.

Aloha,
Mike

I'll be trying this tonight, thanks for the birthday present, Mike!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Download here.

Aloha,
Mike
Awesome! Thanks Mike and Nielm,
Old 12-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Download here.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike, I think there is an added directory that shouldn't be there in the zip file, but correct me if I'm wrong...
Old 12-05-2007, 01:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Mike, I think there is an added directory that shouldn't be there in the zip file, but correct me if I'm wrong...
Doh! I always do that!

It's fixed now. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Doh! I always do that!

It's fixed now. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Thanks. Works pretty good on my end. Not exactly as smooth as a VCR (should it be?), but better than hitting the FF button several times, etc. I'm also using the nVidia decoders. I switched to the SageTV decoders, and saw no improvement.

I may need to play around with some of the settings.

Great job on porting this Mike, I've always wanted to use it, but SageMC comes first.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
The Online Services that was added in the latest Sage betas is not listed on the internal screens list for the dynamic menu under SageMC.

I see there is a manual cut & paste of XML available to make it show up on the non-SageMC dynamic menus, but it doesn't work for MC.

Can someone shed some light?

I know... I know... I can hear it now - "Jeez, the beta just came out! Give us a second!".
bump.. can we get this ?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

My wife is making me ask this. It boggles the mind because six months ago she hated the idea, BUT:

Can SageMC be amde to group recordings together like the default interface does? (ie: if you have 5 recordings of Cooking With Vodka, can it group those five episodes into a folder?)

I looked in the configuration menus but I couldn't find anything about it, though I thought I was sure I read about this typ eof functionality at one point.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

In the big list of Sage Recordings you can change how it sorts from the buttons on the right hand side (by group/date recorded/orig) and if you do it by group I think it does what your asking.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
In the big list of Sage Recordings you can change how it sorts from the buttons on the right hand side (by group/date recorded/orig) and if you do it by group I think it does what your asking.
Yeah, I was just coming back to post that I found it. For some reason I didn't think to look under the sort order for that option, as I would still think you would want to be able to either sort alphabetically or sort by date even when grouping.

It looks like it sorts by date when grouping, as nearly as I can tell.

I also found in the options section where you can control the setting for whether or not to display the folder icon, etc. I didn't notice the first time I went in that when you go into the "screen specific options" that the menu on the left had changed to let me choose which screen to configure. Oops.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
Yeah, I was just coming back to post that I found it. For some reason I didn't think to look under the sort order for that option, as I would still think you would want to be able to either sort alphabetically or sort by date even when grouping.

It looks like it sorts by date when grouping, as nearly as I can tell.
Grouped" does group the shows and then sort by date, but "Sort by Title" groups the shows and sorts them alphabetically.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Grouped" does group the shows and then sort by date, but "Sort by Title" groups the shows and sorts them alphabetically.
And "Group by Orig" groups them in the order they were originally broadcast, my favorite... Useful if you are coming into a show between seasons.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Gosh I wish there was an option to keep all the movies in one folder. It doesn't make much sense to have them scattered all over the place.

Quote:
And "Group by Orig" groups them in the order they were originally broadcast, my favorite... Useful if you are coming into a show between seasons.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

can't.... wait.... any..... longer..... must.... ask.... obvious... annoying question...... curiosity....killing....me

can we expect a new sagemc anytime soon so we can use the new online stuff?

there, it's out. i apologize for my impatience and am eternally grateful to the designers of sagemc. Just the other day my neighbor said, "Hey you got the new Microsoft Media Center!" and I geeked out on him until his ears bled.

"It skips commercials?? Holy..."
Old 12-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was testing out the new Sage Beta 6.3.3, have yet to try the new 6.3.4 but I think it will be the same with it as well.

Here is the issue I found, Using both standard themes and my favorite the foforaw.

In the video section the cover art seems to get messed up for the DVD's, now if I revert to 6.2.10 everything is peachy. see the following screencap for an example.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...eoscramble.jpg

Now i understand SageMC has not been optimized for 6.3.x but, I thought I would bring it to your attention, in case modifications are in order.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
I too cannot wait to use sagemc with the new online video stuff
Old 12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

On the online services - I think they may be waiting for 6.3.4 to get out of beta before adding it to MC (but thats just a hunch).

Can't see adding beta features that may not be totally fleshed out yet as changes would have to be reflected in MC every time.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC and DVD Profiler 3 Question

Using SageMC and DVD Profiler3.1 for videos - I have it importing the cover (picture) files, but no other data. Does SageMC import a summary and genre's from SageMC or do I have to input those one-by-one or individually via IMDB search?

Also, I'm not sure I understand what "generate .my file does.

Last edited by Brent; 12-10-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

You're not using .my files. That is for users from Meedio and another way to transfer metadata.

Make sure you have exported the collection.xml file to your path and by default all info boxes should have been checked. I think you said it was C:\. Make sure that path is defined in SageMC. You should be able to browse and choose the collection file. Make sure to perform a rescan of the Media directories. Then refresh the metadata. You my need to rescan the media directories again after the import but usually it should show up. Maybe go out and then back into My Videos. You should see the info.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Closed Thread