SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I'm a bit disappointed so far, it doesn't seem to play well with my 16x10 computer monitor. It cuts the left part of the screen off, when set to 720p, and goes completely blank when I select 1080p...
Remember that the extender is sending out 720p/1080i/1080p compliant HD signals intended for televisions. If your monitor is not designed to accept a standard HD signal, then it will choke. I would be disappointed in your monitor, not the extender.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I am having a couple of issues with the latest version of SageMC and the HD extender:

1.) I have enabled the new 3x2 icon view in the Main Menu, but every time I hit the Options button on the remote and try to select Main Menu Options, the HD extender freezes up! I have to turn the unit completely off (via the switch on the back) in order for it to return to a usable state.

2.) When playing a video, I am unable to modify the aspect ratio settings (stretching horiz. or vert. and also the offsets). Is this normal for the HD Extender?
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 12-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Remember that the extender is sending out 720p/1080i/1080p compliant HD signals intended for televisions. If your monitor is not designed to accept a standard HD signal, then it will choke. I would be disappointed in your monitor, not the extender.

Aloha,
Mike
Well, probably true...the monitor says it will accept 1080...ah, there it is, 1080i, but not 1080p...that looks better.

Another question.

Is there any reason I couldn't copy my client properties file over to my extender properties file? I just realized what a pain it would be to set everything up from scratch would be...
Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Couple of issues with the latest SageMC:

1) Under MyTV in the grouped view, all movies are now showing up listed under a "Movie" folder, where previously they were listed individually. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing that controls this behavior?

2) The weather icon for "My Weather" is not showing up on the Main Menu screen when that menu is highlighted. I thought it might be specific to the foofaraw theme, but tried loading some of the other themes and they all exhibit the same behavior.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
2) The weather icon for "My Weather" is not showing up on the Main Menu screen when that menu is highlighted. I thought it might be specific to the foofaraw theme, but tried loading some of the other themes and they all exhibit the same behavior.
Thanks. I found and fixed this problem for the next maintenance release already. I believe it only affects the standard menus. I usually use the dynamic menus so I missed it the first time around.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
This worked on my server/client, but did not work on my MVP.
Make sure you extracted the latest JAR files that came with the new install on the server, and that you have restarted it after that...

Dirk
Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Still interested in trying out the online vids, I think I can do with one of the custom menu items, but what is the screen name?

Online Services

Dirk
Old 12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Ok, so I haven't loaded this theme in about a year or so, and I thought I would try it with a fresh install and my new HD Extender.
I did the following, per the instructions:
* shut down the Sage UI
* extract all files in this package into your SageTV folder (eg. E:\Video\SageTV\SageTV). Make sure to extract with preserving the directory structure, and overwrite older files if necessary
* start Sage up again
* load SageMC_169.xml in Setup/Advanced/Load Application Package from the default STV
* configure SageMC specific settings (there are tons of them) to your liking, this can be done from the "Settings/SageMC" menu

Latest version of SageTV and the ui shut down:
All of this I did on the Desktop machine. After loading the STV, I got a jumbled screen. I then shut down the UI, and started it again. I now get a black background and white lettering, in the SageMC ui, but with now highlight bar, so I can't tell what's going on. What did I do wrong??????
Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thanks. I found and fixed this problem for the next maintenance release already. I believe it only affects the standard menus. I usually use the dynamic menus so I missed it the first time around.

Aloha,
Mike

Thanks. I have another question about how graphics are handled in menus for plugins. Currently some plugins seem to excplicitly call certain "*****_logo.png" for their menu headings. For instance, the Movie Times plugin seems to call "videos_logo.png"

If you are using the standard menus, you can specify a main menu screen icon by creating a "hover_Custom#.png" where # corresponds to the custom menu # where you placed that plugin on the main menu.

Is there any way of changing the plugin structure so that the menu heading graphics would also correspond to a custom#_logo.png for the graphics within the menus of that plugin?? Or would that require too many changes within the STV structure and plugins??

I ask because I am trying to create some custom logos for foofaraw (and a yet to be released theme) for some of the more popular plugins, and would like the main menu icon to matchup with the logos within the menus themselves.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I used it back when it worked, but for the last, probably 8 months or more, it hasn't ever worked for me, other than playing the music in winamp. I gave up trying to get the visualization to work, as either no one was having the same issue I was having, or it didn't work for anyone else. I really wish it still worked, because I really liked having Milkdrop...
All I can say is that the Winamp visualization has never stopped working for me (though I never updated Winamp, still using 5.21), I'm using it since day one. Couldn't imagine music without Milkdrop, one reason I wouldn't want to replace my living room client, not even with a HD extender...

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 12-17-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12 View Post
Couple of issues with the latest SageMC:

1) Under MyTV in the grouped view, all movies are now showing up listed under a "Movie" folder, where previously they were listed individually. Is there a setting somewhere I am missing that controls this behavior?
Guess you can't please everyone... I added this functionality on popular demand, but I'll add an option to turn it off again

Dirk
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
SageTVaholic

6.3.6a

Mike provided a small update that fixes a few issues in 6.3.6:

- fixed preview window alignment issue in the guide
- added current weather conditions to the weatherbar forecast view
- fixed the icon based menu to allow up to 10 columns

v6.3.6a can be downloaded in the Download section (dev version only, the full install has not been updated yet)

Dirk
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Sorry if I've missed this in an update, but I have a request / feature enhancement.

When you're in the My TV movies view and scrolling through the list of movies in "Grouped" mode you get the movie info for one off movie showings, but anything that's in a folder (e.g., multiple showings of the same movie) you don't get the movie meta data unless you enter the folder and highlight an item...

So, my request is (& I don't know if this is actually possible):-

Could we please have metadata for folders containing multiple airings of the same movie?

Thanks for making the most rocking STV ever..
Old 12-18-2007, 12:24 AM
SageTVaholic

I would have never imagined to group movies in groups in that part of the software. I've aways used it to tell me what movies are on or about to start. It might have been by accident that Dirk even added that sort option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diginerd View Post
Sorry if I've missed this in an update, but I have a request / feature enhancement.

When you're in the My TV movies view and scrolling through the list of movies in "Grouped" mode you get the movie info for one off movie showings, but anything that's in a folder (e.g., multiple showings of the same movie) you don't get the movie meta data unless you enter the folder and highlight an item...

So, my request is (& I don't know if this is actually possible):-

Could we please have metadata for folders containing multiple airings of the same movie?

Thanks for making the most rocking STV ever..

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 AM
SageTVaholic

My bad.. I was the one who was complaining about all the movies being scattered all over the place even when you select for everything to be sorted neatly in groups... just like SageTV Webserver's behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Guess you can't please everyone... I added this functionality on popular demand, but I'll add an option to turn it off again

Dirk

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 12-18-2007 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Just started playing around with the latest version and i'm really loving, especially the updated animations on my HDextender

One small bug (that I don't even care about), in windowed mode the layout seems a little bit off. You can see in this picture that there's too much room on the left side and its slightly cut off on the right side. (This is with 6.3.6a)

edit: Now that I scale it down even more it looks like the right side has the offset (or whatever the term is) hardcoded as its the same size in this 320x240 picture it is in the 640x480 one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sidesCutOff.jpg (50.7 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg smallerScale.jpg (18.9 KB, 209 views)
Old 12-18-2007, 12:52 AM
SageTVaholic

BUG: RSS (even in latest update)

Dirk, I had to break it to you, but there’s something broken in RSS. Instead of SageTV sending a URL to Windows for an external webbrowser to open the webpage with the news item, SageTV gives an error… this is with even your very latest update.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-0035.jpg (292.3 KB, 221 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot-0036.jpg (268.8 KB, 205 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Dirk, I had to break it to you, but there’s something broken in RSS. Instead of SageTV sending a URL to Windows for an external webbrowser to open the webpage with the news item, SageTV gives an error… this is with even your very latest update.

The RSS reader is set to use nielm's text browser plugin (incorporated in the last release) but you haven't set it up yet. You should be able to go into the RSS settings and change the browser to external or follow nielm's instructions for setting up the text browser.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 01:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just started playing around with the latest version and i'm really loving, especially the updated animations on my HDextender

One small bug (that I don't even care about), in windowed mode the layout seems a little bit off. You can see in this picture that there's too much room on the left side and its slightly cut off on the right side. (This is with 6.3.6a)

edit: Now that I scale it down even more it looks like the right side has the offset (or whatever the term is) hardcoded as its the same size in this 320x240 picture it is in the 640x480 one.
Could your overscan settings be off?
Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Could your overscan settings be off?
Bah, you're absolutely right.
Closed Thread