SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Even the version of Sun installed by SageTV 6.3 is not up to date enough.
SageTV still only installs Java v1.4 (I have no idea why). You have to go to the Sun site, as you did, to get v1.6. I'm glad you finally got it working.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
All I can say is that the Winamp visualization has never stopped working for me (though I never updated Winamp, still using 5.21), I'm using it since day one. Couldn't imagine music without Milkdrop, one reason I wouldn't want to replace my living room client, not even with a HD extender...

Dirk
Installed version 5.21, and still a no go, I even went through all the readme instructions again. Once I got my FLAC files playing (didn't know you needed a plugin with that early version of Winamp), I checked all the settings for MilkDrop, and it still doesn't work. I can start it manually, and it works just fine. When I hit the "Visualize" button in SageMC, it just goes to a black screen, and says "Visualization Playing..."

Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Maybe it's another HD extender problem, but I thought I had this fixed before loading the new version of MC. Everytime I start a show, Auto comskip is disabled. I've checked in the series settings and it is set to use Global. In the MC options it is set to enabled. Am I missing something?
I still haven't gotten this resolved. Is no one else having this problem on their extender? The WAF factor has gone WAY down....
Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

I fixed it on mine by changing the auto comskip to disabled and then back to enabled. Now it works perfectly for me.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I fixed it on mine by changing the auto comskip to disabled and then back to enabled. Now it works perfectly for me.
Grrr.. If only mine could be fixed that easily.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Sage User

Video shows folder names, need IMDB title instead

Does anyone know how to do this in SageMC? I thought it used to work, but maybe I am wrong. Basically I have my movies split up into folders so, for example, I have mymovie1.avi in folder "mymovie1", and mymovie2.avi into folder "mymovie2". I do an IMDB search and assign "mymovie1" to (for example) Transforms. What I want is for sageMC to display "Transformers" instead of "mymovie1" in the My Videos area. I thought this used to happen, but in the latest version it seems to have gone away. Is there any option to set this up again. I tried using the options under "My video", but that didn't do anything.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
I still haven't gotten this resolved. Is no one else having this problem on their extender? The WAF factor has gone WAY down....
I'll check it out again...

Dirk
Old 12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I'll check it out again...

Dirk
Dirk,

I just had some success by loading a working compskip enabled STV from the server to the extender directly. The setting would not stick when changing from within the extender though. Thank you for all of your hard work!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
snip

On a slightly more serious note, I have a sad empty place for an icon on my main menu where Online Services should go as well. Guess I'm gonna have to do something about that.

snip

Aloha,
Mike
Any chance for a movie times icon as well... Oh by the way, what do I need to do to get the Online services menu item?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Attached, is the icon I use... its kinda low resolution.. but better than not having one

Below are the instructions to get Online services as a menu item.

Right Click the main menu, Select main menu options, select new..., new internal screen, select "online services menu".

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Any chance for a movie times icon as well... Oh by the way, what do I need to do to get the Online services menu item?
Attached Images
File Type: png hover_my movietimes.png (8.0 KB, 252 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile Can different fonts be used?

Dirk--Incredible update!! I love the very easy customizations. I see where font sizes can be changed, but can the font style be changed anywhere?

Steve
Old 12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Installed version 5.21, and still a no go, I even went through all the readme instructions again. Once I got my FLAC files playing (didn't know you needed a plugin with that early version of Winamp), I checked all the settings for MilkDrop, and it still doesn't work. I can start it manually, and it works just fine. When I hit the "Visualize" button in SageMC, it just goes to a black screen, and says "Visualization Playing..."

Hey geogecko. I posted about this over at the MediaPlayer (winamp) plugin thread. Maybe we can find a solution over there.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I haven't found it in the thread. I want to set a shortcut to go to "My TV". How can I do that?

Thanks,
Ben
Old 12-19-2007, 01:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Feature Request / Update :

To start with, I've always liked SageMC. Once I found Foofaraw I liked it even more. Now with the awesome work by Mike and Dirk with the Icon menu, it flat out blows me away! Keep up the good work!

So with the new extenders there exists the option to add Aspect Ratios -- it's very manual and pain staking, but I've worked out a couple that I need.

Problem is, when selecting the Aspect menu in the popup during video playback in Sage MC, the window that displays the AR names is a fixed size. So now that I have more than 4 (6 or 7 is what I'm at now) items in the list, the list item bubbles are so small that you can't read the text!

The window either needs to resize dynamically, or become scrollable.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you mean a shortcut to it from a SageTV menu?

If so, Right click the menu you want the shortcut to be on.... Select main menu options, select new..., new internal screen, look for My TV and give it a name called "My TV".

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I haven't found it in the thread. I want to set a shortcut to go to "My TV". How can I do that?

Thanks,
Ben

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-19-2007, 02:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Do you mean a shortcut to it from a SageTV menu?

If so, Right click the menu you want the shortcut to be on.... Select main menu options, select new..., new internal screen, look for My TV and give it a name called "My TV".
Not quite. I was more looking for a shortcut/hotkey combo (such as ctrl-b) that I could set so that when I hit it, Sage would bring up the My TV screen.

Ben
Old 12-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Translating to Hebrew.

Hi all,

Well i love SAGE-MC.. and i want to translate it to Hebrew.
What will be the right way to do so.
i want to be able to use my translation on future version too.

what are the files and where..

Thanks
banjo
Old 12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
I've got the same problem. I assumed it was just the HD Extender but all of my MVPs are doing it too.

Also the screensaver doesn't seem to be kicking in properly anymore (I was just using the default logo one... I'll try switching to a slideshow and see if it still works).
Old 12-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Sage User

Unhappy A slight glitch

I installed the new 6.3.6 full version yesterday. I am please with all the new features. I did however discover a slight glitch. There is a noticeable delay in ff/rew of files that were compressed to mp4 (using the built in Ipod high quality profile). I tried this using several files. There is also a delay (spinning icon) in when browsing to those files. I reinstall the sage client and install the new version and left everthing as default.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFisher View Post
I've got the same problem. I assumed it was just the HD Extender but all of my MVPs are doing it too.
Have you tried enabling the auto comskip in the server? For the AutoAspect ratio, setting it in the extender didn't work, but configuring it from the server initially does the trick. Might be the same thing here......