SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Diginerd Send a message via Yahoo to Diginerd
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, did a quick look, but couldn't see a note on this.

I have a couple of servers that my Sage Server has mounted that are chock full of both ripped DVDs and HD Movies recorded from cable.

When I used to use my Sage Server as my front end in the living room I had all the movies nicely categorized and all updated with Meta-Data and all was yummy.

Now, I moved the server down the the Basement Rack (w00t! 7ft tall TiVo!) and now have a HDX-1000 extender in the living room. Everything is pretty much working as I would hope however...

All my movies are listed as "unassigned" on the extender, and even if i try re-tagging the meta data they stay unassigned. Help please!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Have you tried enabling the auto comskip in the server? For the AutoAspect ratio, setting it in the extender didn't work, but configuring it from the server initially does the trick. Might be the same thing here......
That indeed fixed it! Well done... I don't remember turning it off on the server (it's headless, I never use it for watching anything) but maybe the upgrade did or something. Regardless, it works again! Thanks
Old 12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool - they don't call me a "Sage Aficionado" for nothing

btl.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFisher View Post
That indeed fixed it! Well done... I don't remember turning it off on the server (it's headless, I never use it for watching anything) but maybe the upgrade did or something. Regardless, it works again! Thanks
So what did you do exactly? I am seeing the same issue, and have been quietly waiting for you to find a solution... Did you just disable and then enable comskip on the server? If that is the case, I am assuming that I'd have to set SageMC as the STV on the server to do so.

Good to hear you found a solution!

-Dan
Old 12-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Odd SageMC behavior on SD Extender

I've just upgraded to 6.3.6 and every thing is good (especially beautiful with Liquid themes!). I am now trying to set up my MVP. I find a couple of things...

The RSS ticker is ignoring the fact that I have disable the 'Display Feed Title' option in the GUI and insists on showing the full title. It's ok on my clients and the Placeshifter.

The animations don't apear to work on the MVP. I'm pretty sure they did with 6.3.5 but I was using SageTV 6.2.10 then.

Has anyone else noticed, and more importantly, fixed these two issues.

Other than this, great work everyone!
Old 12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post
So what did you do exactly? I am seeing the same issue, and have been quietly waiting for you to find a solution... Did you just disable and then enable comskip on the server? If that is the case, I am assuming that I'd have to set SageMC as the STV on the server to do so.
yes, I have SageMC as the default interface on the server (in fact, that's the only place I load it - and then it works on the Extenders).

To get it working again, I just enabled it on the server. I don't remember disabling it, but it was. Or maybe it has been disabled from prior versions and it didn't matter but now it does... don't know but that's all I did.

Quote:
The animations don't apear to work on the MVP. I'm pretty sure they did with 6.3.5 but I was using SageTV 6.2.10 then.
Animations do NOT work on the MVP (never have). They DO work on the HD Extender.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

I hate to do this, but Bump? Anyone? The aspect ratio stuff is really annoying, because nearly every HD video I play has either something on the very top edge that doesn't match the rest of the image, or something along the right-most edge.

Along with the main menu option freezing the HD Extender, I was also about to do it when trying to enable comskip globally (I've been keeping up with this thread and will try enabling it on the server this evening).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enormous View Post
I am having a couple of issues with the latest version of SageMC and the HD extender:

1.) I have enabled the new 3x2 icon view in the Main Menu, but every time I hit the Options button on the remote and try to select Main Menu Options, the HD extender freezes up! I have to turn the unit completely off (via the switch on the back) in order for it to return to a usable state.

2.) When playing a video, I am unable to modify the aspect ratio settings (stretching horiz. or vert. and also the offsets). Is this normal for the HD Extender?
Server: Antec SLK3800B, AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, Biostar TForce 550, GeForce 7300LE, 1GB DDR2 800, 2 x HVR-1600, PVR-150MCE, 1.4TB HD Space, XP Pro, Java6, Latest SageTV Version
Old 12-19-2007, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I think number 2 is expected behavior. From what I have seen, the AR on the extender is done on the extender - so you have to play by it's rules. And it doesn't let you adjust on the fly yet (if ever).

You are going to have to create some custom aspect ratios. The auto aspect ratio plugin switchs to both the defaults and the customs automatically if you want to automate things.

btl.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex View Post

Good to hear you found a solution!

-Dan
I found the issue and will provide a fix for this soon

Dirk
Old 12-19-2007, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamintm View Post
Not quite. I was more looking for a shortcut/hotkey combo (such as ctrl-b) that I could set so that when I hit it, Sage would bring up the My TV screen.

Ben
MyTV is linked to 'Custom1' by default (you might need to unlink it from the RSS ticker).

Dirk
Old 12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm View Post
Dirk--Incredible update!! I love the very easy customizations. I see where font sizes can be changed, but can the font style be changed anywhere?

Steve
Right now only in the property file

Dirk
Old 12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

The fix I found for the auto comskip is to set the value in the sage.properties file on the server to true. I'm guessing it was meant to read from the client, but a type caused it to be read from the server properties when using an extender.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Right now only in the property file

Dirk
OK-that's cool. Which line in the properties file controls the font for the animated section title? (IE: When I enter My Tv, the word Television at the top of the screen.) Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC 6.3.6b

Just uploaded SageMC 6.3.6b

Mike sent me another update, and I added a few things too:
  • Fixed the few remaining java errors in the Customize Screen Layout options menu
  • Fixed display of (null, null) in Search Results title for searches other than by Category
  • Added navigation wrapping setting to the Icon Menu Customize button. (Menu Wrap = None, Vertical, or Horizontal) (Note: for now, navigation will not wrap in any dimension in which the table scrolls)
  • Added settings to independently enable/disable the Main Icon Panel, Title Graphic, and Weather Bar in Dynamic Submenus.
  • fixed MVP / Placeshifter issues with Auto-Comskip setting
  • added option for grouping movies in SagemC options (Screen specific / MyTV, now disabled by default)
  • made aspect ratio dialog scrollable
I updated both dev version and full download package.

Dirk
Old 12-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

I like to see this tag-team approach! Nice work guys. Thanks for the icon wrapping. Now I need to decide if I like horz or vert menus...
Old 12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Sage Icon

The wrapping is an absolute godsend. I'm also glad you found the problem with autoskip. I still can't figure out how I had it working for a while, and then it quit, but now I'm sure it will stay working. Great work!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

Guys are going to kill me, but one other feature request.

On the main menu, you used to choose if the selection bar moved in reference to the menu selections, or if the menu selections moved in reference to the selection bar (bar was stationary). It would be cool to have this feature back with the icons, as if you use a vertical theme, with only 3 icons, it would be cool to have the one selected always stay in the middle...like this.

...oh, vertical menu wrapping doesn't seem to be working with this configuration either, for some reason.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Also, if I configure for 4 column single row, for some reason, I'm not able to adjust the scale.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey Jason, i think your older menu looked better better when it was horizontal.. lots of wasted real estate setup that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Guys are going to kill me, but one other feature request.

On the main menu, you used to choose if the selection bar moved in reference to the menu selections, or if the menu selections moved in reference to the selection bar (bar was stationary). It would be cool to have this feature back with the icons, as if you use a vertical theme, with only 3 icons, it would be cool to have the one selected always stay in the middle...like this.

...oh, vertical menu wrapping doesn't seem to be working with this configuration either, for some reason.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hey Jason, i think your older menu looked better better when it was horizontal.. lots of wasted real estate setup that way.
Yep, which is why mine now looks like this...so many options, so little time!

The menu wrapping is not working at all for me, anyone else? Do we have to have the menu scrolling set to a certain setting (Sage Menu Style or MCE Menu Style)? I don't see that it makes a difference right now.

The preview window is just under the weather bar. Might have to play with this one a bit...