SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post

In the image above, how can I get rid of the select 'My Menu' text?

Also this is a submenu screen and pressing left on the farthest left icon does not wrap, but instead takes me back to the main menu. I have 'left as back' disabled in the SageMC options.
I'll try to address these in the next version.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Thanks

BTW, I added a couple more questions above I thought I was the only one up right now. Merry Christmas Mike.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
Thanks

BTW, I added a couple more questions above I thought I was the only one up right now. Merry Christmas Mike.
Same to you Karl. I'll look at those questions too.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Movie release date

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the release date of a movie/film is not being displayed in the guides; I just get an empty pair of brackets/parentheses. I'm using the XMLTV importer to get the EPG info from the Radio Times and the date is certainly in there. The "Year/Rating in Movie Titles" option is set to "Enabled". Any suggestions?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Where are the options that used to be under the section Video (Video codec, renderer, sageplayer, etc.) in subsequent versions?

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd View Post
I can't even tell if Winamp is playing the MP3 or not. Is there some obvious way to know this? Do I have to import something to activate this plug in? Like I said - the instructions are VERY vague about what you have to do to make it work.. can you give some direction?

In the meanwhile - I got my HD extender today so I am sufficiently sidetracked to let this go for the moment. oooooooo -- shiny!

Thanks!
See the Winamp Plugin. I got mine working this morning!!!

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...=14403&page=21
Old 12-26-2007, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Super cool suggestion: IMDB trailer playback

As I was playing back trailers on the IMDB website to see which of my recordings to watch, I realized... why not just have a Play Trailer button under detailed info? I hope I'm not the first person to think of something so straight forward. Maybe there's a good technical reason why this hasn't been implemented yet.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-26-2007, 07:04 PM
Sage User

What am I doing wrong ?

Thought I would give Sage a try again. Wanted to give SageMC a go. Loaded a clean install of Sage V6_3_5 and SageMC 6_3_6b. When I switch to the SageMC_169.xml I recieve a black screen and white screen and no features. I admit I am sorta new at this so any help would be appreatated.
-Eric
Old 12-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

YOu've restarted Sage after you unzipped the SageMC files?

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Yes, I did restart Sage. It was closed during the MC install. Everything unzipped and installled corectly as far as I could tell. I see some of the menus but only some work.
-Eric
Old 12-26-2007, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricandLorrie View Post
Thought I would give Sage a try again. Wanted to give SageMC a go. Loaded a clean install of Sage V6_3_5 and SageMC 6_3_6b. When I switch to the SageMC_169.xml I recieve a black screen and white screen and no features. I admit I am sorta new at this so any help would be appreatated.
-Eric
Make sure you are running Java v1.6. It is required for SageMC. Also make sure you downloaded the full version of SageMC v6.3.6b and not just the latest development update. The download should be more than 30MB (probably near 40MB these days).

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 12-26-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Sage User

Thanks Mike. I figured Sage download would have the latest Java download attached. It did not. All is working now.
Again, thanks guys
-Eric
Old 12-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricandLorrie View Post
I figured Sage download would have the latest Java download attached.
Not sure why they don't.

Java 1.4 is all that you need for Sage to run. Although it does need to be a current 1.4 version that is patched for DST.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Picture breakup when watching DVDs

I am using an MVP and have loaded SageMC as a user interface. I notice that when I watch DVDs that are stored on a hard drive, the bottom third of the video image flicks and every other line gets repeated in the black border at the bottom of the screen. It only does this when SageMC is loaded and I'm watching DVDs. The problem goes away when I go back to the standard sage interface or just watch live or recorded TV.

I don't see this problem on the clients.

It hasn't always done it and I think it's only started when I went to SageMC 6.3.6. But it's hard to tell because I went from Sage 6.2.10 to 6.3.5 at the same time.

Can anyone suggest why I might be having this problem and what I can do to fix it?
Old 12-27-2007, 04:48 PM
SageTVaholic

So I pasted (via Dynamic Menu) the 'Online Services' submenu to the Main Menu. I can't figure out how to get an ICON for it in iconview - how would one go about doing that?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
So I pasted (via Dynamic Menu) the 'Online Services' submenu to the Main Menu. I can't figure out how to get an ICON for it in iconview - how would one go about doing that?
You should just be able to define the icon in the Dynamic Menu options menu.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrdude View Post
Where are the options that used to be under the section Video (Video codec, renderer, sageplayer, etc.) in subsequent versions?

Thanks!
OK, as it turns out there is no Audio/Video menu when using the Placeshifter (as I was).

I installed SageMC 6.3.6b. I set up a really nice interface using Placeshifter. Now that I am home, the interface is completely different. (Yes, the server and the Placeshifter are using the same .xml file)

Is there a way to make the server look exactly the same as my Placeshifter?

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You should just be able to define the icon in the Dynamic Menu options menu.

Aloha,
Mike
It's not there - I'm using this on the HD Extender - so maybe if I try it on a full client it will show up. The option for "set icon" (usually towards the bottom of the list of options in the Dynamic Menu) is not there.

btl.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:46 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - on my full client the "Set Icon" option is there, just not visible! It's like the dynamic menu options isn't scrolling. On the full client, I can navigate down to Set Icon (the selection bar disappears entirely!).

On the HD-100 navigating down wraps up to the top selection - skipping over Set Icon - so there's no way to get there.

btl.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

I finally got around to making some customizations to the main menu (moving things around, resizing stuff). BUT-- Is there a way to get things back to stock? Some lines I need to delete in the properties file? Also, i did this on the mvp so would it be stored in the mvp properties file?
Thank,
Juc

edit: just looked in the mvp's properties file: can i just delete the lines with sagemc/MainMenu....?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Closed Thread