SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
So, is there a way to set defaults for the Series settings?
For example, is there a way to set things up so that recording First Runs instead of "First Runs and Reruns" is the default behavior when recording a series?
I second this request. I believe I asked before and it was shot down as ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use the HD extender, and there is one problem that I keep running into with SageMC that I wish could be solved:

The on-screen keyboard. It only does numbers and single-case letters.

Is there any way to get a more full-featured on-screen keyboard? Since extender users have no option to use a physical keyboard, there are some situations in SageMC where they are completely unable to enter important input. For example, the date/time format preferences can't be changed in any meaningful way. Also, things like the prefixes and postfixes for fields look odd because they are unicase (ie: "SHOWS" vs. "Shows"). In general, I also just find the existing layout difficult to use.

To avoid using an excessive amount of screen real-estate, but still offer the needed flexability, I would suggest something like this as a layout:

Code:
! @ # $ % ^ & * CAPS       _ - + / * =
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0        ( ) [ ] { } < >
q w e r t y u i o p        ; : ' " 
a s d f g h j k l          . , / ?
z x c v b n m
<SPACE>  <BACKSPACE>       <ACCEPT> <CANCEL>

OR (for those who don't like the qwerty layout)

! @ # $ % ^ & * CAPS       _ - + / * =
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0        ( ) [ ] { } < >
a b c d e f g h i j        ; : ' " 
k l m n o p q r s t        . , / ?
u v w x y z
<SPACE>   <BACKSPACE>      <ACCEPT> <CANCEL>
I think this would hit the right note between minimum navigation and maxium flexability. Ideally you want to use the least number of clicks on the remote to enter your input. Having the numbers and symbols always visible eliminates alot of clicks.

Note #1: Not every key is represented here; just the ones people are likely to use.

Note #2: The CAPS button would toggle between uppercase letters and lowercase letters. Everything else would remain the same (nothing is worse than having to enter a series of numbers and letters and having the numbers change to symbols -- this is particularly annoying for Canadian postal codes).
Old 02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
I use the HD extender, and there is one problem that I keep running into with SageMC that I wish could be solved:

The on-screen keyboard. It only does numbers and single-case letters.
Switch to numeric entry by pushing the pause key. Use the guide button to toggle between upper and lower case. You can enter any character you need now.

-Mike

Last edited by Opus4; 02-14-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: remove excess quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Maybe I missed it, but is there a main menu animation for My DVD? or is there a way to add one?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Sage Expert

Feature request, or am i missing something

IMDB Search is great, as is the auto downloading of images for films. Unfortunately it does this automatically for programmes which aren't films so you end up with odd images e.g. 'Horizon' (documentary) is now displaying the cover for 'Event Horizon' the movie.

Any chance of a configuration item so auto download is only done for Movies/Films? XMLTV importer puts 'Movie: ' in the title for all films, I presume those with better guide data may have them tagged by category?

Ultimately an IMDB style zsori.com or tv.com lookup would be neat, very neat!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is there support for Custom Online Videos in SageMC?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question / Suggestion

First of all, THANK YOU for such an awesome stv It's obviously a labor of love, but a ton of work! We are all grateful.

One suggestion thinly veiled as a question.

What is your thinking behind storing all of the new customization features (positioning / scaling) directly into the main properties file?

Wouldn't it make more sense to store all of that data in the new theme.properties file?

My thinking is:

1. Easier experimentation. I could create 2 copies of a theme, one that is "last good release", and one that is a work in progress. When I am done tinkering at night, I can just switch back to the last good theme until I am ready.

2. Easier distribution of themes among users. Right now it seems a theme would have to include not only the contents of the theme folder, but also a layout file which would have to be loaded as well. Plus, a theme would include all (or most) SageMC GUI options.

3. Easy to return to a base configuration. The default themes would put everything back to default. Important when messing around with so many options at 2AM!

Last edited by TBacker; 02-17-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

I've got some new movies to add the my collection, and now the file format of DVD Profiler has changed...

With all the traffic going on with people using DVD Profiler 3, I just stayed away from it...but it looks like I will be forced to upgrade.

Questions.

Is DVD Profiler 3 now compatible with SageMC?

Is DVD Profiler 3 still available in a free version?

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
Is DVD Profiler 3 now compatible with SageMC?
Yes, I'm using DVD Profiler 3 with SageMC currently

Quote:
Is DVD Profiler 3 still available in a free version?
I don't think so.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yes, I'm using DVD Profiler 3 with SageMC currently

I don't think so.
It does appear they have a free version, after a little research...

Now, it appears that they have switched locations for the media, and that is now stored in My Documents.

I have shared the "DVD Profiler" that is in My Documents (DVD Profiler is on another computer, not the HTPC), and made sure that the path for DVD Profiler was set to \\\\StudyPC\\DVD Profiler, but it doesn't bring up new images for DVD's that I've added. Do I have to dive deeper into that directory for SageMC to know where to get the images?
Old 02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko View Post
I have shared the "DVD Profiler" that is in My Documents (DVD Profiler is on another computer, not the HTPC), and made sure that the path for DVD Profiler was set to \\\\StudyPC\\DVD Profiler, but it doesn't bring up new images for DVD's that I've added. Do I have to dive deeper into that directory for SageMC to know where to get the images?
For the "DVD Profiler Path" use "DVD Profiler\Databases\Default" as your folder.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just started exploring RSS feeds and I'm a little confused about the webtext feature. So far I've had no luck getting any feed to display using webtext. I get a "Error: page failed to load" in both Lynx and W3m. I was easily able to get the External browser to work but that won't due for my Extender. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?
Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
For the "DVD Profiler Path" use "DVD Profiler\Databases\Default" as your folder.
Thank you, that did it!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Is there a way to remove the video preview window when looking at the TV Guide?

I prefer to keep the core animations turned on when using SAGE.. but they're terribly slow when I am viewing the TVGuide + a small video preview on an HD station.

Thanks so much!

d.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Imported Video/DVD List export

I've been missing a feature I used to have with Beyond Media's DVD Library. In that program I could export a list of all videos and DVDs to a csv file in the following formats:
  • Alpha sort by name
  • Alpha sort by name with path
  • Sort by directory, then alpha by name.
It was very useful especially when you have a large library spread over more than one drive. I noticed this was something another person asked for in the standard STV and thought I'd mention it as a feature request for SageMC. Does this sound like something that would be possible down the road in SageMC?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Sage User

Is there currently a way to view an offline DVD library? For example.. I have a large amount of DVDs, but I definitely don't have the space to store them all on HD's.

It would be great if I could go to a special section (offline section) and browses DVDS.. Upon selecting one it could give me the # of the DVD so I could easily pull it from my library.

Maybe I'm dreaming..

d.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeb View Post
Is there currently a way to view an offline DVD library? For example.. I have a large amount of DVDs, but I definitely don't have the space to store them all on HD's.

It would be great if I could go to a special section (offline section) and browses DVDS.. Upon selecting one it could give me the # of the DVD so I could easily pull it from my library.

Maybe I'm dreaming..

d.
You can use DVD Profiler to add this functionality. Basically, you just add DVDs to your library, then when you go into My Video's, hit Options, select Meta Data Options, then Import Offline DVDProfiler Videos. SageMC then generates a 0kb mpg file with the title of that movie, and stores the meta-data for that title. The nice feature, is you can turn on the online/offline icon, then you'll know if it's on the hard drive or not.

I'm not sure if the disc number thing was ever added to this feature.

Also, you have to create an offline directory, IIRC, and there is a setting within SageMC options, Path, that tells SageMC where that is.

Last edited by geogecko; 02-19-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage User

Oh, very cool geogecko.

Thanks. Unfortunately, knowing where to look for an OFFLINE DVD is essential for me.. so, it's of no use without Sage importing the Catalog #.

Maybe for the next version!

d.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
I just started exploring RSS feeds and I'm a little confused about the webtext feature. So far I've had no luck getting any feed to display using webtext. I get a "Error: page failed to load" in both Lynx and W3m. I was easily able to get the External browser to work but that won't due for my Extender. Is there something else I'm supposed to do?
Any Master RSS Feed users out there?

Last edited by skyeclad; 02-19-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

@Skyeclad

Did you install Cygwin as per these instructions?
Closed Thread