SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
I'm sorry for asking if it's been asked before or if there are instuctions somewhere that I can't find about this, but how & where do I add the RSS NewsFeeds to in Sage with SageMC?

Is this something that will launch a browser window or will I be able to view newsfeeds right inside Sage.

Thank in Advance!!
Hi pvr599,

I'm not sure if the jar file 'nielm_getrssnews.jar' is included in the SageMC download, check the JARs directory. If it's not there, download the rss plugin from here and extract only this jar file.

Then create a custom menu (either under My Menu, or use one of Custom1-Custom3 in the main menu) and link it to the internal screen 'Rss News Feeds - nielm'. Now you can add new feeds by bringing up the options menu. You will be able to read the first few lines within Sage, but you can also press "Select" on an item to bring it up in a browser window.

Dirk
Old 08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Potential bug?

I'm not sure about foreign 24h format, but the main clock when set to 24h displays 12am as 24:00 instead of 00:00.

Just looks funny seing 24:25 as a time. Then again being one of the few americans who religiously use the 24h clock, maybe nobody noticed.

I'm still annoyed with sage that even after 3 versions they still won't allow americans to set sage to 24h globally.. GRRRR my guide still shows 12h. sob.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was thinking the other day that I'd like to have a 24hr time format, along with Date. Currently, if you want the date, you must take 12hr time format. Grr.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed that as well. Ha. Am I correct, shouldn't 12am be 00:00 and not 24:00 or is this a second type of 24h I am unaware of, particularly in europe?

Also, its funny that when setting sageMC to 24h, the main clock changes, but the guide and other options do not. Though this is a very long unresolved issue with sage. (For USA anyway).

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I attached a menu.xml with the most common main menu items and one example submenu, you can add more either by bringing up the options menu, or by editing the file itself (it's not that complicated, and you can also change the titles and order...). Just note that by using nielms dynamic menus as a main menu replacement you will lose the graphics on the main menu...

I just noticed that the menu titles dont display correctly, I'll fix this in the next version.

Dirk
Thanks. I was creating my own menu - I used Neilm's with a previous version of Sage and ahve done direct menu file editing. The real issue I was having was figuring out what screen to call up for what, which were addins from SageMC and are ones I should call, etc.

Thanks for this, it will help a ton.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Hmm, not sure I understand ... You see the same show in the list twice ? .my files only change the info in the "Program Info' screen, but do not affect any recording lists at all. The list of shows is always read from the Sage database, only the detailed info is either displayed a) from the .my file if present, or b) from the Sage db if .my file is not present ...

Dirk
Well, I did see the same show twice, but now it seems to have fixed itself for the moment, kinda. Now I only see the show listed once, as defined in the .my file. I'll need to look into this a bit more.

Another thing is, when the show is playing and I bring up the info OSD it just shows the filename. Can it use the info from the .my file instead like it does in the 'Program Info' screen?
Old 08-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage User

Sage v5 Compatible?

Is this theme compatible with Sage v5? If so are there any gotchas I need to worry about before I try to use it? Keep in mind I haven't messed with stv's at all.

Thank you for any advice.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmcclung
Is this theme compatible with Sage v5? If so are there any gotchas I need to worry about before I try to use it? Keep in mind I haven't messed with stv's at all.

For the most part, it is load and go... The biggest item to remember si that it is designed to be used from a remote control rather than the mouse.

If you get 'stuck' simply use the back or exit key.

-Jason
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Hi Justin,

since I haven't had a chance to update the install instructions yet, and it might get a bit confusing for a new user, here is what you have to do:

1) download and extract the SageMC base distribution here
2) dowload and extract the newest STV development version here
3) (optional): download any custom icons or graphics, MeInMaui's are terrific (e.g. those)
4) load SageMC_169.xml in Setup/Advanced/Load Application Package from the default STV
5) now in SageMC, configure your main menu (by bringing up the options menu, ESC on the keyboard)
6) configure all other SageMC specific settings (there are tons of them ) to your liking, this can be done from Settings/DetailedSetup/Advanced/SageMC Options
7) now enjoy ...

And remember, you can always go back to the default STV by loading SageTV3.xml again, and switch between the two any time you like.

Dirk
Old 08-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage User

Great, thank you both very much for your help.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Great, thank you both very much for your help.
This is more of just a warning, but most people already know, to make sure and see that the "use paths when extracting" option is checked inside of Winzip, or whatever program you use, otherwise, you can end up with a really odd, and often not working, installation.

Oh, and don't fall asleep half way through installation...
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Oh, and don't fall asleep half way through installation...
looks like you are too late with that warning, he's already gone....
Old 08-21-2006, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi FidgetyRat,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I noticed that as well. Ha. Am I correct, shouldn't 12am be 00:00 and not 24:00 or is this a second type of 24h I am unaware of, particularly in europe?
Will be fixed in the next version ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
Also, its funny that when setting sageMC to 24h, the main clock changes, but the guide and other options do not. Though this is a very long unresolved issue with sage. (For USA anyway).
This is because the Guide is external data from e.g. zap2it etc. It's not practical for an STV to convert all data on the fly, this would require support in the Sage core...

Dirk
Old 08-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi FidgetyRat,
This is because the Guide is external data from e.g. zap2it etc. It's not practical for an STV to convert all data on the fly, this would require support in the Sage core...
Dirk
Right, i hope i didnt make that seem like your mistake. Its sage core that has yet to be updated. The real problem is that it bases the clock off of the system zone and not the system time format. so USA people can't use 24h with sage5

Great work on the additions though. Works good.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Dirk,

I have a couple of suggestions/requests for the add to queue function. (I know, I know....isn't this guy ever satisfied?!?!)

I added a couple of videos to the queue and selected 'play queue'. The video then begins to play in the lower-left window instead of full screen. For videos, I think it would be better to start full screen playback. It isn't a big deal. I just have to select the windowed video and go to full screen, but it seems to be an unnecessary extra step.

Also, I have noticed that the queue is never erased. It would seem most logical to have each item in the queue be removed as it is finished so that the next item in the queue moves to the top as it starts. That way if I stop playing the queue, and later want to continue, it will resume where I left off. Right now, the queue is basically duplicating the functionality of the playlists. But aside from these (very) small issues, the queue works great. I'm very glad to have this function working. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, yeah, I like those additions! That would be really nice. Almost like the iTunes "now playing" view, or whatever it's called.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Sage User

Hi all,

Can someone please explain the groups to in the imported Videos library? I've searched both this thread and the old one and can't really find anything written about them. I'm not sure if nobody uses them or what. I've tried messing around with them, created a new group, but then that doesn't show up when viewing by groups. I also have no idea how to add things to a group as I don't see that option anywhere.

Here's basically what I want to do ... maybe its not even possible. I have a bunch of tv shows and movies ripped to the hard drive. I also have a DVD Profiler database of offiline videos. What I'd like to do is like this... Go into My Videos. Threre are three choices presented: TV Shows, Online Films and Offline Films. Choosing one would send me to all the videos I have seperated into that group.

Is that possible? If I could get some instructions on how to use the groups, that would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Sage Expert

new playlist spontaneously plays live tv

New playlist seems to just start playing live tv. I'm not sure why a playlist would be a usefull feature on the recorded tv screen either except perhaps if you had kids and you wanted it in some continuous loop of kid shows or something. It doesn't work though as it just starts playing live tv.

I also have this problem occasionally when I click left button (I have it set to left as back). It goes back most of the time but often it doesn't and just starts playing live tv. I haven't really taken the time to figure out exactly where/when though.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi pvr599,

I'm not sure if the jar file 'nielm_getrssnews.jar' is included in the SageMC download, check the JARs directory. If it's not there, download the rss plugin from here and extract only this jar file.

Then create a custom menu (either under My Menu, or use one of Custom1-Custom3 in the main menu) and link it to the internal screen 'Rss News Feeds - nielm'. Now you can add new feeds by bringing up the options menu. You will be able to read the first few lines within Sage, but you can also press "Select" on an item to bring it up in a browser window.

Dirk
Cool. Just set this up. The jar file is not there in a default install of SageMC, just FYI.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
New playlist seems to just start playing live tv. I'm not sure why a playlist would be a usefull feature on the recorded tv screen either except perhaps if you had kids and you wanted it in some continuous loop of kid shows or something. It doesn't work though as it just starts playing live tv.

I also have this problem occasionally when I click left button (I have it set to left as back). It goes back most of the time but often it doesn't and just starts playing live tv. I haven't really taken the time to figure out exactly where/when though.
Could this be your issue
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=755
Closed Thread