SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Perhaps... I am not sure i understand it but will try to pay closer attention. This is a truely annoying behavior for back. I have no problem with going back to tv recordings as opposed to my tv and in fact, also prefer that. I don't want it to play a video though when I want to go back.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Cool. Just set this up. The jar file is not there in a default install of SageMC, just FYI.
Dirk.

Is there any way to get the left arrow, or the back command to just close the browser window, instead of doing that and at the same time, going back in the RSS news list?

Last edited by geogecko; 08-21-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I'm not sure why a playlist would be a usefull feature on the recorded tv screen either except perhaps if you had kids and you wanted it in some continuous loop of kid shows or something.
This, and I also sometimes watch 2 or more episodes of a show in a row, and then the playlist is nice since it doesnt require any interruption...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
It doesn't work though as it just starts playing live tv.
Hmm, can't confirm this, works fine for me. So you create a playlist, send one or more recordings to that playlist, and when you start playing the list you see live TV ?

Dirk
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk.

Is there any way to get the left arrow, or the back command to just close the browser window, instead of doing that and at the same time, going back in the RSS news list?
Guess I lost you here ... Left arrow/back in Sage actually closes your browser window ? Think about it ...

Dirk
Old 08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by haubrija
Hi all,

Can someone please explain the groups to in the imported Videos library? I've searched both this thread and the old one and can't really find anything written about them. I'm not sure if nobody uses them or what. I've tried messing around with them, created a new group, but then that doesn't show up when viewing by groups. I also have no idea how to add things to a group as I don't see that option anywhere.

Here's basically what I want to do ... maybe its not even possible. I have a bunch of tv shows and movies ripped to the hard drive. I also have a DVD Profiler database of offiline videos. What I'd like to do is like this... Go into My Videos. Threre are three choices presented: TV Shows, Online Films and Offline Films. Choosing one would send me to all the videos I have seperated into that group.

Is that possible? If I could get some instructions on how to use the groups, that would be great. Thanks.
I admit, took me also a long time to figure out how this works ...

- select 'Groups' mode
- add a new group in 'Manage Groups', and the 'Save Groups'
- go back to 'File System' mode and select a videofile
- select Send to ... and select 'Custom Group'
- select the group you just created
- now you can switch back to 'Groups' mode, and the group containing the video should appear

Dirk
Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Guess I lost you here ... Left arrow/back in Sage actually closes your browser window ? Think about it ...

Dirk
Ah, you're right. It doesn't close it, Sage just gets focus back, and leaves the browser open...oh, well.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Slow Animation

I am just getting familiar with SageMCE, and I really like the theme so far!! One question: The animations work extremely well except for the screen giving a show's details--the screen you can choose play from. The animations are much slower here. Also, the stop screen comes up slowly about 2/3rds of the time. Is this a known issue, or something unique to my setup? Is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks.

Steve
Old 08-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Video Library Views

I'm trying to use the Video Library to view downloaded TV episodes/archive TV shows (downloading generally is faster then encoding on my PC, and better quality half the time). Some things I'd like to do, but can't seem to figure out - and am hoping SageMC can do some of which are:

- Different views on different levels of the browsing windows. (i.e. Movies show the images large, genre level show as a list, etc.)
- Remove the folder icon for listings that have an associated image.
- Associate an image with a folder that only has subfolders (i.e. SciFi icon for my scifi folder)
- Have a split view similar to that of Stang89 (?) Improved Video Library stv (which doesnt work with SageMC, much to my chagrin).
- Automagically rename TV shows to remove the extraneous crapola in the names and have them make some kind of sense.
- Automagically import TV show information/episode names somehow.

Can SageMC help with any of this or am I going to be learning to write scripts? (If anyone could help pointing out other resources for any of this, would be much appreciated).
Old 08-22-2006, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
I am just getting familiar with SageMCE, and I really like the theme so far!! One question: The animations work extremely well except for the screen giving a show's details--the screen you can choose play from. The animations are much slower here. Also, the stop screen comes up slowly about 2/3rds of the time. Is this a known issue, or something unique to my setup? Is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks.

Steve
This seems to be an ongoing issue. Sometimes the stop dialog comes up instantly, other times, it takes up to 4-5 seconds for it to show up.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This seems to be an ongoing issue. Sometimes the stop dialog comes up instantly, other times, it takes up to 4-5 seconds for it to show up.
But only on the MVP, right ? I've never seen this issue on any of my other clients ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
But only on the MVP, right ? I've never seen this issue on any of my other clients ...

Dirk
I don't have MVPs, only clients, yet I still get the problem. My machine is a little older, but not too bad. It is a P4 2.8 GH, 500 ram, ATI 9600 video card. I think it should be handling this. I had to do a clean install of Sage on my server last week. This was a completely new Window's installation from a formated hard drive. Following that, the responsiveness of SageMCE dramatically improved for a day or two. Then, I went back to the slow Details screen and slow Stop screen.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a question regarding "other programs"

I am running an SNES emulator through the other programs. My sage system has no keyboard and no mouse. If I execute the emulator, play games and such it is fine. When I quit the emulator, sage stays minimized and I just get my desktop.

Natrually with no keyboard and no mouse, this is frustrating. Anyway to get sage to automatically return to focus and maximize again?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I admit, took me also a long time to figure out how this works ...

- select 'Groups' mode
- add a new group in 'Manage Groups', and the 'Save Groups'
- go back to 'File System' mode and select a videofile
- select Send to ... and select 'Custom Group'
- select the group you just created
- now you can switch back to 'Groups' mode, and the group containing the video should appear

Dirk
Dirk,
Since you seem to use the groups successfully, I guess I'll re-ask something I posted a month or so ago again. I have about 100 dvds in my My Videos folder. Some of them are actually ripped to hd, most are just linked to "DVD Profiler" info and need the disk inserted to play. I wanted to use the Groups feature to separate some of the dvds into a couple of categories (in my case, "Watched" and "Not Watched" so I created those two groups and put all of my dvds videos into one or the other. (Took a LONG time btw.)

Anyway, after I finished, I went back in to look at the two groups, and both of them just had a 8 or 10 videos each in them! Ahh! I thought I may have made a mistake, so I went back and re-did all the ones that were not in there and had the same problem again. Have you tried putting a lot of videos into a group like this, and if so did it work? Any idea what kind of a problem could cause this?

Thanks...

EDIT: I just went back to look at the groups again (it's been awhile since I set them up and noticed the problem) and now there are only 2 videos in one of the groups and only 1 video in the other, so with time it seems that more and more of the videos are somehow having their "Group" attribute erased/cleared/ignored...

Last edited by popechild; 08-22-2006 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Dirk,

Anyway, after I finished, I went back in to look at the two groups, and both of them just had a 8 or 10 videos each in them! Ahh! I thought I may have made a mistake, so I went back and re-did all the ones that were not in there and had the same problem again. Have you tried putting a lot of videos into a group like this, and if so did it work? Any idea what kind of a problem could cause this?

Thanks...
Hi,

no I only have a handful of videos in the groups. But I will check the code for anything that could cause this ...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Dirk
I don't have MVP's either. I'm running service mode on my machine, so I guess you could say I was using a client, although it's on the same machine.

AMD Athlon64 3000+ 1GB RAM 6600GT.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I've been using groups for a while now. I have groups for 'Online Movies', 'Childrens' Shows', etc. I think the most I have in one group is about 30 or so. There are a couple of quirks when using groups that might have some relevance here. If you have a video in a group and then use 'Edit Video Info' to add information/corver art, the video will lose its group information and disappear from the group. The work around that I use is to always re-add the video to the group after importing any video info. This seems to work and the grouping sticks. Also, for some videos the group name does not show up in its detailed info screen, but it is still present if you go to the group and look for it. I hope this helps a little.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-22-2006, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I've been using groups for a while now. I have groups for 'Online Movies', 'Childrens' Shows', etc. I think the most I have in one group is about 30 or so. There are a couple of quirks when using groups that might have some relevance here. If you have a video in a group and then use 'Edit Video Info' to add information/corver art, the video will lose its group information and disappear from the group. The work around that I use is to always re-add the video to the group after importing any video info. This seems to work and the grouping sticks. Also, for some videos the group name does not show up in its detailed info screen, but it is still present if you go to the group and look for it. I hope this helps a little.

Aloha,
Mike
Hi Mike,

the custom groups are implemented by storing the group name into the "Expanded Ratings" of a show. When you assign a group to a video file, the show info will be re-inserted into the Sage database, but now with the modified expandede ratings field. The same happens when you edit the info and add cover art, but this time the expanded ratings are taken from the acquired info, and this will overwrite the group info. I might be able to change this, I'll have a look ... Btw, where do you see the group name in the Video Info screen ? Mine doesnt show any group info at all...

Quote:
With the above set, it really shouldnt make any difference whether you have 10 or 1000 videos in one group ... So either the expanded ratings info of those shows got somehow overwritten (they have showed up at least once in the group, right ?), or they just dont get displayed for whatever reason. Can you check when you select "Send to... / Custom Group" on one of those videos, if it shows "Remove from group xxx" ?

Quote:
EDIT: I just went back to look at the groups again (it's been awhile since I set them up and noticed the problem) and now there are only 2 videos in one of the groups and only 1 video in the other, so with time it seems that more and more of the videos are somehow having their "Group" attribute erased/cleared/ignored...
So you didn't update the video info (IMDB, Video Title) of those files by any chance ?

Edit: I just verified that editing the video title or updating the info through DVD Profiler (IMDB is ok) will erase the expanded ratings. I will fix this in the next version.

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 08-22-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't have MVP's either. I'm running service mode on my machine, so I guess you could say I was using a client, although it's on the same machine.

AMD Athlon64 3000+ 1GB RAM 6600GT.
Wow, and I thought this multiple secs issue of the stop dialog would somehow only be related to the MVP. This is very strange, since this particular dialog does not include any animation code at all... It just displays a few graphics and doesnt do any long computations either, so I'm not sure how this could happen. As I said, I experience this issue on my MVP, but have never seens this on my server or client...

Dirk
Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Btw, where do you see the group name in the Video Info screen ? Mine doesnt show any group info at all...
Dirk,

Here is a quick screen shot. It shows up for most of my videos but not all.

Aloha,
Mike

Old 08-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Dirk,

Here is a quick screen shot. It shows up for most of my videos but not all.

Aloha,
Mike
Hmm...not using your own glassy selection bars? That seems strange!