SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Uh-oh, it's worse than I thought.....mass delusions.

Quote:
While I've got you here, an issue has come up regarding the genre icons. Some genres are listed with a '/' as in Suspense/Thriller. This character is restricted from use in file names, so I can't supply an icon for genres named like this. I just looked at the API and the string handling capabilities of studio seem a little underwhelming. I'd like to either have the '/' replaced with a '-' or alternately have the genre parsed and only use the first genre listed (in this case it would be Suspense). I guess this is a feature request. Is this something you could easily implement using java? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
What a coincidence, I am currently looking at this code. Trying to find out why the hell I only see the icons for Action and Comedy, although the other icon files are there as well ...

If I read the code correctly then it already handles category/subcategory: it creates one entry for the category and one for the subcaregory and puts the video into both groups (at least that is what it does here with my videos). Although, it's listed here as 'Comedy \ Crime' and not 'Comedy / Crime', so maybe this is different from what you are saying ... I guess I'll look at it some more

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
If I read the code correctly then it already handles category/subcategory: it creates one entry for the category and one for the subcaregory and puts the video into both groups (at least that is what it does here with my videos). Although, it's listed here as 'Comedy \ Crime' and not 'Comedy / Crime', so maybe this is different from what you are saying ... I guess I'll look at it some more

Dirk
In this case the genre is actually displayed as Suspense/Thriller (no spaces) in the genre list. Maybe it's just a formatting problem in the genre/subgenre listing from either imdb or DVD Profiler and the logic in SageMC is unable to recognize them. The intended behavior that you describe would be ideal.

Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-06-2006 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Dirk
Yeahhhh...

The Sage API IsFilePath() seems to be buggy, I replaced it with a straight java.io.File.exists() call, and now all icons show up !

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Good find ... The options page uses 'save_on_cancel_rec', but the stop listener uses 'save_on_cancel' ... Will be fixed in the next update. As a workaround, set both settings to true.

Dirk
Thanks Dirk. I'll add the other property!
Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In this case the genre is actually displayed as Suspense/Thriller (no spaces) in the genre list. Maybe it's just a formatting problem in the genre/subgenre listing from either imdb or DVD Profiler and the logic in SageMC is unable to recognize them.

Mike
Ah ok, so the actual category is already "Suspense/Thriller" ... I'll see what I can do

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Using the new stv, I am unable to go back to full screen by clicking on the little window on the lower left of the screen.

That window will not get highlighted and selected.

Otherwise the new stv is working great!

BTW- I recently installed a HD card and noticed that some of the options for selecting channel line ups are not present in sageMC. Also, after I choose the OTA lineup, sageMC hangs and the "downlonding channel lineup" page.
I think I noticed this in 6.10 (not "a"), I think you can select it, but the bar does not light up.

In other words, when nothing else is selected, if you push select (or OK), it will go back to full screen, or at least, that is what I remember happening. Just the green selection went away...I'll verify in a little bit.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Feature Request: Exit Screen

Hi Dirk,

I hope you wouldn't mind adding the ability to:
  1. Log out of Windows, exit all programs
  2. Reboot Computer
  3. Shut Down Computer
  4. Sleep Computer

To the exit screen of SageMC. In particular the one I would use most is numero uno. I have a MCE remote and I put the client in the bedroom to sleep when I am done for the evening. The problem is that because FSE is enabled it doesn't always wake up in a great mood. If I exit Sage, log out of Windows, and sleep the computer, I am able to wake it up in a more cooperative state. With the MCE remote and native drivers (not using HIP or anything else) I can't relaunch Sage from the remote. If I am logged out of Windows, it relaunches when I select with the remote to log back on.

TIA,

B
Old 09-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Confirmed. You can no longer select the preview title to go back to full screen playback. So, 6.10 broke the selection bar from showing up, and 6.10a broke being able to even select it!

Thanks again Dirk. I really hope you realize how much we all love having you work on this STV. I hope that we don't bother you enough to burn you out. If we do, please let us know to "step off," and give you some breathing room. We would rather you go to Italy or somewhere for vacation, than totally abandon us! *group hug*
Old 09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Ditto on the losing it! I guess for me, its just all that damn fighting trying to get those Genre Icons to show, and still wont! Argh!
Try the attached STV version in which I fixed the IsFilePath() issue, maybe this works for you too. I also added code to replace a "/" in genre names with "-", so Mike feel free to test this, and let me know if it works (I dont have any videos with those genre names available)

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169_6_10a-genre.zip (414.4 KB, 222 views)
Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Dirk!

I'll try it out tonight after the kids are in bed.

Aloha,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
*group hug*
Umm....Nobody saw that.....right?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-06-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The Sage API IsFilePath() seems to be buggy, I replaced it with a straight java.io.File.exists() call, and now all icons show up !
Don't forget: The SageTV API calls for file access are relative to the SageTV server. If you want to make sure you are accessing a file local to the current UI, then use the java file access calls. See the tip on p. 139 of the v5.0 Studio manual.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Don't forget: The SageTV API calls for file access are relative to the SageTV server. If you want to make sure you are accessing a file local to the current UI, then use the java file access calls. See the tip on p. 139 of the v5.0 Studio manual.

- Andy
Umhhh, ok I take the "buggy" back ...

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Confirmed. You can no longer select the preview title to go back to full screen playback. So, 6.10 broke the selection bar from showing up, and 6.10a broke being able to even select it!

But only when you are in the menu buttons on the left side, right ? I tried to fix some focus issues in 6.10a by wrapping the vertical navigation in this panel, but didn't think about the preview window ... I'll revert this change in the next update ...

Quote:
Thanks again Dirk. I really hope you realize how much we all love having you work on this STV. I hope that we don't bother you enough to burn you out. If we do, please let us know to "step off," and give you some breathing room. We would rather you go to Italy or somewhere for vacation, than totally abandon us! *group hug*
Thanks for the kind words. Dont worry, it's still fun for me, and I'll step back myself in case I need to ...

Dirk
Old 09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ok, that's weird. I could have sworn that I saw this post earlier in the thread. I even looked at the attached picture, but now its jumped to the latest post. I must be losing it....
Nope just fighting to be heard on this conflict issue. It seems I am the only one interested. I get the point
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Nope just fighting to be heard on this conflict issue. It seems I am the only one interested. I get the point
Nope, I am interested to, but I am letting you do the dirty work
Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
My solution to conflict management was just to throw more tuners at the problem. Now it isn't much of an issue anymore, but every once in a while I still have to deal with it. Keep up the good fight!

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 09-06-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My solution to conflict management was just to throw more tuners at the problem. Now it isn't much of an issue anymore, but every once in a while I still have to deal with it. Keep up the good fight!

Aloha,
Mike
LOL, me too. 2 FusionHDTV cards and a dual tuner PVR-500, doesn't lend itself to conflicts very often...

But, I like the work that is hopefully going to be done on the conflict management. Also like the little photoshops that were posted.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Try the attached STV version in which I fixed the IsFilePath() issue, maybe this works for you too. I also added code to replace a "/" in genre names with "-", so Mike feel free to test this, and let me know if it works (I dont have any videos with those genre names available)

Dirk
Works perfect!!!!! Beer's on me!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
But only when you are in the menu buttons on the left side, right ? I tried to fix some focus issues in 6.10a by wrapping the vertical navigation in this panel, but didn't think about the preview window ... I'll revert this change in the next update ...
Thanks- Glad to hear I am not crazy!

Also- a while back you added a new premieres catagory, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. I have it enabled in the sageMC preferences.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
Thanks- Glad to hear I am not crazy!

Also- a while back you added a new premieres catagory, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. I have it enabled in the sageMC preferences.

Thanks
It's located in My TV...Schedule

Cycle through the top button selection, and when you click on it once, and nothing happens, wait about 2-3 seconds, and you'll see Premieres. You can change the number of days it looks out, which is directly proportional to how log it takes for that catagory to show up.

I have mine set to 14 days, since I don't check it that often, but it takes about 4-5 seconds to come up. 7 days is much faster.