SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
EDIT:
I see you figured it out on your own! Good job! This should help clarify how things work though...

As clear as mud! Seriously, thanks. I'm not using any of Mike's glassy icons, etc right now. But I may eventually. I think I've fiddled with this enough for starters. Gonna give it some time and see what else I want after I learn more about what all I already have. KnowwhatImean?

One (more) quick question ... I've downloaded the movie trailers and played a few. But ... 1) it's playing the trailer in a small window, rather than full-screen which is awkward, and 2) is it correct that I have to pick the movie, pick the theatre, and then click "play trailer" or is there a way to bring up a list of all available trailers to choose from right from the get-go?

Seriously, once I finish setting up the trailers situation and genre my movies I'm done fiddling with it for today.

--Heidi
Old 09-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
As clear as mud! Seriously, thanks. I'm not using any of Mike's glassy icons, etc right now. But I may eventually. I think I've fiddled with this enough for starters. Gonna give it some time and see what else I want after I learn more about what all I already have. KnowwhatImean?

One (more) quick question ... I've downloaded the movie trailers and played a few. But ... 1) it's playing the trailer in a small window, rather than full-screen which is awkward, and 2) is it correct that I have to pick the movie, pick the theatre, and then click "play trailer" or is there a way to bring up a list of all available trailers to choose from right from the get-go?

Seriously, once I finish setting up the trailers situation and genre my movies I'm done fiddling with it for today.

--Heidi
Heidi.

Yes, the navigation of getting to the trailers is how you described it. It's been pointed out in the MT thread, that it would be ideal if you could just browse movies, then select a theater at that point, once you decided you were interested in seeing it...not sure that will change any time soon though.

There is a setting in the configuration of MT for the player options. Just type -fs (or it may be with a space, - fs) in the option box. That should get you full screen.

"Seriously, once I finish setting up the trailers situation and genre my movies I'm done fiddling with it for today."

Yeah, right. We've all said that once before!

Jason.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It's been pointed out in the MT thread, that it would be ideal if you could just browse movies, then select a theater at that point, once you decided you were interested in seeing it...not sure that will change any time soon though.

Yeah, right. We've all said that once before!

Thank you very much for your help. I had seen where people were asking about a different browsing structure, but didn't know if I was just being dense about moving around the menus myself.

Almost done for the day. Really!

--Heidi
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Sage User

can't find sagemc options on settings menu

Hi:

Just installed sagemc for the first time and I don't see sagemc options on settings menu under advanced. Is there something i'm missing?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way to manually assign genres to items not in IMDB? I have a bunch of family home movies in my database.

--Heidi
Old 09-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwisegarver
Hi:

Just installed sagemc for the first time and I don't see sagemc options on settings menu under advanced. Is there something i'm missing?

This is one I know intimately after spending the last 48 hours setting everything up. Got to Settings > Detailed Setup > Advanced. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list on the right where is says SageMC 16x9 options and select Edit.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Sage User

Sagemc Options

The only SageMC 16 9 is where it says sagetv application package. Under that is import SageTV option and that's it. I really feel i'm missing something stupid here.

Willard
Old 09-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Sage Icon

I think you need to specify sage169 XML file, not STV file. Might have to manually edit the properties file to set it.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwisegarver
The only SageMC 16 9 is where it says sagetv application package. Under that is import SageTV option and that's it. I really feel i'm missing something stupid here.

Willard
Yep, you have either an old version of the STV, or are using the .stv file type (which in itself, would be an old STV file).

You'll have to shut down Sage, and edit sage.properties file and change the .stv to .xml.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Sage User

Fixed menu

Thanks for the quick reply's, the xml change in properties file fixed it.

Willard
Old 09-13-2006, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Can someone post a .my file so I can see the format?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-13-2006, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Can someone post a .my file so I can see the format?
Here's an example of what SageMC creates for a TV show:

Code:
title=Eureka
TVEpisode=Primal
TVOverview=Fargo invents a mental mouse that links the human brain to a mainframe computer; Taggart uses nanoids to heal a local mutt.
overview=Fargo invents a mental mouse that links the human brain to a mainframe computer; Taggart uses nanoids to heal a local mutt.
TVStartDate=9/12/06
TVStartTime=8:58 PM
TVEndTime=10:02 PM
TVFile=\\mediapc\recordings\Eureka-Primal-1859547-0.mpg
TVFirstRun=true
TVFavorite=true
TVManual=false
TVLibrary=false
TVGenre=Drama/Science fiction
TVActors=Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Joe Morton, Jordan Hinson, Debrah Farentino, Ed Quinn, Andrew Cosby, Jamie Paglia
actors=Colin Ferguson, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Joe Morton, Jordan Hinson, Debrah Farentino, Ed Quinn, Andrew Cosby, Jamie Paglia
TVLanguage=English
TVOriginalAiringDate=9/12/06
TVChannelNumber=65
TVChannelName=SCIFI
TVChannelDescription=Sci-Fi Channel
TVExternalID=EP8401790009
I think the standard attributes are

title
overview
actors
released

The TV* fields are taken from the SageTV airing info

Dirk
Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks!

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-13-2006, 04:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Here's an example of what SageMC creates for a TV show:
I think the standard attributes are

title
overview
actors
released

The TV* fields are taken from the SageTV airing info

Dirk
I think the .my files have more info in them if the recorded item is a movie. I'll see if I have one of those around to post.
Code:
title=History of the World: Part I
TVEpisode=
TVOverview=Bawdy segments include the dawn of man, Moses (Mel Brooks), Nero (Dom DeLuise), an empress (Madeline Kahn), the Inquisition and the French Revolution.
overview=Bawdy segments include the dawn of man, Moses (Mel Brooks), Nero (Dom DeLuise), an empress (Madeline Kahn), the Inquisition and the French Revolution.
TVStartDate=9/4/06
TVStartTime=3:00 AM
TVEndTime=5:00 AM
TVFile=F:\HistoryoftheWorldPartI-3235422-0.mpg
TVFirstRun=false
TVFavorite=false
TVManual=false
TVLibrary=false
TVDuration=93
TVGenre=Movie/Comedy
TVActors=Mel Brooks, Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn, Harvey Korman, Cloris Leachman, Ron Carey, Gregory Hines, Pamela Stephenson, Andreas Voutsinas, Shecky Greene, Sid Caesar, Howard Morris, Rudy DeLuca, Mary-Margaret Humes, Mel Brooks, Mel Brooks
actors=Mel Brooks, Dom DeLuise, Madeline Kahn, Harvey Korman, Cloris Leachman, Ron Carey, Gregory Hines, Pamela Stephenson, Andreas Voutsinas, Shecky Greene, Sid Caesar, Howard Morris, Rudy DeLuca, Mary-Margaret Humes, Mel Brooks, Mel Brooks
TVRated=R
TVYear=1981
released=1981
TVExpandedRatings=Language
TVMiscList=**
TVLanguage=English
TVChannelNumber=56
TVChannelName=BRAVO
TVChannelDescription=Bravo
TVExternalID=MV0025370000

Last edited by kricker; 09-13-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk, do you know what the difference between the way SageTV handles conflicts, and the way SageMC does?
Not much magic here ... The (original) SageMC conflict handling is more limited: it shows you the conflicts, but it never clears the conflicts even after you take action, so that you always see that there are shows which will not get recorded.

Since a lot of people did not like this and were asking for some more options I took the plunge and added the conflict resolution code of the default STV to SageMC. So SageMC should behave in almost the same way as the default STV if this option is selected.

Dirk
Old 09-13-2006, 06:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Not much magic here ... The (original) SageMC conflict handling is more limited: it shows you the conflicts, but it never clears the conflicts even after you take action, so that you always see that there are shows which will not get recorded.

Since a lot of people did not like this and were asking for some more options I took the plunge and added the conflict resolution code of the default STV to SageMC. So SageMC should behave in almost the same way as the default STV if this option is selected.

Dirk
It still leaves behind that pesky little conflict mark though instead of just leaving the show in the list. The original does not behave this way. The original can both clear the mark 'and' still leave the conflicting show in the list if that particular show has been "accepted" as ok. SageMC cannot do this.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the information Dirk. Helps a lot.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
The original can both clear the mark 'and' still leave the conflicting show in the list if that particular show has been "accepted" as ok. SageMC cannot do this.

I think this is enough proof that SageMC can do this.

You have to handle all existing conflicts... Once this is done, the conflict icon should change to the green 'ResolvedConflict' icon (it also can take sometimes a minute or two until the Sage core updates the schedule). I admit that I don't get that many conflicting recordings (not enough time to actually watch some shows ), but it works this way for me all the time. And when I switch over to the default STV, I get the exact same options to choose from.

Dirk
Old 09-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk, thanks for the channel fix in the series settings. Works perfectly now.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I think this is enough proof that SageMC can do this.

You have to handle all existing conflicts... Once this is done, the conflict icon should change to the green 'ResolvedConflict' icon (it also can take sometimes a minute or two until the Sage core updates the schedule). I admit that I don't get that many conflicting recordings (not enough time to actually watch some shows ), but it works this way for me all the time. And when I switch over to the default STV, I get the exact same options to choose from.

Dirk
Not if there is still not enough tuner space. SageMC does clear the mark if by choosing one show over the other, enough tuner space is freed up. If there is still a conflict though and tuner space is not available, choosing to always record one over another will NOT clear the mark.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Closed Thread