SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Sage Expert

imdb pictures no refresh

I am doing the generation of .my files which seems to increase the probability for successfull IMDB search but the picture doesn't appear the first time unless I exit the screen and go back. I see the arrow appear and disapear but the picture doesn't show up for the first time unless I go back to that screen.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, is it making anyone else snicker sophomorically that it says "Atlantic Surface Anal" on every screen? (Sorry!)

Maybe a font adjustment to get the whole word in there?

--Heidi
Old 09-25-2006, 05:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Ahh, that was the 'other' project you were working on ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Dirk, you are welcome to merge it into the standard release if you think it makes sense, otherwise I can make a seperate download page for it.
This looks great, and adds so much value that I'll include it into the STV. I always missed that functionality but never had the motivation to add this myself, so I am really glad someone finally did

Dirk
Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Sage Icon

Did i miss something about a new iTV theme???!!!
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 09-25-2006, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

Other than some tease pictures of it, I dont think you missed anything yet.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

got it and tease they did
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 09-25-2006, 06:32 AM
Sage Icon

ok-another thing---I just noticed I am not using all the fancy new icons! oh no. I installed the latest version (6.12 i believe). Extracted everything into the right locations and still get the regular ol red recording icons....is there something else i am supposed to be doing?
thanks
JUC

Old 09-25-2006, 06:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
ok-another thing---I just noticed I am not using all the fancy new icons! oh no. I installed the latest version (6.12 i believe). Extracted everything into the right locations and still get the regular ol red recording icons....is there something else i am supposed to be doing?
thanks
JUC
Yup, you need Mike's (MeInMaui) icon sets. he has them in a thread in this forum, or they are linked in his signature.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Sage Icon

seems that way--for some reason i thought they would be included as default icons....
thanks
JUC

Old 09-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Did i miss something about a new iTV theme???!!!
Thanks
JUC
Ha! Sorry about the tease. I didn't think about that. I need to do some more tweaking before I put out an initial copy. I was planning to be there by now but the weathermap thing crept into my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
OK, is it making anyone else snicker sophomorically that it says "Atlantic Surface Anal" on every screen? (Sorry!)

Maybe a font adjustment to get the whole word in there?
Whoops The text displayed varies based on the display resolution and font style/size used. It didn't go Anal until I went out of fullscreen. That uses the standard left button panel theme which follows ui/controls_font_style and ui/controls_font_face. Since Dirk is merging this in I'll leave it up to him if he wants to use a cusom font setting for that....
Old 09-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Sage User

Dirk,

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Darn, I can't reproduce it here, and don't see anything in the code that could be causing it ...
I think I just found out what the problem is, and corrected it while testing.
I realized that the "box" I was getting below the title when viewing a video (that did not appear in LiveTV) was in fact the shadow/border for the title box, so I opened the xml file and started looking.

This folowing code is from your XML

Quote:
<Menu ID="217" Name="MC MediaPlayer OSD" Sym="Menu:MCMediaPlayerOSD">
<Conditional Name="DisplayInfo">
<Branch Name="1">
<Action Name="Airing = GetCurrentMediaFile()">
<Conditional Name="IsTVFile(Airing)">
<Panel Name="Main">
<AnchorX>.5</AnchorX>
<AnchorY>0.02</AnchorY>
<FixedWidth>0.98</FixedWidth>
<Insets>.005</Insets>
<WrapHNav>false</WrapHNav>
<WrapVNav>false</WrapVNav>
<IgnoreThemeProps>false</IgnoreThemeProps>
<Shape Ref="1058" Name="Background"/>
This is for the LiveTV OSD, the part at the Top of the screen. And this is the same part but for the Video

Quote:
<Conditional ID="1429" Name="!IsTVFile(Airing) &amp;&amp; IsLibraryFile(Airing) &amp;&amp; !IsMusicFile(Airing) &amp;&amp; !IsDVD(Airing)">
<Panel Name="Main">
<BackgroundAlpha>=(OSDX * 255)</BackgroundAlpha>
<AnchorX>.5</AnchorX>
<AnchorY>0.02</AnchorY>
<FixedWidth>0.96</FixedWidth>
<FixedHeight>0.25</FixedHeight>
<Insets>.005</Insets>
<WrapHNav>false</WrapHNav>
<WrapVNav>false</WrapVNav>
<IgnoreThemeProps>false</IgnoreThemeProps>
<RenderXFormScaleX>=OSDX</RenderXFormScaleX>
<RenderXFormScaleY>=OSDX</RenderXFormScaleY>
<Shape Ref="1058" Name="Background"/>
There are a few diferences, so I changed the <FixedWidth> value to that of the livetv, and removed the others, <BackgroundAlpha>, <FixedHeight>, <RenderXFormScaleX> and <RenderXFormScaleY>. Saved and loaded SageTV, and voila, problem fixed, no more box below the title, and now I have a nice, transparent border arround the title box.
I'm using 6.12a version with Favorite Channel List Plugin, BlueTwo Black theme.

Quote:
This probably requires a lot of work, so it will not be high on my priority list. Maybe I can solve your problem differently ...
Ok, how so???

Quote:
Yeah, this certainly possible...
Thanks, and I have yet another sugestion, this one might need MenInMaui's help.

In the main menu, the LiveTV link has a submenu that you can access(pressing right), is it possible to give a visual clue to the user that this submenu exists??? an arrow or something? maybe a diferent selection bar picture with the clue in it (if so all current pack's would need to be updated by MenInMaui).

Also I have an idea for an automatic conflict resolution scheme, but this would require a bigger explanation, PM me if you are interested, I might even be able to do the code myself if it is possible.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

My Weathermap import refresh problem

I noticed a little problem with the weathermap page. The images are not refreshing. I thought I had checked that but I was shutting down quite a bit while developing and didn't notice it. That is fine as long as the weather never changes!

I didn't think the internet images were cached but it appears that is what sage is doing. Anybody have a solution to force an image reload???
Old 09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I noticed a little problem with the weathermap page. The images are not refreshing. I thought I had checked that but I was shutting down quite a bit while developing and didn't notice it. That is fine as long as the weather never changes!

I didn't think the internet images were cached but it appears that is what sage is doing. Anybody have a solution to force an image reload???
Yeah, I was just about to bring this up ...

If you use the Sage API to load images (either from disk or URL), the Sage core will cache the pics for the lifetime of the GUI session, and there is no way to force an update for this cache ...

Guess we have to find some alternative code for the image loading ...

Dirk
Old 09-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yeah, I was just about to bring this up ...

If you use the Sage API to load images (either from disk or URL), the Sage core will cache the pics for the lifetime of the GUI session, and there is no way to force an update for this cache ...

Guess we have to find some alternative code for the image loading ...

Dirk
Does UnloadImage() not work?

http://download.sage.tv/api/sage/api...va.lang.String)

-Jason
Old 09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Does UnloadImage() not work?

http://download.sage.tv/api/sage/api...va.lang.String)

-Jason
Nope, that would be nice. I had tried loadImage() and unloadImage() and it does not clear the cached buffer.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nope, that would be nice. I had tried loadImage() and unloadImage() and it does not clear the cached buffer.
Don't worry about this problem any more, I know now how to do it ...

Dirk
Old 09-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Don't worry about this problem any more, I know now how to do it ...

Dirk
Any hints???
Old 09-25-2006, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Any hints???
Oh, of course, didnt think this would be interesting enough ...

You can retrieve an image from an URL by using javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(), and the result works fine with the Sage image widget.

Dirk
Old 09-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
seems that way--for some reason i thought they would be included as default icons....
thanks
JUC
Just as a tease...

-Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_1.jpg (41.0 KB, 257 views)
Old 09-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Sage Icon

=) LOL. ^^^