SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Exclamation SageMC Weather Map Import - Take 2

Update!

Updated the Weathermap Import to correct the problem of refreshing the images. This can be used until Dirk has the next release with it included...

Now import SageMC_Weathermaps_1a.xml and it should replace the previously imported version.

The post has been updated with the new file:
Weather Map Import version 1a
Old 09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Nice! Heck I can even use your default images. Lucky Me!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I am doing the generation of .my files which seems to increase the probability for successfull IMDB search
Hi snoopy, the generation of .my files has really nothing to do with the IMDB search

Quote:
but the picture doesn't appear the first time unless I exit the screen and go back. I see the arrow appear and disapear but the picture doesn't show up for the first time unless I go back to that screen.
I get this off and on too, sometimes more often, sometimes not at all, so I suspect it has to to do with the actual web access. Nielms functiions doea background lookup, and I wait in the code until all background activity is finished, but it still occurs, and I havent found a remedy yet. But I think it's not that big of a deal anymore with the cache functionality in place

Dirk
Old 09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Just as a tease...

-Jason
Oh that's just WRONG!
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Hi snoopy, the generation of .my files has really nothing to do with the IMDB search

I get this off and on too, sometimes more often, sometimes not at all, so I suspect it has to to do with the actual web access. Nielms functiions doea background lookup, and I wait in the code until all background activity is finished, but it still occurs, and I havent found a remedy yet. But I think it's not that big of a deal anymore with the cache functionality in place

Dirk
Keep up the great work! Thanks.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan
I think I just found out what the problem is, and corrected it while testing.
I realized that the "box" I was getting below the title when viewing a video (that did not appear in LiveTV) was in fact the shadow/border for the title box, so I opened the xml file and started looking.
Yeah, I see, the weird thing is that this shadow/box doesn't show up at all on my screen (though when I select the widget in Studio I see the actual size of the frame). Anyway, I'll fix this in the next version, thanks for the heads-up ...

Quote:
Also I have an idea for an automatic conflict resolution scheme, but this would require a bigger explanation, PM me if you are interested, I might even be able to do the code myself if it is possible.
You're welcome to send me more details by PM, I make no promises, but I always have an open ear for suggestions ...

Dirk
Old 09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Sage Expert

close file option

When I am testing SageTV or installing for the first time, I often do it with the mouse and keyboard. In the default STV, I can right-click and get the option to 'stop playback' of a show. Would it be possible to add that to SageMC?

BTW using left/right for com-skip just while a show is playing is a great idea! Thanks for that.
-- Snoopy
Old 09-26-2006, 04:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
When I am testing SageTV or installing for the first time, I often do it with the mouse and keyboard. In the default STV, I can right-click and get the option to 'stop playback' of a show. Would it be possible to add that to SageMC?
Cant you just learn the keyboard commands, like Cntl-G for STOP, Cntl-D for play, etc etc? I mean that to me makes more sense than having Dirk write in mouse commands or whatever, when he could be working on something cool like the great idea that Mike and I came up with for handling (oh I better not say this out loud!).
Old 09-26-2006, 06:12 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Cant you just learn the keyboard commands, like Cntl-G for STOP, Cntl-D for play, etc etc? I mean that to me makes more sense than having Dirk write in mouse commands or whatever, when he could be working on something cool like the great idea that Mike and I came up with for handling (oh I better not say this out loud!).
Control G for stop. OK. I thought it might be something easy to add but likely not from what I am reading.
-- Snoopy
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 AM
Sage Icon

Most all the commands have keyboard shortcuts listed in the sage manual. Thats where I picked some up that I needed to know. control-x is guide, control-i is info, control-f is forward skip 1, etc. That was about the extent of what I needed to know for keyboard commands.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

You teasers...

You can expect the same from me then, when and if, I ever work with someone on a "feature!"
Old 09-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Sage Icon

Well I'm not really "working" on anything, just posed an idea to Mike about a graphic option, which then blossomed into a pretty cool sounding feature..
Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

I must have not read closely enough to catch it...
Old 09-26-2006, 09:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
You teasers...

You can expect the same from me then, when and if, I ever work with someone on a "feature!"
Maybe you and I can work on a secret feature......so secret we don't even know what it is.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
Maybe you and I can work on a secret feature......so secret we don't even know what it is.
LOL. Yeah, it's going to be so cool when you can use the thing, to select that other thing, and make it to where it shows you certain things, on that one menu that has a bunch of things on it that would be really useful to a lot of people...

Is that the one?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL. Yeah, it's going to be so cool when you can use the thing, to select that other thing, and make it to where it shows you certain things, on that one menu that has a bunch of things on it that would be really useful to a lot of people...

Is that the one?
That cant be the one, because that idea was already shot down!
Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
.....or was it........
Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nope it's definitely not that one. But don't worry, there is at least one more stealth feature that Kirby doesn't even know about.

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Nope it's definitely not that one. But don't worry, there is at least one more stealth feature that Kirby doesn't even know about.

Mike
Are you sure?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I'm sure. I'll tell you what. I'll use a Jedi mind trick to distract you. (This is a hint...or is it?)

"Great lessons are supposedly simple. Yet diligence in seeking knowledge bestows ample rewards."
-Anonymous

Please don't spill the beans if you figure it out. But feel free to tell others that you are "in the know". Good luck!

Aloha,
Mike