SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
Yes, I'm sure. I'll tell you what. I'll use a Jedi mind trick to distract you. (This is a hint...or is it?)

"Great lessons are supposedly simple. Yet diligence in seeking knowledge bestows ample rewards."
-Anonymous

Please don't spill the beans if you figure it out. But feel free to tell others that you are "in the know". Good luck!

Aloha,
Mike
Mike, you are no longer a Jedi Master, you are a Sith Lord!!! Evil!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Mike, you are no longer a Jedi Master, you are a Sith Lord!!! Evil!!!!!!!
That's really funny in light of this post I submitted earlier today. :evil grin:
Old 09-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

I recently installed SageMC and have tried to use it with placeshifter. I have installed 6.12a. I have been experiencing the problem where placeshifter closes when trying to bring up an option menu.

I posted here how I did the install... Since it has been mentioned that the problem is fixed, I must have flubbed something.

Any ideas?

-amg
Old 09-26-2006, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg
I recently installed SageMC and have tried to use it with placeshifter. I have installed 6.12a. I have been experiencing the problem where placeshifter closes when trying to bring up an option menu.

I posted here how I did the install... Since it has been mentioned that the problem is fixed, I must have flubbed something.

Any ideas?

-amg
Hi amg,

the problem is actually not completely fixed, and I still can't really figure out what is causing it. The weird thing is that the options menu works fine on two of my computers (which initially made me think it has been fixed), but it still closes down placeshifter on a third one.

Edit: I just noticed that I still had the UI animations enabled on this other machine. After I disabled all three animation settings (in SageMC options / Visual) the options menu works even on this machine. Give this a try ...

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 09-26-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

First off, these themes are sweet!.

I have one bug that I need help with. I have a firefly remote, and after applying this SageMC, my numeric keys no longer work correctly. While watching live TV, I can't enter in a channel to swith too. HELP!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Sage Expert

Possible bug...

Dirk-

Just found a possible issue...

Play a music file from within Sage and then hit exit until you hit the main menu... then hit exit one more time...

It jumps to the internal screensaver and then goes to a 'blank screen'...

Is it just me?

-Jason
Old 09-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

Play a music file from within Sage and then hit exit until you hit the main menu... then hit exit one more time...

Is it just me?

-Jason
LOL, I think you found Dirk's easter egg...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have a strange issue that sprang up randomly 2 days ago.

I have the "online" icon (green icon wiht a hard drive in it) that appeared on EVERY sage screen from weather to home. I can't get rid of it and i dont know how it got there to begin with. Even after a system reboot its still there. Also on all of my clients

Anyone know what is up?

SageMC 6.10 w/glossy icons.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I have a strange issue that sprang up randomly 2 days ago.

I have the "online" icon (green icon wiht a hard drive in it) that appeared on EVERY sage screen from weather to home. I can't get rid of it and i dont know how it got there to begin with. Even after a system reboot its still there. Also on all of my clients

Anyone know what is up?

SageMC 6.10 w/glossy icons.
Fidgety. How many times do we have to tell you, to install the latest version of SageMC, to get rid of it?

This makes the 4th time...people are going to stop responding before too long...

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...=18778&page=20

Posts: 391, 395, 396, and now this post. This will be my last post regarding this problem...

Last edited by geogecko; 09-26-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrbrown77
First off, these themes are sweet!.

I have one bug that I need help with. I have a firefly remote, and after applying this SageMC, my numeric keys no longer work correctly. While watching live TV, I can't enter in a channel to swith too. HELP!!!!
Speaking of themes.. Is it just me or is the preview for one of the included themes broken? It shows the previous theme view.

B
Old 09-27-2006, 02:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Speaking of themes.. Is it just me or is the preview for one of the included themes broken? It shows the previous theme view.

B
Looks that way. It seems that the BlackMyst Mod theme has the preview from BlueTwo Blue Steel.

You can DL this preview I made and copy it over the preview in the Sagetv/STVs/SageTV3/SageMCE/Images_bm_m folder. It will replace the duplicate preview copy. IF you want to make your own, just load the theme and then do a screen print. Dump it into Paint, and resize as needed. Then save as preview.jpg and put in the proper folder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preview.jpg (25.6 KB, 264 views)
Old 09-27-2006, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry about that. I believe that was one of the themes that I converted back when mlbdude was doing this STV. He taught me how to do it, and I provided an images folder, but I at the time, was using an SDTV, and thought that a 4x3 image for the preview did not fit with all the other previews being in widescreen, so I did not provide one. I had thought that mlbdude might have included a screen capture of it, but I guess not.

It hasn't bothered me enough to be that big of a pain, because usually, once you've found a theme that you like, you'll never be back in that screen anyway, and that's probably why it hasn't really been brought up all that much.

Perhaps the base download should be updated with the above preview JPG?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
the problem is actually not completely fixed...
Quote:
I just noticed that I still had the UI animations enabled on this other machine. After I disabled all three animation settings (in SageMC options / Visual) the options menu works even on this machine. Give this a try ...
Yeah! It worked. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Sorry about that. I believe that was one of the themes that I converted back when mlbdude was doing this STV. He taught me how to do it, and I provided an images folder, but I at the time, was using an SDTV, and thought that a 4x3 image for the preview did not fit with all the other previews being in widescreen, so I did not provide one. I had thought that mlbdude might have included a screen capture of it, but I guess not.

It hasn't bothered me enough to be that big of a pain, because usually, once you've found a theme that you like, you'll never be back in that screen anyway, and that's probably why it hasn't really been brought up all that much.

Perhaps the base download should be updated with the above preview JPG?
Not too bothersome, just thought to report he bug. Thanks for the preview jpg.

B
Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry geogecko. I figured i only got the one reply in the icons thread regarding the issue and it didn't mention an upgrade. Figured I would ask here since it seemed more of an MC issue.

Thanks again for the responses.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
Sorry geogecko. I figured i only got the one reply in the icons thread regarding the issue and it didn't mention an upgrade. Figured I would ask here since it seemed more of an MC issue.

Thanks again for the responses.
No problem, you must have missed the other two responses. You are right, it is a SageMC issue, and not related to the show icons.

That should fix your problems though.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Dirk-

Is it just me?

-Jason
Hi Jason,

do you mean "Back" when you say 'hit exit' ? I tried it here, and from the main menu it goes to the 'visualization' screen, but I don't see a blank screen ... Anyway, I will fix this in the next version

Dirk
Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Hi Jason,

do you mean "Back" when you say 'hit exit' ? I tried it here, and from the main menu it goes to the 'visualization' screen, but I don't see a blank screen ... Anyway, I will fix this in the next version

Dirk

Yeah... I have my 'Exit' key on my remote linked to the Back command... Sorry about the mis-info...

-Jason
Old 09-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Yeah... I have my 'Exit' key on my remote linked to the Back command... Sorry about the mis-info...

-Jason
How should the 'exit key' be linked? I have mine linked to 'stop' and although only one number code for 'stop' is listed in the RC section of the properties file, I notice when I checked the mapping in SageTV Settings to see, It changes numbers based on how good the line-of-site is to my USB-UIRT. I wish I could get a better signal because this key always gives me problems. The other keys on the remote don't seem to?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy

Last edited by snoopy; 09-27-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
How should the 'exit key' be linked? I have mine linked to 'stop' and although only one number code for 'stop' is listed in the RC section of the properties file, I notice when I checked the mapping in SageTV Settings to see, It changes numbers based on how good the line-of-site is to my USB-UIRT. I wish I could get a better signal because this key always gives me problems. The other keys on the remote don't seem to?
As far as what key to bind to Back... it all depends on you... I use exit on my Harmony as it just seemed intuitive.

As far as your remote code values changing, I have never had that happen. What remote are you using? Some remotes send multi value codes and that may be your issue... (Hauppauge Remotes...)

-Jason