SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to tell SageTV to reload its media player from command line?

I have two sound cards on my sageTV setup. One sound card is actually an FM wireless broadcast transmitter and the other one is regular sound card.

I often switch back and forth between them. I am trying to automate switching between sound cards in SageTV. Is there any way to dynamically switch between sound cards in sageTV via command line? I can do this, so long as I know how to tell sageTV to reload it's media player from command line.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Maybe someone else would have a better solution, but you could use the SendMessage.exe utility in your SageTV directory to send a series of commands that would end up selecting the desired options in the UI... and that would work, provided that the UI options don't change, but you could update the commands list if it did. (That utility can batch a sequence of commands on a single command line, or you could break it up into several lines in a batch file.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Andy, I was actually hoping for something along the lines of a sending a message to sageTV which would directly reload the media player.

I'm guessing if it were easy to go into studio and map a send message # to the "reaload media player" command, you would have suggested how to do it that way

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
I'm guessing if it were easy to go into studio and map a send message # to the "reaload media player" command, you would have suggested how to do it that way
Well, you could do that if you first edited the STV to assign that capability to some command & make its listener global.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I mean easy for me, not you I would have no idea how to do that.

If its not too time consuming and inconvienent to explain, would you mind telling me (and future sageTV users who do a search) how map custom Windows message #s to sageTV commands? No worries if its too much to explain. I can live without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Well, you could do that if you first edited the STV to assign that capability to some command & make its listener global.

- Andy

***RIP SageTV***
Old 06-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
If its not too time consuming and inconvienent to explain, would you mind telling me (and future sageTV users who do a search) how map custom Windows message #s to sageTV commands? No worries if its too much to explain. I can live without it.
You wouldn't be changing some Windows message -- each SageTV command has an event number associated with it, which are listed with all the commands at the end of chapter 5 in the PDF manual. Any time you send a command to SageTV, its listener in the STV fires (if a listener has been defined by the STV developer in Studio).

Most commands have an intended purpose, but if you don't have a need for that purpose & the command isn't already defined in teh STV or has a default core definition, you could place it in a "Global" theme to have that command active everywhere. The Custom 1-5 commands are meant to be defined by the STV developer, but if you are using a custom STV or imports, some of those may already be used.

How to put all this together? Um, well that falls under the category of "How do I use Studio", and I already wrote a manual for that and a whole series of tutorials, which can be found in the Studio section of the fourm, so I would rather not re-explain that part.

In short, if you just want to have a batch file do this for you, you may be better off simply creating that series of commands that could go to known points in the UI & access those options, just as if you used the arrow & enter keys yourself.

Alternatively, maybe someone else knows an easy way to do the same thing via some java utility that could call SageTV functions directly. My solution is just one possible suggestion based on what I happen to be familiar with.

- Andy
Old 06-20-2006, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for explaining. Ill play around with studio this weekend.

***RIP SageTV***