SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Sage Icon

Local HD Broadcast on Verizon FiOS STB's Coax Output?

I just noticed tonight, that the Verizon FiOS boxes have a coax output that is supposed to go to a TV/VCR.

I know that they put out the local analog channels on this coax, or at least, the coax coming in, so I was wondering, is it possible that there might be local HD channels being put out on the same coax?

Anyone tried it?

If so, what setting did you use?

"Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Cable TV"

or

"Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Antenna/Broadcast?"

I'm thinking the last one, so I may just give it a shot. If this works, I'm going to kick myself with all the money I've spent trying to get an OTA antenna to work!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I just noticed tonight, that the Verizon FiOS boxes have a coax output that is supposed to go to a TV/VCR.

I know that they put out the local analog channels on this coax, or at least, the coax coming in, so I was wondering, is it possible that there might be local HD channels being put out on the same coax?

Anyone tried it?

If so, what setting did you use?

"Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Cable TV"

or

"Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Antenna/Broadcast?"

I'm thinking the last one, so I may just give it a shot. If this works, I'm going to kick myself with all the money I've spent trying to get an OTA antenna to work!!!
I wouldn't expect this to work. Likely the RF connecter will only display SD content. Is there a firewire connector on the box? I am close to being able to order FIOS myself, Verizon is almost done, so I don't have any practical experience with it. But if it is like any of the cable boxes I have dealt with, RF is SD only. Is your OTA stuff still not working? Also, I wouldn't mind doing some reading on this, if you'd post the make/model of the box maybe a pic of the connectors too.

HIH

B
Old 09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Nope, didn't work. Got jack for any OTA HD stuff.

Right off hand, I can't remember if there is a firewire port or not. But, I'll verify it, and if you're lucky, I might even post a picture of it.

I believe it's a Motorola QIP2500-1 or something like that. This is just the SD box. I'm not sure what model number they have for their HD DVR.

I have been very, very happy with my service (phone, intenet, TV) from Verizon. I have had it for at least 6-8 months now, and not a single problem, unlike when I had Comcast.

Also, there is some big thread somewhere, but if you do a search for Verizon FiOS STB or something, you'll find it (not on Sage).
Old 09-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Sage User

geogecko:

How are you changing the channels with Fios? I'm having the same problems described by mattporco here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=fios

Also, the Tivo Fios thread (with STB pics, and link to more pics) is here:
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=274788
Old 09-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcrider
geogecko:

How are you changing the channels with Fios? I'm having the same problems described by mattporco here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=fios

Also, the Tivo Fios thread (with STB pics, and link to more pics) is here:
http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sho...d.php?t=274788
I'll reply on the other thread that you listed above.