SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:56 PM

It works fine for me in NH, zip code 030xx
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I emailed movietimes@comcast.net to find out what's wrong.
I posted a new version which should fix the Apple problem!

http://home.comcast.net/~movietimes/mtsa/download.html

-Jim
Old 05-30-2008, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Jim! More trailers and posters than ever before!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by key master View Post

-Jim

***RIP SageTV***
Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by key master View Post

-Jim
"And there was much rejoicing"

Thank you. It works great again.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks keymaster, it works great here too! Wow, I had just set the quality to 1080 when it had failed, and now I have some really sharp trailers to view.

The regular download has now been updated to include the new MTSA version. And the new MTSA by itself is also at the bottom of the first post here.

Morgan
Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just switched from XP to Vista and I have trouble with the Task Scheduler, it does not want run the mtsa.exe file. I can run the file manually from command prompt and everything works fine but when task scheduler invokes the exe it just flashes a cmd window for a brief second and nothing happens. I also created a bat file to run the exe but I get the same thing. It looks like the exe launches but gets killed before it even writes to the log file. UAC is off and user running the task is an administrator. I have few other tasks that point to other batch files which work fine.

Any ideas?

Mariusz

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

You need to run it as a user with admin privileges and a password.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post

Gerry
I'm upgrading to Vista and am also having trouble getting the task scheduled. It pops up a cmd window but then immediately closes it. The task is set to run as the user I'm logged in as (with password).

On a related note, any chance anything's been broken either by 6.5.3 beta or the newest SageMC? I can't seem to get posters or trailers to show up. I've checked and re-checked my config file, and all the posters and trailers are in the folders that are listed in the config file. I just get blank areas where the posters should be above each movie name, and all of the movies that have trailers area properly giving me an option to Play Trailer, but hitting that button doesn't do anything.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
I'm upgrading to Vista and am also having trouble getting the task scheduled. It pops up a cmd window but then immediately closes it. The task is set to run as the user I'm logged in as (with password).

On a related note, any chance anything's been broken either by 6.5.3 beta or the newest SageMC? I can't seem to get posters or trailers to show up. I've checked and re-checked my config file, and all the posters and trailers are in the folders that are listed in the config file. I just get blank areas where the posters should be above each movie name, and all of the movies that have trailers area properly giving me an option to Play Trailer, but hitting that button doesn't do anything.
Do you get any log file update when the mtsa program tries to start?

I am one behind on each of those versions but should be able to upgrade tomorrow and try it myself.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Do you get any log file update when the mtsa program tries to start?

I am one behind on each of those versions but should be able to upgrade tomorrow and try it myself.
No, no log file. (The log file is updated properly when I run mtsa manually, just not as a scheduled task.)

Also, if I set the task to run quiet.exe instead of mtsa.exe, I immediately get a popup window with this:

"Error: 'mtsa.exe' not found in current directory "C:\Windows\system32". This may be because you do not have quiet.exe in the same folder as mtsa.exe or you may not have the current directory set as the same as mtsa.exe in the Windows shortcut or task."

FWIW, they are in the same directory, but not the C:\MTSA directory that was defined by default. Instead, I put them in C:\Program Files\MovieTimes.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Make sure you have the MTSA.exe path specified for the "Start in:".

If that is not it, there is also a chance that it may not like that directory. Sometimes program may have trouble with directory or file names that have any spaces. I wouldn't think it's the case for this program but it is a possibility.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
Make sure you have the MTSA.exe path specified for the "Start in:".

If that is not it, there is also a chance that it may not like that directory. Sometimes program may have trouble with directory or file names that have any spaces. I wouldn't think it's the case for this program but it is a possibility.
That did it. I don't think I had that setting in XP, or if so at least didn't know I was using it...

Oh, and after a few reboots, the trailers and posters finally started showing up. Not sure what was going on - maybe something related to moving over all the trailers and posters I had on the pre-upgraded machine? Anyway, all seems to be working now.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Gerry
I can't seem to do this. I entered my login name and I do not have a password, so I left it blank, it keeps giving me permission errors.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really like this import, but was wondering if there are any plans to bring it up-to-date with the current animation system. Also, I cannot back out of the movie trailer info screen using the left button even though "left as back" is enabled.

Thanks for the great import.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Gerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGk View Post
I can't seem to do this. I entered my login name and I do not have a password, so I left it blank, it keeps giving me permission errors.
I'll say it again-You NEED to run it as a user WITH a password and admin privileges.
As you can see it won't run as a user without a password. Create another user, add it to the Administrator group and give it a password. (Some people will also run the service as Administrator if it has a password.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I figured out the problem..it had other locations in the location file, I cleaned it up and all works well now as far as running the mtsa.exe file. I am now having a problem getting the information to appear in sagemc. I added movietimes main to the main menu, but when i go to it, it tells me to update the data bc no info was found.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
SageTVaholic

It's not a ture client-server plugin. What you have to do is configure the file on the SageTV server in a shared directory all your clients have access to. You will be able to configure it through the plugin's config screen. Once you do that you then need to go into the .properties file and for all the aperry listings change the letter path to a UNC path. Now copy the aperry lines from that .properties file to any other sage client .properties file on the network. They should all now see the config file and get and play movie trailers.

Gerry
Old 12-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's not a ture client-server plugin. What you have to do is configure the file on the SageTV server in a shared directory all your clients have access to. You will be able to configure it through the plugin's config screen. Once you do that you then need to go into the .properties file and for all the aperry listings change the letter path to a UNC path. Now copy the aperry lines from that .properties file to any other sage client .properties file on the network. They should all now see the config file and get and play movie trailers.

Gerry
Thank you, I got kind of lost here though. Not exactly sure what steps to take.

I have the program in C:\MovieTimes. Here is what's in the .properties file:
aperry/MtsaConfigFile=C\:\\MovieTimes\\config.xml
aperry/MtsaExecutable=C\:\\MovieTimes\\mtsa.exe
aperry/MtsaMovieListNumRows=6
aperry/MtsaMovieListView=false
aperry/MtsaMovieNumCols=2
aperry/MtsaMovieNumRows=2
aperry/MtsaSageInternalPlayer=true
aperry/MtsaTrailersEnable=true

Sorry for my ignorance I just have never done anything like this before.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry. I fyou are using just one machine to be the Sage server and client you're fine. If not, then the paths will look like the following. My server name is MAIN. The clients won't need the mtsaexecutale.
Quote:
aperry/MtsaConfigFile=\\\\MAIN\\MovieTimes\\config.xml
aperry/MtsaMovieListNumRows=6
aperry/MtsaMovieListView=false
aperry/MtsaMovieNumCols=3
aperry/MtsaMovieNumRows=2
aperry/MtsaSageInternalPlayer=true
aperry/MtsaTheaterListNumRows=6
aperry/MtsaTrailerOptions=
aperry/MtsaTrailersEnable=true
Gerry
Old 12-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using a server and 2 extenders. So far I installed movietimes, successfully scheduled it to run daily, and added it to SageMC menu. I'm stuck now because it doesn't display any info in sage, it says to run the program for movie updates, although the information is downloaded.