SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Everything is working fine and getting new movies, but some REAL old ones mixed in as well, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Space Balls and a few others....
Old 02-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Everything is working fine and getting new movies, but some REAL old ones mixed in as well, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Space Balls and a few others....
This is driving me crazy. I have 2 servers (2003) and 2 clients (XP). I've tried downloading the standalone version of Movie Times, unzipping it to a "C:\MTSA" folder (the default) and running it and it's not downloading movie information. I even bypassed my firewall and connected one of the clients directly to the Internet and the app is pulling this down from port 80 so there's absolutely no problems. I have verified my .Net 2.0 and 2.0 SP2 installations.

Zippster, can you humor me? Can you zip up and post your movietimes folder with everything but the pictures and trailors? You can email it to me; I'll PM you my email address.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

No problem Shield, Ill get it out to you bud.

* Actually the MovieTimes folder doesnt have the pics and trailors, just the theater info, trailors, pics are in the MTSA folder if that helps at all. ??

Been so long since I installed and played with this though, not sure if that was the way its supposed to be exactly or just the way I set it up.

Last edited by Zippster; 02-20-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not Grabing Movie Info

Mine seems to have stopped grabbing Movie Data. Not sure if something has changed or if I'm suffering from a personal problem. Has anyone else recently started having problems?
Old 02-21-2009, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

At last, someone else that's experiencing what I am! Anyone else?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Movietimes broken again?

A perfectly working setup stopped working on it own. Did something change that requires MTSA.exe to be updated again?

I haven't tried this plugin in a while, but the last time time i tried it, it work fine and successfully downloaded updates every day.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Last download of movies and posters occurred for me on 2/19. It runs everyday but of course won't download anything if it already exists. It's possible it's broken again. Someone should probably contact the mtsa author.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Gerry, I just notified the author. The trailers and posters for my setup are relatively old; since I just restored my entire PC's data from back in December (where everything was working correctly). After I deleted all the old trailers and posters just now, running the standalone executable ends up quietly exiting with no data downloaded (and no errors in the log file).

I know that the standalone app is country specific; so, its possible it's working for some people and not others. But, I'm not sure why it would work for some people in the United States and not for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Last download of movies and posters occurred for me on 2/19. It runs everyday but of course won't download anything if it already exists. It's possible it's broken again. Someone should probably contact the mtsa author.

Gerry

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

I received an email from the author of mtsa.exe and he said he would take a look at it.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

I can confirm that MTSA stopped working on 2/18 for me. The last two movies I received updates for were Fired Up and Watchmen.

What seems really strange to me is that not only are the updates not being downloaded, but the import isn't finding any of the existing trailers or posters from 2/18 and prior. It's like they don't exist, yet they do. I'm currently running SageMC 6.3.8a and SageTV 6.4.8.184. The theaters and all other settings look exactly as they should. Has anyone else noticed this part or do I have an unrelated issue?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Same issue. We're still waiting to hear back from the author of MTSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I can confirm that MTSA stopped working on 2/18 for me. The last two movies I received updates for were Fired Up and Watchmen.

What seems really strange to me is that not only are the updates not being downloaded, but the import isn't finding any of the existing trailers or posters from 2/18 and prior. It's like they don't exist, yet they do. I'm currently running SageMC 6.3.8a and SageTV 6.4.8.184. The theaters and all other settings look exactly as they should. Has anyone else noticed this part or do I have an unrelated issue?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Guess I didnt pay enough attention to it before saying mine was working fine

Pretty much same boat as everyone else including it not even finding any of the previous listings / trailers even though they are in the folder...
Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
-- ditto
Old 02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

can someone help me out with a problem. I too can't update, however, I have a bunch of MOV files that movietime has downloaded. In sage, I cannot watch a trailer (I get the spinning circle of death). Any ideas? This worked at one time, but I haven't used it in quite a while, and now it does not work.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would think a lot would depend on how you are trying to watch the trailers. It is my understanding that the MovieTimes plugin relies on the XML files to show what the current showings at the theaters are and what MOV files link to what trailer. But it is all based on what's showing. If you don't get any updates then all of the show times are expired and there is no way for MovieTimes to pull up a list of trailers.

If you are trying to watch the MOV files as imported into the regular sagetv video folder I'm not sure that SageTV will import MOV files. I could be wrong on this but I just moved a MOV file to one of my Import directories and so far it hasn't shown up as being imported.

So the bottom line is I think we are stuck until the MTSA.exe file is fixed to work with whatever was changed at the Yahoo site.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

oops, found this thread after looking at this in another area. I probably ignored this due to it being for MC (Media Center). All I can guess is the same as everyone else... that Yahoo is blocking this from pulling info from their site for some reason.

I'll put a link to this thread in the movietime thread so ppl can figure out whats going on if they wander in there.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

nstocke,

thanks....I'll wait (impatiently) for the MTSA fix.....as we all must do
Old 02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

I emailed the author again yesterday asking if he has finished. I didnt get a reply.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Yeah, I noticed the same thing yesterday.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Try this version...

I got a reply from the author asking me to try the below version:

http://www.nephilim.it/mtsa.zip

However, at least for me, that version doest work with my existing config files that used to work before. Can you guys try and see if it works for you?

Code:
    C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MovieTimes>mtsa
  MovieTimesVBNET - Stand Alone, Version 4.5.4

Locating config file...
  Found: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MovieTimes\config.xml

Reading config file...
  Error in "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MovieTimes\config.xml" configuration file.

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\MovieTimes>

***RIP SageTV***