SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

The author emailed me as well. I had the same results as you when I tried it. I didn't see anywhere to download the config files so I couldn't compare mine to a sample of what works with this version of MTSA. I replied to the author and I'm still hoping to hear something this evening.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I used the MTSA.exe file that you had in your zip archive. I tried it in its native folder C:/mtsa and put the following files in there from the movietimes website:

config.xml
locations.xml

I put everything in the MTSA folder and ran the program (also tried as command line) and it said the same thing: error reading config.xml

I tried changing a few things in the config.xml file but none of them helped. I also noted that it no longer makes a log file, either.

Hope that is of help, its beyond my capabilities at this point.

Edit: you asked where we got the config files from... I got them here:

http://movietimes.home.comcast.net/~.../download.html

I used the standalone version hoping it would be the litmus test for the program. I used everything from there except the mtsa.exe file provided by mkanet.

Last edited by sungod; 02-27-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

After looking closely it appears mtsa is no longer retrieving the theater infomation and thus no showtimes or movies. Something must have changed on the site where that info was pulled from. When I tried to reload my theaters it came up with 2 blank entries, one circled in red and one not circled. With no theater info it doesn't know what to download.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Gerry, take a look at this forum thread:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/pl...02-22-a-49668/

The author "Jim" emailed me asking to try that version. See my comments at the end of the thread. I'm not sure if the original author wants to abandon MTSA.exe and have us switch to a different flavor of it or not. If so, we would also need to change our SageTV import here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
After looking closely it appears mtsa is no longer retrieving the theater infomation and thus no showtimes or movies. Something must have changed on the site where that info was pulled from. When I tried to reload my theaters it came up with 2 blank entries, one circled in red and one not circled. With no theater info it doesn't know what to download.

Gerry

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungod View Post
I put everything in the MTSA folder and ran the program (also tried as command line) and it said the same thing: error reading config.xml

I tried changing a few things in the config.xml file but none of them helped. I also noted that it no longer makes a log file, either.
I did some poking around the new mtsa.exe with Reflector and seen some new config settings were added. I added those new settings to the config.xml file and it seems to be working now. It's running right now, so I won't know if it really worked until it's finished, but here is the config.xml file I'm using:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
	<LocationFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
	<LogFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\log.txt</LogFile>
	<TempFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\Temp\</TempFolder>
	<NumberOfDays>7</NumberOfDays>
	<DownloadExtraDetails>True</DownloadExtraDetails>
	<PosterFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\posters\</PosterFolder>
	<PosterQuality>High</PosterQuality>
	<PreferEnglishPosters>True</PreferEnglishPosters>
	<TrailerFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\trailers\</TrailerFolder>
	<TrailerQuality>HD480</TrailerQuality>
	<PreferEnglishTrailers>True</PreferEnglishTrailers>
	<BackDropFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\backdrops\</BackDropFolder>
	<RemoveOldMedia>True</RemoveOldMedia>
	<DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>False</DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>
	<DownloadFanArt>True</DownloadFanArt>
	<XmlDataFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
	<XmlSchemaDataFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
</ConfigurationSettings>

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you show only the delta between the two config files? That would show a clear picture what was added/changed/removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
I did some poking around the new mtsa.exe with Reflector and seen some new config settings were added. I added those new settings to the config.xml file and it seems to be working now. It's running right now, so I won't know if it really worked until it's finished, but here is the config.xml file I'm using:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="no"?>
<ConfigurationSettings>
    <LocationFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\locations.xml</LocationFile>
    <LogFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\log.txt</LogFile>
    <TempFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\Temp\</TempFolder>
    <NumberOfDays>7</NumberOfDays>
    <PosterFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\posters\</PosterFolder>
    <PosterQuality>High</PosterQuality>
    <TrailerFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\trailers\</TrailerFolder>
    <TrailerQuality>HD480</TrailerQuality>
    <BackDropFolder>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\backdrops\</BackDropFolder>
    <RemoveOldMedia>True</RemoveOldMedia>
    <XmlDataFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\moviedata.xml</XmlDataFile>
    <XmlSchemaDataFile>\\dvr-server\Movies\movieshowtimes\media\moviedata.xsd</XmlSchemaDataFile>
</ConfigurationSettings>

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I added the following to my config.xml and it seems to be working now. You will probably just need to edit the one line with appropriate location info. Otherwise it will probably create a new folder on your C: drive.

Code:
        <BackDropFolder>c:\MovieTimes\Backdrops</BackDropFolder>
	<DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>True</DownloadExtraDetailsTMDB>
Just a reminder that once you edit your config.xml you don't want to use the configure MovieTimes within SageTVMC. It will save a new copy of config.xml without the added lines. And you're back to where you started.

Not sure if the ultimate solution will be having the author of the latest MTSA rewrite so it can ignore lines that are missing or getting the author of the MovieTimes Plugin to add the additional lines in the config.xml.

Last edited by nstocke; 02-28-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Can you show only the delta between the two config files? That would show a clear picture what was added/changed/removed.
I don't have any specific details about any of the added settings, but the xml tags should make their function self-explanatory. Here are the new settings:

Code:
	<BackDropFolder>path-to-backdrop-folder</BackDropFolder>

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
SageTVaholic

That did it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post
I added the following to my config.xml and it seems to be working now. You will probably just need to edit the one line with appropriate location info. Otherwise it will probably create a new folder on your C: drive.

Code:
Just a reminder that once you edit your config.xml you don't want to use the configure MovieTimes within SageTVMC. It will save a new copy of config.xml without the added lines. And you're back to where you started.

Not sure if the ultimate solution will be having the author of the latest MTSA rewrite so it can ignore lines that are missing or getting the author of the MovieTimes Plugin to add the additional lines in the config.xml.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Anyone want to contact Morgan to see if we can convince him to take advantage of backdrop artwork for some eye candy?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstocke View Post

Code:

I manually added these to my config file and also manually ran "mtsa config.xml". It did download new trailers and everything, but now when I launch "Movie Times" from within SageMC I get "No movies were found. Please run an update to download movie, theater, and showtime information". It does the same thing when I select "Theaters".
Anyone else?
Shawn
Old 03-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nevermind - it just hadn't finished downloading the movies! All is well now...
Old 03-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Anyone want to contact Morgan to see if we can convince him to take advantage of backdrop artwork for some eye candy?
So, what is backdrop artwork??

I haven't tried the new MTSA yet but will be taking a look at it and incorporate what I can in the download. I'm glad you guys have done some of this troubleshooting. APerry developed the MTSA.jar file that goes along with it. The config file and the movie data is managed by that jar file.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Morgan, I guess it would be the equivalent of Fanart, thats specific to each movie... Attached are some examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post

I haven't tried the new MTSA yet but will be taking a look at it and incorporate what I can in the download. I'm glad you guys have done some of this troubleshooting. APerry developed the MTSA.jar file that goes along with it. The config file and the movie data is managed by that jar file.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Reader.jpg (131.3 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg The International.jpg (270.7 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg Slumdog Millionaire.jpg (485.2 KB, 191 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll give the manual attempt a try. However, I don't have any of my theaters in the locations.xml file (when trying to run in Sage it stripped them out). How can I manually add a theater?
Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

This doesnt seem to work for me but I have regular windows xp, not the media center edition (or vista MC).

Even though my locations file has items listed as "active" the log states that no active theaters were selected. I can post the relevant data, but I think this is the wrong thread for that.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

There's a 4.5.5 version out now that supposedly works find with the old config files. I had already made the additions when I read that, so I'm re-running it again now without the changes and seeing if it completes successfully.

Does anyone know if there's a "quiet" version around? I normally run the quiet.exe so it doesn't interfere with Sage's interface.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:53 PM
SageTVaholic

This is what you can do with the backdrop artwork:

http://www.uptiki.com/images/40x4dgg9v8xjfo77ou.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a quiet .exe but I do not know if it is newer than the mtsa.exe file.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
There's a 4.5.5 version out now that supposedly works find with the old config files. I had already made the additions when I read that, so I'm re-running it again now without the changes and seeing if it completes successfully.

Does anyone know if there's a "quiet" version around? I normally run the quiet.exe so it doesn't interfere with Sage's interface.
So if we made the changes, we now need to go get another mtsa file and remove them?