SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I just put my original config file back, and everything returned back to normal. I am not using the 4.5.5 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
So if we made the changes, we now need to go get another mtsa file and remove them?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

so what your saying is i need a new mtsa to download or to change some config?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

where can I find the updated MTSA file? Also, does this mean that I don't need to add the additional info into the config.xml file (just run it as always through SageMC?).
Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Just replace the old one with the one below. You dont need to do anything different and everything should work the same way with this latest version.

http://www.nephilim.it/mtsa.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_H View Post
where can I find the updated MTSA file? Also, does this mean that I don't need to add the additional info into the config.xml file (just run it as always through SageMC?).

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

thank you....that worked great!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like I still need a little help. The movietimes works fine for finding the theaters, getting the movies, and even downloading the trailers. However, I cannot play the trailers anymore (used to a long time ago). I'm not sure what the problem is. Sage looks like it's about to open the file, and then just hangs (background is the screen that I click to play trailer). I have to kill Sage to recover. Any ideas? The movies are there (MOV files).
Old 03-02-2009, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you playback these files back if you used sageTV's video player?

Quote:
It looks like I still need a little help. The movietimes works fine for finding the theaters, getting the movies, and even downloading the trailers. However, I cannot play the trailers anymore (used to a long time ago). I'm not sure what the problem is. Sage looks like it's about to open the file, and then just hangs (background is the screen that I click to play trailer). I have to kill Sage to recover. Any ideas? The movies are there (MOV files).

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Sage User

Hey guys - this is Jim aka Key Master the original author of MTSA. I have been following Nephilim's work (over at Media Portal) and he seems to have MUCH more free time than I do to continue work on MTSA. Unfortunately, I just don't have much time anymore it seems to work on MTSA. I recently had a baby so all my free time seems to go to her now Hopefully Nephilim's version will continue to work for you and he didn't change too much core config stuff.

I personally would only be able to do maintainence on MTSA - no new features/countries, etc. Basically fix US-only listings that break. I did post the source of MTSA and this allowed Nephilim to continue my work - which I hoped someone would at some point

In summary, if Nephilim's version doesn't work for the Sage community, let me know and I'll scrape together some time to fix only the USA listings. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

-Jim
Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Jim congratulations on your new baby. Nephilim, has generously offered to adopt us sageTV users (and other non-mediaportal users). His version was a little different at first; but he quickly made his version backward compatible with the original config files once he found out we needed support.

Thanks for pointing us to Nephilim's version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by key master View Post
Hey guys - this is Jim aka Key Master the original author of MTSA. I have been following Nephilim's work (over at Media Portal) and he seems to have MUCH more free time than I do to continue work on MTSA. Unfortunately, I just don't have much time anymore it seems to work on MTSA. I recently had a baby so all my free time seems to go to her now Hopefully Nephilim's version will continue to work for you and he didn't change too much core config stuff.

I personally would only be able to do maintainence on MTSA - no new features/countries, etc. Basically fix US-only listings that break. I did post the source of MTSA and this allowed Nephilim to continue my work - which I hoped someone would at some point

In summary, if Nephilim's version doesn't work for the Sage community, let me know and I'll scrape together some time to fix only the USA listings. I'll keep my eye on this thread.

-Jim

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

can you not play them, or do not even have the option? I had to go in and say enable in the movietime setup menu to do it. i think the default is set to off

movietimes/config/ inside there. sry, i do not have a screenshot for you.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Finally, working again! This is great.

I do have one question, though. How come we've never been able to use left as back when navigating MovieTimes? I really hate having to highlight the "back" button and clicking on it. I'm able to use left as back everywhere else in the UI, and it seems that it should work here as well.

What do you guys think?

Is there a reason it doesn't work this way?
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm not sure, now that you mention it I would like to find the solution to that as well. I'll start looking into it, but Im not very good at this kind of thing.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

I see the Play trailor selection on the screen, but when I click it, I get the top and bottom of the screen showing the CAPTION information, but the background (or where the movie should play) just shows the last screen background and sage hangs (spinning circle of death).

I cannot play MOV files in windows (doesn't look like quicktime is installed). Do I need this? I don't remember uninstalling it.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I cannot play MOV files in windows (doesn't look like quicktime is installed). Do I need this? I don't remember uninstalling it.
I am fairly certain that Sage can play .mov files itself. The sageplayer.exe or some name like that. Which STVi plugin are you using(the one ending in .stvi), and what version of sage are you running?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm currently using SageMC. I did notice that under the player setup the current file is "NULL". Not sure if I need to point to something there or not.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm currently using SageMC. I did notice that under the player setup the current file is "NULL". Not sure if I need to point to something there or not.
If you are talking about the Trailer Config section then the 2nd and 3rd options are not significant if the internal Sage player is enabled, which should be.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

the internal sage player is enabled.....yet I cannot watch the trailers
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I've change the configuration to play the trailers through cyberlink power dvd and that works, however I don't like having the power dvd player open up ontop of sage and then I have to manually close the window.

There must be something wrong with my internal player, no? How can I fix/check that?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

I imagine its in your sage.properties file. The only way any edits you make to it will stick is if you close down sage completely, and if you are running sage as a service, stop that service as well. Note that if you simply end the process/service, it will restart in a couple of minutes by itself so you must stop rather than kill/end. Hope that made sense.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I've change the configuration to play the trailers through cyberlink power dvd and that works, however I don't like having the power dvd player open up ontop of sage and then I have to manually close the window.

There must be something wrong with my internal player, no? How can I fix/check that?
Have you tried changing the MPEG4 Playback settings under Detailed Setup -> Video/Audio? Mine is set to DirectShow. I also have QuickTime installed. I don't think it is required, but it may make a difference depending on that setting.